Humans are the weirdest aliens?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Sethrial MacCoill, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Holy fuk

• Agree x 6
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

That was also the reaction when we saw the initial number. Coworker asked for a second vial to measure because /no way/ was that accurate

Except the second one came back the same.

3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Holy fuck.

My mom was ready to pass out and could barely walk when hers was at 6 or 7 something. H o w.

(My mom is doing better now!)

4. TheOwlet

Basically if the change happens slow enough, the body learns to cope. Dropping Form 12 to 3 from an injury would be entirely different, but if it happens slow, the body can compensate a lot if given enough time.

5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Oh yeah, I've seen them that low. The more interesting question is now, how did she get to that low a Hb level? That's where it gets really interesting :P

• Agree x 3
  6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Parent of mine had a similar thing - they accidentally developed anaemia to the point that, looking at the readings, they should have barely remained conscious.
    But it was slow creeping up on them, so they noticed when doing exercise that they felt out of breath faster, with a haemoglobin value in the single digits.

• Informative x 2
  7. TheOwlet

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  8. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I've apparently been at 7 for a While now, my doc told me "your iron is in the garbage"
    but she also told me that taking t might help with it so that's cool

• Witnessed x 3
  9. TheOwlet

Ok serious question has your doctor been investigating why the hell it's that low? Because medical!me is screaming inside rn.

• Agree x 3
  10. kmoss

kmoss whoops

oh! I've always had low iron (haven't been able to do a blood drive since high school) but this is the first doctor that's actually told me it's an issue, so, she's actually doing great in comparison

even amab individuals in my family are low iron, but now we're actually trying to fix it which is neat

11. TheOwlet

That's great for you doc! and somewhat soothing to know actually even if an Hb of 7 is still like 'CONCERN' to me, though if eveyone in your family has this issue that's making it a lowercase 'concern' now.

• Like x 1
  12. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Humans ability and obsession with classifying things is amazing. I’m in a grammar class right now, and we’re learning the different types of verbs. There are two types of verbs. There are also six types of verbs. There are also four types of verbs. Also another two types of verbs. And another four types.

There are something like between eight and fifteen ways to classify each verb, and that’s just in one language

• Winner x 6
  13. TheOwlet

Which language is it?

14. Sethrial MacCoill

English

• Informative x 3
  15. TheOwlet

.... I NEVER NOTICED IT DOES THAT`?

Though that frankly that explains so much on how English is A Fuck.

• Agree x 4
  16. Sethrial MacCoill

The vast, vast majority have no reason to learn the difference between intransitive, transitive, ditransitive, complex transitive, linking, and be verbs.

• Like x 4
  17. TheOwlet

Because it'S current events: explaining the olympics to aliens

'hey so we like to push the human body to the very limits of its capabilities for bragging rights. We als do it in winter because going 120km/h down an ice channel is a skill!'

• Agree x 3
  18. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Bonus: explaining the point of curling

• Agree x 5
  19. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

The point of curling is brushabrushabrushabrush HURRY HARD

• Winner x 7
    • Informative x 3
  20. kmoss

kmoss whoops

SWEEP

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice