Hooray, I have brain problems!

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Charl, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Charl

Charl Well-Known Member

This is going to be a thread where I self-indulgently ramble about my fucked-up head. Please feel free to say things and/or poke at me through the cage bars.

ADHD

Depression
    Internet addiction
    Avoidance
    Various things have been tried. Ritalin doesn't work great, but it's better than nothing, even if it does certain weird things to me (feelings of hollowness, no sense of hunger or thirst, basically makes me asexual-- like, it gets rid of all the natural physical urges I'd normally have). I've tried a few antidepressants, but nothing has worked, so apparently I don't have a serotonin or norepinephrine problem. I do have low testosterone, so I got shots of T for a while, but there was no noticeable change after several injections. I don't really know how to cope. It'd be nice to at least pass this last semester and get a degree, but it feels like I'd just lose that last excuse to avoid entering a world that expects work I'm not equipped to handle. I'm not suicidal, and it feels like dying would be a shitty move, but being alive isn't all that fuckin' super either. Someone broken in the way I am can't perform certain essential functions of a person. I don't know how to get myself fixed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice