Humans are the weirdest aliens?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Sethrial MacCoill, Nov 29, 2016.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

What if the average alien reaction to humans doing perfectly normal-by-our-point-of-view things with our joints was that "Holy shit, stop that, I will literally pay you $100 for you never to do this again" reaction people sometimes have to Weird Joint Shit

• Like x 8
  2. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

As a hyper mobile i can confirm if humans do it aliens will too

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Imagine though you could make so much money if you were double jointed, you'd just have to go around like 'for 800$ a month, I will Stop'

• Winner x 7
  4. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

I'm actually pretty intensely double jointed and I think you just discovered my lotto thank you

• Agree x 1
  5. anthers

anthers sleepy

I have Ehler's Danlos and i have used this as a method of getting out of uncomfy coversations. just stretch and subluxate my shoulder a little so that my shoulder is bent with my palm facing backwards and it does miracles for people suddenly remembering they had someplace to be.

• Winner x 6
  6. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Excellent you might as well start preparing your Technique now

• Agree x 3
    • Useful x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Im kind of odd in that regard i guess because whenever people can do weird joint shit i immediately want to ask them a million questions and get them to show me again. I was a very rude kid because of this -_-

• Informative x 1
  8. anthers

anthers sleepy

I have a video of my shoulder doing the thing if you wanna see it. I don't mind sharing.

• Winner x 2
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I would Love to see the thing! :0

• Agree x 3
  10. anthers

anthers sleepy

• Winner x 5
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Holy shit that looks Cool

12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

wait hold the fuck up that's a thing that people can't do????

• Agree x 2
  13. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I've been trying to do the thing for like 5 minutes and I cannot

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

holy shit

(to clarify, I know I'm hypermobile, it's just that I didn't realize that this in particular was also a hypermobile thing. can I get videos of people trying and NOT able to do this? you can pm it at me if this is cluttering the thread)

• Agree x 1
  15. versi2

versi2 ???????

wait, shit, I can do that shoulder thing too

is this why my joints pop so much

• Witnessed x 1
  16. kmoss

kmoss whoops

my confirmation for "am I hypermobile" is if you can put your hands in prayer position, but behind your back

• Informative x 3
  17. versi2

versi2 ???????

shit, I can do that!

• Agree x 2
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Wait, the prayer hands behind the back isn't normal? I thought it was just yoga.

• Agree x 1
  19. versi2

versi2 ???????

I asked my mom if she could do the prayer hands behind your back thing and she immediately said no and that she was not going to try.

I always figured I couldn't be double jointed cause I don't have any real hypermobility in my hands. Apparently I've got it everywhere else though?

• Agree x 1
  20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

yeah afaik the prayer hands behind back thing is just a yoga move lol, you probably need to be a bit more flexible than the average joe but its certainly no indication of hypermobility or doublejointedness

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice