Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I believe they call that "teaching your grandmother to suck eggs." Buford and Baljeet teach us about spades.

• Like x 9
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Steven would be an amazing auspistice tbh.

• Like x 12
  3. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Please tell me someone else here has watched Saiunkoku Monogatari. I'm rewatching it and wow it is absolutely amazing and also a fucking pale soap opera i stg.

The main character shuurei starts off in a long term moirallegiance with her father's ward Seiran, and is hustled off to the imperial harem to tutor the Emperor who she thinks is gay. She starts going pale for him and thinks he's flushed for seiran. The emperor starts going flushed for her and maybe also Seiran, who he asks to sleep with him. Meanwhile Seiran is aware the whole time and the emperor quickly discovers that he's actually his long-lost brother, and Seiran is ALL THE PALE for the emperor, like, they literally get in arguments about who was loved more by the other one. Also it turns out that the emperor is actually bi and only on strike from banging chicks because he doesn't want kids to raise a succession dispute if he ever gets his precious brother back. So now they're in some kind of heart-diamond mobius reacharound where they all want to cuddle platonically and talk through their tragic pasts and also maybe angst a lot over all wanting to kiss each other's faces only not really.

MEANWHILE, the emperor's two loyal advisors Kouyuu and Shuuei, have been bickering and working together and giving each other shit the whole time in a way that looks totally spades, until episode 7 when Kouyuu starts talking about his daddy issues and crying on Shuuei's chest and Shuuei promises to always rein him in if he gets carried away and find him when he gets lost and i just. OMG , this scene is the palest thing Ive ever seen.

And the two guardian dudes? DEM STAR-CROSSED SPADES. Im cry.

Also, unrelatedly, shuurei and seiran's dad is hottest dad. Wowza.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  4. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Presented for your consideration: Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko!

Main character is hearts for a guy who's diamonds back at her.

Main character is diamonds for a girl who's hearts back.

The guy and the girl are in deep, black spades at each other.

All three are basically clueless about every aspect of this.

• Like x 3
  5. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I found a thing I drew ages ago for Tales of Xillia.

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  6. @Enzel I don't know the fandom but that is a nice graphic.

• Like x 1
  7. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Has anyone done star trek? Its interesting to me how differently I ship tos and xi.

TOS:
    SPOCK <3 KIRK FOREVER, though i think spock is usually pretty ace so it sometimes shades pale. Kirk needs many hands to even begin trying to keep him out of doing stupid shit so that probably just as well. They had also a single black flip during amok time that neither of them wanted to admit to REALLY LIKING.

Kirk<> McCoy, where McCoy cannot fucking believe he's putting up with so much bullshit and dammit jim how are you not actually literally dead you daft twit?

Spock <3<| McCoy, which sometimes kirk gets a little ashen for and everyone wakes up embarrassed the next day and agrees never to talk about it like those two friends everyone has who keep hooking up while drunk and yet refuse to admit liking each other. Meanwhile they just enjoy the shit out of needling each other all the goddamned time its so gr8.

I like the idea of Uhura <3<| Sulu too, at least in mirrorverse, but it comes up a lot less. Maybe a particularly mellow companionable spade, where they're both like, welp, lol you could fight them but they're gonna fuck you up. I'll just watch shall I? Yep, toldya.

XI:

Kirk<3<| Spock. Oh my lord, so much yes. I'm going to push you until you can't hide stuff or run away from stuff or ignore stuff you don't want to be true, Im not going to let you get away with being anything less than your best and sharpest fucking fight me. Also dat breathplay amirite?

Kirk <> McCoy, always in any universe. I like how XI lets you see more why McCoy needs kirk too.

McCoy & Spock as dudes who fucking love being quadrant corners. McCoy loves watching spock give kirk shit and spock is always relieved that kirk has someone watching out for him.

Spock <3 Uhura, where they just fucking terrify the whole rest of the ship and then she gets him alone and probably he brushes her hair and she like, reads him actual poetry before they make out.

Kirk<3 Gaila, more for fandom than the actual movie to be fair but still. I love the idea of Kirk having a girlfriend as adventurous and smart and gleefully xenokinked and shameless as he is.

Likewise because of fandom mostly, Uhura<> Gaila. They balance each other really well and are both awesome in such complimentary ways. Also i find the idea of uhura and mccoy sitting in some planetside dive just silently drinking in despair at their moirail's endless ability to start trouble totally hilarious. Probably they only get a few drinks in before kirk and gaila set the place on fire.

• Like x 7
  8. I can't believe I forgot the new X-Men series I literally walked out of DOFP and drew my ships. Professor X <> Mystique <3< Magneto <3 Professor X. No wonder they fuck everything up.

• Like x 7
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@Lissiel yes, that is perfect! :D
    star trek makes so much sense as a show/movie about the quadrants of a few people on a spaceship. and that explains their dynamics so well.

and introducing something new here, this might not make sense, but i said something to @swirlingflight and @IvyLB about how i wasn't sure if and how much pretty much all the characters in red vs. blue hated each other (i wondered if sarge really wanted grif dead, for example) in the early seasons, so... RvB as a big spades mess (with other quadrants in it as well but mostly spades)?

• Like x 6
  10. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

HELLO YES I AM HERE FOR GEM QUADRANTS :D I feel like Lapis kind of fell for Steven because he was LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON who had treated her pale in such a long time - what she feels for him is all stardust and snowfall. She's half-way black for the rest of everything - Witch of Rage, much? XD

(Steven's kinda pale for the whole entire universe though XD I actually blushed hard when he was reassuring Peridot over the storm. STEVEN UNIVERSE YOU PALE HUSSY XDD)

I feel like Garnet is all pale as much as she is flushed, as well. Ruby and Sapphire's break-up and make-up in the Motel episode struck me as super pale, personally.
    Rose Quartz was Pearl's moirail (even though she was trying to get flushed through the diamond) and hence her being a mess since Rose left. And I absolutely agree with Garnet having to be the middle leaf of her and Amethyst's club - they're easing up a little since Steven arrived, but it's still a little shaky.

I feel like Jasper has been pitch for Rose for so long - but then again Jasper's pitch for a lot of things XD

• Like x 9
  11. unknownanonymous

@lilacsofthedead you what i think would be perfect? (for a certain definition of perfect, anyway)
    lapis and jasper being pitch at the universe and each other together
    lol that might be part of what made malachite such a dysfunctional fusion, the fact that lapis and jasper feel so pitch for everything and when they combine, well... BOOM!
    the pitchest Gem in the universe!

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah but Lapis and Jasper are not only pitch, they're a dysfunctional pitch. Jasper doesn't understand Lapis at all and Lapis wants to grind Jasper into dust beneath her bare heel. That is not how you have a healthy rivalry!

• Like x 8
  13. unknownanonymous

very true.
    something about the way @lilacsofthedead described lapis and jasper as individuals, both being pitch for the universe, just amused me, basically, and i wanted to share that. i don't think i got the words out completely right but yeah... malachite as The Most Pitch Fusion Ever is hilarious to me.
    i wonder how a healthy pitch fusion would work.

• Like x 3
  14. The same way a healthy pitch relationship would work, I think. Challenging and pushing each other without spiraling out of control and needlessly/seriously hurting themselves and/or others.

• Like x 3
  15. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I think Opal is a pretty good pitch fusion, personally, for all they can't sustain her for long.

• Like x 9
  16. unknownanonymous

this is not exactly the subject of the thread, but i really wish that:
    was a quadrant. 'cause it is definitely a type of relationship and i think i can name quite a few characters in it.
    the doctor and clara (hellbent was basically about how having them with each other isn't safe for the universe)
    garnet and amethyst (sugilite. just sugilite.)

like, instead of stablizing you like a moirail does, they unstablize you and make you go off the rails but not in a kismesisy way. in a way that's more about shared enthusiasm, that kind of thing, pushing to a greater and greater high.

• Like x 5
  17. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Wheres that post with flipped colours on the quadrants when you need it. *grumpgrump*

edit: found it, but I hadnt remembered it correctly. But thinking in terms of it, maybe a pale spade is what that would be^

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    • Like x 1
  18. Imoyram

in case anyone is interested
    [​IMG]

and seeing as how they made everything red or black, completely removing ashen and pale, you could totally make aus with all types of these
    black heart, red heart, pale heart, ashen heart
    black spade, red spade, pale spade, ashen spade
    clack diamond, red diamond, pale diamond, ashen diamond
    black club, red clube, pale club, ashen club

Obviously some already exist, but those would be really interesting to fill in.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    • Like x 3
  19. unknownanonymous

• Like x 1
  20. Imoyram

No problem! Its completely theorctical honestly, cause like, this could only exist in aus and our imaginations, btu yknow. something to call it.

(also im now totally not gonna sleep till i come up with names and definitions for all sixteen of those quadrants)

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice