Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@Imoyram yep.
    for me, it was basically the result of trying to stick stuff in quadrants in this thread and trying to see how well quadrants work for describing real and fictional relationships outside of homestuck. 'cause yeah, quadrants work pretty well when it comes to categorizing but sometimes the four find a relationship that doesn't really fit in any of them. which might mean the relationship is a quasi-quadrant (try saying that three times fast, haha) or that the relationship, like the sufferer and the disciples', surpasses the quadrants. though those two things might mean the same thing, just put in different words. i dunno.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    • Like x 5
  2. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Someone today was like "I hope Finn and Rey don't turn out to be related or something because I want them to get together"

I'm like "no man I ship them as moirails"

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 1
  3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@Soul I ship Finn and Rey SO PALE SO HARD YOU HAVE NO IDEA :D

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  4. I'm the terrible raincloud to the First Ship parade that always feels the need to point out that the Disciple is not exactly an unbiased source of information on what was at the time her relationship with a famous martyr. It's entirely possible she made that shit up because that's what she wanted to believe.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

This is the fault of Ford and Pearl and Ophira in Weirdmageddon Tango, isn't it?

LET'S DO SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!! SCIENCE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

(oops)

Ford >< Pearl (it even looks like an explosion!)

• Like x 3
  6. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Hello everyone I would like to point out that madelena <3< Gareth is basically canon.
    (Galavant)

• Like x 3
  7. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

On the subject of Galavant...

• Like x 5
  8. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

I can't even tell what quadrants half the relationships in this show are

• Like x 2
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i hateship genos/sonic from one punch man because of this post.

• Like x 4
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Vegeta <3</<> Goku. Vegeta is super hardcore blackcrushing on Goku, but Goku is leagues above him in terms of power and doesn't really take him seriously as a rival. He does, however, seem to want Vegeta to be better than he is. Happier, more open, less angry. Don't think he's very good at relationships, but a light kinda palecrush doesn't seem out of place. I kinda think Goku is vaguely aro. Like he does care about people, but he's never felt very romantic about it... I dunno.

• Like x 2
  11. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I'd actually make the case for that being a type of matespritship. "Less go be badasses together! YEAH! We'll go hunt shadow-droppers and race the sun back home! FUCK YEAH! And then- WE'LL MAKE OUT! <3 <3 <3"

Especially since the zombie-hunting and daring the sun to catch up with you before you make it back to your hive was a canonical example of a traditional flushed date.

• Like x 5
  12. unknownanonymous

hmmm... yeah, i think i can see that logic. i didn't think of being matespriteship before 'cause it didn't seem it had to come along with the other conventions of matespriteship - like, people could have that kinda relationship with each other and not want to have sex or kiss or anything else along those lines. but that is a compelling argument. matesprites are the only quadrant partners that usually don't actively try to prevent their partner from being stupid or make them better most of the time.

• Like x 2
  13. Anomal(eee)

Yeah, I have a pair of fantrolls that are pretty much exactly that kind of matespritship. One's a ruffiannihilator and the other's a threshecutioner and they have all of the bar brawls. *affectionate sigh* They are my problem children.

And yeah, that relationship dynamic certainly doesn't have to be a concupiscent one, but if we're going for a quadrant that fits it best, the flushed one seems like it would be it.

• Like x 2
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I think that really depends on the pair.

@unknownanonymous was thinking about Ford and Pearl in Weirdmageddon Tango, where Ford and his wife Valiska Pines (from the dimension 52 that he was missing in the Last Mabelcorn) walk around in a cloud of little hearts and Pearl is still not over Rose Quartz.

Plus most of the friendships I've had that were >< did not involve making out.

• Like x 2
  15. unknownanonymous

:D basically.

though ford and pearl weren't the only characters i was thinking about, your comment about them was what reminded of my earlier thoughts on it and caused me to bring it up here. i think i might've begun thinking about with the doctor and clara, honestly - which is a pairing i romantically ship for doctor who, as well as doctor/master. one word: hellbent.

• Like x 1
  16. Anomal(eee)

Yeah, reiterating that I do agree it doesn't have to be a concupiscent relationship in other settings, just that if we had to assign it to a quadrant in particular, that is the quadrant I think it would be closest to. Even in the quadrant system, though, I believe there are plenty of different dynamics that would still be a matespritship or whatever other quadrant relationship. That particular one just strikes me as a "partners-in-crime" variation on the general theme of flushed romance for trolls. For non-trolls? /shrug. Filthy quadrant-smearers, the lot of them. ;D

• Like x 3
  17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

There oughta be a term for someone who rivals for peeps cause they love em and want them to get better and know that being all mushy mushy with them won't work. A pale spade. That's what Goku is, I think.

• Like x 3
  18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I think in general thats what any healthy spade looks like. 'S the difference between a kismesis and an actual enemy.

• Like x 6
  19. Ok so for those of you who don't Lyoko (I don't blame you) Sissi is basically the Alpha Bitch at the school all the main characters go to, partly by virtue of being the daughter of the principal of the school. She has two boys who basically tag along wherever she goes and laugh at her jokes because no one else will, Nicholas and Herb (or Herve if you're going with the French spelling). Nicholas is the big dumb muscle who seems to occasionally be decent. Nicholas HERB sorry is a pimply nerd who's second in the class, the first being one of the main characters, and who has an obviously dead-end crush on Sissi. Now the thing is, Nicholas and Herb don't get along that well. There's several points in the series where Nicholas and Herb fight, even throwing punches at each other, and Sissi comes along and breaks it up. But they also seem to be each other's friends to a certain extent. At one point, Nicholas asks Herb to come with him on a "romantic experience in the moonlight" when one of the other main characters, a girl, says she can't come with him, which winds up being a fishing trip they keep bickering during. So I was watching Sissi break up an argument they're having in front of her for the 500th time and I realize wait
    she's auspisticising for them.
    The school bitch and her retinue are ashen mates.
    What the fuck.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    • Like x 6
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Amazing and wonderful.

...man, I haven't seen Code Lyoko in years. Even then the only things I remember are Teddy Bear Episode and Evil Twin Jeremy/Evil Twin Yumi Episodes.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice