how do I not feel incredibly insecure in my relationship?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by chaoticArbiter, Nov 5, 2015.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

he. he literally just confirmed that I mean nothing in comparison to his girlfriend.

2. chaoticArbiter

nope. I'm done. I'm so done. maybe I really will break up with him. he can have fun trying to figure out how to fix his goddamn mistake this time. I refuse to help.

3. reiyel

reiyel Active Member

wow um yes. that... it really sucks for you, i'm sorry, but it really looks like he is not valuing you. :( urgh. i'm sorry.

4. chaoticArbiter

I just broke up with him and I'm sobbing
    I hate him
    I hate this

5. reiyel

reiyel Active Member

awgh. :((((((((((((

internet hugs?

you're worth so much more than this, hon.

• Like x 1
  6. chaoticArbiter

thanks. I guess I know that...but it's hard to feel like that. this just hurts a lot and it sucks.
    *hugs*

7. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

I'm real sorry. You're better off without him, but I know right now that doesn't mean much in light of how much it hurts.

It'll hurt less later, but for now go ahead and comfort yourself in whatever way you need to. Have some ice cream or cake or something and watch cartoons, maybe.

• Like x 1
  8. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

i'm so so sorry dude.

it's ok to be sad! there were good parts to your relationship, and you're grieving the end of that. (i say this because i felt dumb for being sad when i broke up with my ex, or like being sad meant i had made a mistake)

i know it doesn't help to know right now, but you'll feel so much better later. be kind to yourself, do something you enjoy, get the sad out however works best for you. and remember that you deserve someone who doesn't consider you an afterthought.

*hugs*

• Like x 1
  9. chaoticArbiter

thank you both.

I did feel kinda dumb for being so upset over it? but yeah, I'm grieving the good parts to our relationship, and that's okay.

I ended up watching a bunch of Steven Universe. I'm feeling better today, so. there's that.

and hopefully down the road I'll meet someone better. c:

*hugs budgie*

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice