(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Vivec is the most inspiring, from netchherder’s hermaphroditic son to prostitute to revolutionary leader to literal god. A true cinderella story.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

He even stuck poetry in there!

3. Aondeug

Ok it took fucking ages and lots of fiddling but I've gotten Arena running with a framerate and controls that don't make me and my laptop wish for the sweet release of death. I also managed to get out of the first dungeon. Which was kind of absurdly hard. I had some gold and greaves my lame mage ass can't wear to show for it. Fiethsing found an inn to stay at for the night because apparently you get assaulted by fucking goblins in town at night. Literally everyone there called her a whore or just generally insinuated that Khajiit are awful, stupid, smelly creatures that fuck too much.

ah

yes

ever present racism

it feels like tes

• Agree x 2
  4. Aondeug

I now have some quest to pickup a thing by Turdas the 3rd of Hearthfire or some shit from what I assume is an inn given the naming schemes of the other inns in the town. Of which there are like 500 because this town alone is the size of Morrowind's entire map. I have no idea where to find it but I figured out how to make notes on the map so that might help. I bought a levitate spell because Fieth must levitate. It is her way. Now I must return to drunkenly wandering about while I look for some inn as people tell me I'm a fucking whore that needs to leave.

5. Gyro Zeppeli

Oof, Mages are rough in Arena from what I recall, good on you for getting out of the prison

6. Aondeug

's what I've heard. Apparently magic gets stupid broken later on, but the early game is a pain in the fucking ass for them.

And yeah. I've heard that...a lot of people just don't even make it out of the first dungeon. Which having played through it I'm not surprised. Even knowing that I had to do I still died a lot and rat's giving you disease that early on is bullshit.

7. Aondeug

So Fieth's adventures in Arena have thus far involved getting hopelessly lost in Chasegrove. I managed to find an inn I was looking for though and complete a quest. I then tried to find some tool store for another and gave up in frustration only to learn that what I thought was the exit to Chasegrove was actually just the exit to this particular part of Chasegrove. I have looked for the exit and not found it. Instead I found farms and murder dungeons. I looted the one murder dungeon enough to work up a store of 1200 gold, most of which I spent on spells and potions since shit was half off for the holidays at the Mage's Guild. I have to go and raid the murder dungeon again and greatly fear it because Fieth dies in like one or two hits to anything that isn't a rat or goblin. Fieth's life is one of monotony and attempting to simply survive in this terrifying fantasy world where strange hobos will shank you at night and rob your corpse.

8. Aondeug

I will say I haven't been this fucking terrified of a dungeon in years though. God damn Bethesda.

9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
    • Useful x 2
  10. Aondeug

my life

• Agree x 1
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

What's funny is some of the guards will havoc buckets off their heads.

Only guards that I've seen though.

I like to raid the jewelry stall in Whiterun, and there's always that ONE fucking guard who never leaves. So I use the bucket/cauldron trick... and it vibrates like crazy until it FLIES off his head. Fucking hilarious. (And it does take a minute so I can still raid the stall if I'm fast.)

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. Aondeug

Got Daggerfall running too because fuck it let's just do all the Elder Scrolls games at fucking once. Got out of the first dungeon after creating my own private hell class for Fiethsing because fuck you give me an option to customize my fucking disadvantages and advantages even wtf Bethesda. There was an absurd level of customization involved in this. God damn. Like an idiot I made it so that my starting equipment was a staff she couldn't use at all so the dungeon was mostly my resting to recover magicka to zap everything including rats until I could find a knife. Which took fucking forever. None of the thieves had them! Wtf. I had to pull it off a barbarian's corpse. I'm also shocked at the fucking history I had. Like wow. Lots of text. Jesus. So much text.

but not morrowind levels of it

fucking morrowind goes apeshit bananas with text

In terms of Arena I've not made it out of Chasegrove yet. Instead I've wandered around and found more featureless dungeons that I die immediately in. I've managed to get more gold though so that's a plus for me.

• Like x 1
  13. Aondeug

ALSO JESUS SHIT THE SKELETONS ARE LOUD WTF.

14. Gyro Zeppeli

UUUURRRRRRAAAAAAAAH
    (the ending cinematic has the best skeleton)

15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I started Another skyrim run
    I remain immensely entertained by Avenicci saying he doesn't think an Argonian looks like a dragonborn

>covered in scales
    >throws fire everywhere
    >occasionally flies screaming off mountains and somehow survives

looks like a dragon to me bruh

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

In Yet Another Ridiculous Skyrim Glitch, apparently if you come at Nilheim (a tower/ruin bandit hideout across the lake from Ivarstead) from literally any direction except the scripted "oh no, help a Poor Defenseless Bandit Merchant" trap path, all the bandits inside will instead be named Guard and say town guard lines instead of attacking. #0kay bruh.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Informative x 2
  17. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i downloaded an improved hunting-drops mod and i have a problem i never imagined before

too much bear meat.

i need to remember to start selling it lol, i hate wasting it. i feel like im pissing off Kyne by wasting meat, even though i nearly always leave goats because i can only look at leg of goat roast so many times before i get bored. to be fair to myself, i hardly ever kill goats or rabbits because their cooking recipes are so limited. i mostly scavenge the kills of wolves because it's free skins/horns. its too bad the cooking mod i have doesnt do much with them, or horse meat. it added some chicken recipes, at least.

18. bornofthesea670

Legendary Dragon resists Soul Trap

*laughs in dragonborn*

I just got around to modding skyrim on my new laptop, sorry in advance for spam

• Winner x 3
  19. bornofthesea670

I've been posting a lot of b.s. in my Make It So thread if any of you are interested in me simping over my wife, complaining about mods, and screenshots

• Winner x 1
  20. bornofthesea670

i've never noticed the improvements to the Flagon/Guild while doing the main TG quests, so i assumed they were just really subtle. but then i learned that you need to unlock them by doing side quests....that delvin and vex give you...that i always ignored before

im a horrible thief, but worse, im a horrible friend.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice