Horrifying headcanons here?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Comments have been made about Jake's interest in "blue ladies" implying an interest in oxygen-deprived ones, and I pointed out Joey likes the "green lady from ReBoot" and rumour has it limeblood Fiamet will be her love interest, green implying sickness, and a commentor brought up this.

• Like x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

(Girls in general, but his favourites seem to be the Light players.)

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Diemen has a line in Act 2 about his hotdog being "no one important", which he hastily backtracks on, and he's making a point of holding it and not eating it. This is making me wonder if he made his dead lusus into hotdogs and that's his last one.

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

TW: gunshot injury picture

5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

[vague gesture at the entire spoiler-ridden bugsnax cannibalism horror stuff that the bugsnax fandom has been coming up with over the past few days]

6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Soifon proudly displayed the progress she had been making on her shikai, which kills people instantly if they are hit with it twice in the same spot, to Yoruichi. With all the joy and pride of a child showing her mom the cool drawing she made in class today. Yoruichi, far from being horrified because this is simply their line of work, was impressed and praised her for this. Such things are among Soifon's most deeply cherished memories. She thinks of them with the same sort of casual fondness one would over a board game night with friends.

7. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

Persona Q2:

So imagine this;

You get yanked into another world. Your baby sister is there. She's been horribly mutilated, but doesn't seem to realise. She doesn't recognise you. She DOES seem to remember your boss/guardian. And she tells you stuff about him and the stuff he's having her do for him that makes him sound like he's gone totally off the deep end.

That's pretty much the position Margaret, Theodore, and Elizabeth are in here!

• Like x 1
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Interesting reference to the Cthulhu Mythos in a Good Omens fic made me think that, if he isn't actually his 'verse's King in Yellow, Hastur took his name from the actual one after the Fall. Ligur may have done too, as it's possible (thanks Discord) that his name came from "lloigor", these things.

9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I am back on my bullshit babeyyyyy

Still holding p hard to the headcanon that pearls are frequently used to uh, shall we say, get certain urges out.

Additionally, since we now know that Rose WAS Pink, and that Pearl had been made for her, and she is literally unable to disobey an order…yeah. (And given that she’s still struggling to take Rose off the pedestal she’s had her on for millennia—hell, she straight-up admitted to Volleyball that she’s “still making excuses for her”—I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to assume that if she was sexually abused she wouldn’t be entirely willing to acknowledge it as such. That’s just what you do for the one you love, right?)

• Agree x 3
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wonder if the orange markings on the faces of some of the clown cultists are added to the grey-and-white pattern after the clown's first direct kill. Chahut and the twins kill freely and they have orange marks, while Karako is still young enough to have potentially not managed one yet, Gamzee was too stoned and easygoing to kill before the game (plus the clown cult seems to have fallen out of societal favour in the intervening time), and Marvus kills thousands indirectly but avoids bloodying his own hands. Spoiled by the Grand Highblood not having the orange marks, but maybe that's some kind of traditional pattern all the GHB title holders have?

• Winner x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was confirmed in Act 2, but... considering Bronya's careful facade of neutrality, I'm almost certain she knows exactly how Lynera feels about her and how dangerous Lynera is, and refuses to say anything for fear of making Lynera snap even further.

• Winner x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Kind of the opposite of a horrifying headcanon here, but
    I am fairly sure Umbridge was NOT raped by centaurs, going by the fact that she was alive to be found, considering what happened to Kenneth Pinyan (obvious TW). Being dumped in the monster forest with known dangers would be terrifying enough on its own for her to react badly to reminders, and she acts exactly the same as she always did in her next appearance so if she has long-term trauma we don't see any signs. Yeah, memory charms exist in canon but they've been shown not to erase trauma, considering Neville's parents weren't just memory charmed into sanity again. I'm aware of the centaur mythology, but the Inferi don't go around moaning "braaaains" either, and the centaurs in canon are pissed off by humans stereotyping them as mindless beasts.
    Applies to within the canon, not outside. If that was the intention in a children's book there are bigger problems.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Rose went grimdark because the answer to "Are the horrorterrors good or evil?" is actually that they're good, SBurb itself is evil, and turning you into a horrorterror bit by bit is what it does to you if you question it.

• Winner x 2
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

SCP-953 hasn't tried to escape since her massacre at the furry convention, and I think I know why. According to the original Korean folktale "The Fox Sister", if the kumiho consumed enough human livers, she would eventually become a human herself. It's not quite clear in any accessible translation why she desired this, but various mythological beings have wanted to become humans to gain a soul and thus access to Heaven, a la the original Little Mermaid, so it might have been that. Here, 953's victims at the furry convention put her count over the top, taking away her powers, and she's been so subdued since because, unlike kumiho, humans feel remorse. A human point of view may also have made her realise that someone who ate hundreds of human livers for selfish reasons is probably not heading to Heaven anyway.

• Winner x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Discussion of Dresden Files on Dreamwidth brought up this.

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's a little suspicious that APH Spain spends all his time feeding tomatoes to the toddler-aged Italies in a time period when tomatoes were thought to be a dangerously powerful aphrodisiac. I hope that wasn't intentional on Himaruya's part.

• Informative x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's heavily implied in APH canon that the nations literally can't disobey their leaders, which has a lot of perversion potential or just plain horror potential. In canon, Russia was ordered to stop a tank with his bare hands, and succeeded - was his boss aware he could do that at the time? I get the idea that total control over a super-powered being would lead most people (probably including me, I must admit) into pushing the boundaries just to see what was possible or not. It also came up on Discord that someone could give them an order that's actually impossible in one way or another, and I think them having mostly-human minds would prevent any divide-by-zero breakdown errors (they're not much use if they totally collapse at something so trivial) and they could just tell the human that it's not possible, but given how badly some of them have been treated by their humans in canon, it wouldn't surprise me if someone ordered them to punish themselves for not completing an order. It's also canonically demonstrably not mind control; they can be annoyed by and disagree with orders, so they know what they're being made to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice