How often do you interact with your local friends IRL?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by BPD anon, Mar 7, 2016.

?

How often do you interact with your local friends IRL?

1. Multiple times a day

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Once a day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Once or twice a week

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Once or twice a month

20 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Once or twice a year

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Discounting the one I live with, about every other month.

2. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I have in-person D&D every week, except like half the time leaving my house seems like too much work so I skype in. Apart from that, I try to see a friend every couple weeks. For each individual friend, this translates to once every couple months, or so.

3. Leegle

Leegle Electric Beagle-loo

... Never.

I don't really have local friends, my main one moved away, but even then it was like once or twice a month.

Is it weird to not have any local friends (I have a lot online) but also have no desire for them at all? My interests range between solo activities like crafting and gaming/RPing and stuff which all takes place online anyway, so I don't really feel that weird about it... Despite the fact that my family and stuff always bugs me about making IRL friends. I feel no need or desire to do so, though. Am I alone in that? 8<

4. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Don't think so! My situation is slightly different since I've got one local friend, but I also don't really feel the need to make more either. Even when she was overseas for a year or two, I didn't really feel like there was any need to go find others due to loneliness or whatever. I think it's probably slightly unusual to feel this way (in the sense that it's uncommon), but I also don't really feel like it's weird. It's probably ideal in the sense that you're not really feeling like you're missing anything in the situation you're in. I'd assume feeling lonely sucks.

5. Petra

Petra space case

Naw, that's where am. My parents don't really get it, but my older brother does. I can socialize in person just fine - although I'm autistic and it's still a lot easier online - I just don't really want to.

6. Leegle

Leegle Electric Beagle-loo

@Hobo I'm relieved to hear that, then. I never feel lonely, per se, because I have so many online friends with so many different schedules that chances are someone's always around to talk when I feel like it. There are the occasional times when no one is responding and then I get a little lonely, but that hasn't happened since I've been on my antidepressants for some reason, so maybe it was me more taking it personally than anything else. And not to mention, chances are that people I knew IRL wouldn't be any more available at that time, anyhow...

@Petra Okay, that's a relief. I can socialize in person too, and in fact I did on Friday at some local coder meeting, but it's not like it was enriching in any way. I can fake being extroverted, but I'm really not, lmao. I only get comfortable when I'm with people I know super well, but then I almost always saying something stupid and then my brain reminds me of it all day until I'm a puddle of shame-- even if it was totally inconsequential and not important!

7. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

College, so many different friends every. single. day. Every day.
    (OFC one reason for that is that it really helps to suppress my depression an anxiety issues, and not everyone does that thing.)
    I used to have the stereotypical "group of Best Friends" thing, but it blew up in my face after I made a stupid decision. Still friends with all but one of them, just don't get to hang out as often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice