Horrifying headcanons here?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

an undertale one:

LOAD stands for Loss Of Animate Determination.

To go back, the SAVE holder would need to either die, be suicidal, or have a ghost (not a ghost monster, but an actual lingering spirit of the dead type ghost) possess them and trigger it that way.

Neither Frisk nor Flowey are aware of there being any conditions on going back at all beyond the "most determined person can block the others" rule, at least not until a few months post-Pacifist.

• Like x 3
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Tell me this doesn't explain a fuck of a lot about Hetalia's France. Does Himaruya-san know about this?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

The white strip of hair that circumnavigates Stanford Pines' head from one temple to the other? That's how it grew back over the scar after they put the metal plate in his head in Dimension 52.

• Like x 5
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

*cracks knuckles*

Damien’s kind of a skinny fuck and likes to play mind game, so I think the majority of his abuse with Aiden involved emotional manipulation and gaslighting.

Aiden’s a guy who reaches for violence as his very first response to pretty much any level of emotional turmoil, and really has no compunctions about using it.

Which means I think Damien got a lot of use out of the “oh, big man thinks he’s so powerful for doing a violence” shit, especially if Aiden ever shoved him away or got even slightly physical in response to Damien’s bullshit. Given that Aiden’s already caught up in his own shit because of the things he remembers about his dad, he’d be really vulnerable to it (for good reason jesus christ Aiden have you tried not hitting things for once) and it’s one of those soft spots I think Damien would really enjoy getting to jab.

He keeps dragging Aiden throughout the game for being a Tough Guy too, and seems to think ‘kidnapping his sister’ is a reasonable escalation from ‘Aiden said no’. So it’s not unrealistic for him to be doing that shit on the smaller scale prior to the Merlaut job and them finally breaking up.

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I am not nearly as violent as Aiden, but I dated someone like this and I agree so hard.

6. Birdy

Birdy so long

Oh, I’ve got constellations of these for Naruto, the setting lends itself so well to it, but here’s one I came up with today:

The reason why people react so violently to the cursed seal is that when it’s initially placed the immune system will actually attack the foreign chakra- this is why Sasuke had a high fever and pain at the site of the mark (probably from inflammation) after Orochimaru first put it on him in the forest of death.

Due to Kimimaro’s abnormal physiology, Orochimaru wasn’t sure if he’d survive the initial immune response, but he was interested enough in the boy as a vessel that he was willing to do whatever was necessary to keep him alive through the acute phase. So Kimi was dosed with immunosuppressants.

The disease that eventually kills the kid is some kind of progressive respiratory condition, with TB being the obvious answer. Only, otherwise strong and healthy 15 year old boys don’t really get active TB, unless, for some reason, they’re already immunocompromised.

Kimimaro devoted his whole short, sad, ugly life to Orochimaru and cried over the fact that due to his illness he couldn’t be the vessel Oro wanted. And the snake bastard was the only reason he got sick in the first place.

• Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Disciple successfully got hold of Sufferer's body after his execution. Needing energy for escaping, she ate it.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

They're trolls, that might be romantic for them.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Did she eat it face first like a real cat

• Agree x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh wait thats dogs, nvm sorry

• Informative x 1
  11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Another homestuck headcanon: sopor slime isn't naturally necessary and is both harmful to trolls and legally required. It both acts as a conduit for the Empresses's Life powers and interferes with natural troll reproduction, forcing them to use the bucket system.

Alternian sopor slime also, when absorbed through the skin by a troll, metabolizes into a compound that causes intense photosensitivity, reacting with the psionics in a troll so that the light of almost any sun can kill them.
    There is a mutation that prevents this, but only jadebloods are allowed to have it and all non-jade grubs are tested for it as part of the Trials (it involves a bright light, grubs that do not avoid the light and are not jade are culled).

As well as that, Alternian sopor slime acts as a chucklevoodoo blocker when the troll is in it but is metabolized into a compound that, after a few sweeps, had built up to a level where it takes months to leave the body and that acts like a chucklevoodoo conduit. This 'conduit' compound is more than cancelled out by the 'blocker' compound when the troll is sleeping in sopor slime, but it means that any Empire troll older than about two sweeps who is not legally feral (like Nepeta) has intense nightmares without sopor slime-intense enough that they tend to be unable to sleep.

Adult trolls have their lifespans altered via sopor slime-if you somehow weaned an Empire troll off of sopor slime they'd age naturally.

Combined with the general unpleasantness of sopor slime withdrawal, this forms a very effective control mechanism for the Empire-trolls can't rebel as only a few very trusted Empire trolls know how to make sopor slime and prevent the farm-factories from self-destructing, all trolls believe sopor slime is biologically required as much as food or water, and even if rebels manage to secure a sopor slime supply, the Empress can sometimes work out their location and simply suck the life from their bodies while they sleep if she can figure out where they are.

As a result of all this, Sburb doesn't allow for the alchemization of sopor slime.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

BNHA:
    midnight had a friend she was really close to. said friend had a difficult childhood and the adults in her life failed her massively, so she became the villain solar flare. midnight was instrumental in stopping her, and it made her realize that someone needs to support the young heroes-in-training beyond cultivating their skills. that's why she became a teacher, so that she can prevent another solar flare from happening.
    midnight herself can't quite understand why others would question her costume choices in her teacher context - it's what she grew up with. it's just that she made the cut to hero, whereas solar flare didn't.

bonus: they're both from yuuei academy originally, getting there was their ticket out of poverty.

ETA:
    Ok so I hadn't read Illegals yet which apparently canonizes the "help support the kids" angle.
    Apart from that, I just took one look at Midnight's hair and her sleep-inducing and had to think of Vriska. And a Vriska needs a Terezi, thus Solar Flare.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like x 1
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Chara didn't use to talk much, often going all day without saying anything, and narrating things was a rare game they played with Asriel like...month or so. They got chattier after dying as a response to the loneliness of being a ghost.

After their death but before Frisk arrived, they used to narrate for things like random beetles.

• Like x 2
  14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Pretty much canon, but Pearl has things she is programmed to be literally incapable of talking about in any way.

More generally, Pearls are preprogrammed, but their programming can be altered fairly easily. (Rose may have attempted to reprogram (or deprogram, rather) Pearl at some point. It didn't really work as intended.)

• Agree x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Anyone else know Tales of MU? I remembered Two the golem, and now I'm imagining someone having to order one of the Zahhaks - probably Horuss considering his fake happy act, but then Equius' anger issues could work - to cry when he's sad.

• Winner x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dave attempted to seek outside help to deal with Bro's treatment of him. Since what Bro did was so fucking weird, none of the adults he told believed him.

• Like x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Considering everyone's indifference to her being gone, the heavy implication is that Dirk destroying Aranea's soul outright erased her from ever having existed.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice