(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Tbf it’s grindy as hell and not everyone’s play style is gonna go well with it. I’m the kind of player that leaves all the quest markers on for every single thing that I have not actively decided to avoid with my whole being. (Screw you, Daedric princes, I’m a wood elf. I don’t need more cannibalism in my life. I brought my own. (Completely carnivorous elves who honor the forest by not eating plants is the coolest lore for wood elves ever. Seems hilariously obvious in retrospect, like so many great ideas do.)) I just pick up quests when in Riften, then whenever I happen to be in a target city I’ll see the markers and get them done. It takes a very long time, but it’s a very long game so it gradually comes together. The merchants are a really nice touch.

Delvin’s voice is so good though? They both are. They all are! They inspire emotional investment in these characters. I just can’t get over how much I love that Delvin sounds like someone whose nose has been broken and didn’t heal quite right because noses are a bitch like that. That’s either some very cool voice work or truly inspired casting. Either way, the Thieves Guild has so much character. I’m extremely protective of these people. They are my people, and if you fuck with them I will bite you something memorable. Don’t test me, I’m a wood elf.

• Agree x 1
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I'm pissed off that they gave Gallus such a generic voice. You hear so much about this guy, everyone speaks well of him, Karliah is still head over heels, and then you meet him and it's like

Ruins the reunion lol

Poor Gallus.

• Agree x 1
  3. bornofthesea670

Alright, i downloaded Legacy of the Dragonborn and that giant immersive jewelry mod (SHINY) and hopefully everything that needed to be patched with that all-in-one patch thing worked.

i am afraid

i took out the upgraded honorhall mod because it was giving me some trouble and i am planning on adopting all the street kids on this playthrough anyway

sometimes i adopt Runa and leave out Lucia, and then i like to adopt the two girls from Rorikstead, but only Sissel ended up at the orphanage (i checked twice a day or so apart) and i cant get the adoption dialogue to show up for Lucia once i sent her to the orphanage. so even if i cant adopt Britte i cant fill up the sixth spot with Lucia either

and i dont like the three boys im sorry. theyre kinda boring. and i cant even adopt Aventus to make sure he doesnt grow up to be an assassin. You cannot join the brotherhood unless you can find a group still around somewhere else, kiddo, because i killed most of the ones in Skyrim and Cicero and Babette are who knows where

im too lazy to get a mod where i can finish them off, and unless i can adopt babette, which considering how hard these stupid adoption mods are to get working, i probably wouldnt do anyway....anyway mods are annoying and the Brotherhood is dumb.

also my brother showed me how to use vortex to run mods i have to download manually, which opens up my options.

not that i should add even more mods

but i know i will

im very tired

• Winner x 2
  4. bornofthesea670

Downloaded dirt and blood and also inn soaps

Cause if im going to be civilized enough to have tea and chocolate in skyrim, I may as well add soap

• Winner x 2
  5. bornofthesea670

I enjoy the books added by Legacy more than i thought i would. They add a lot of flavor and immersion.

Made the mistake of reading the vanilla book Scabbard of Akrash again though. Always fucks me up.

• Winner x 3
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Man, the books. Way back in the day, the thing that catapulted Morrowind into the stratosphere, exemplifying everything I’d ever wanted from an immersive gaming experience, was when I closed a book (it might have been The Locked Room?) and suddenly remembered I was playing a game. Being able to have a library of books that included complete stand alone stories that were so much like the kinds of folk and fairytales I devoured as a kid and weren’t in any way necessary to the lore or plot completely astounded me. Someone was paying somebody to write folktales. For a video game!! What the absolute hell, please give me more.

• Agree x 2
  7. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

yeeeeesss the books!
    and how the myth stuff, especially the sermons of Vivec, were weird and not exactly nonsense but the sort of skew-sense that made them feel really plausible

• Agree x 2
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

i still love that morrowind made its joining the temple quest you go on a fucking pilgrimage and doing like what practitioners of that faith are supposed to do. and like nothing particularly exciting happens during it. i guess you can deal with the horny guars or whatever the shit it was but like. beyond a few small little other quests you could pick up along the way you are just. going on a pilgrimage. it's kind boring, honestly.

but like it reminds me of what doing that sort of religious activity is like? like it's one of the few cases in a game where i did feel like i was roleplaying a religion, as a religious person. like that's what we fucking do. it's kind of mundane as hell. and there's a kind of comfort in that mundanity.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

Morrowind did a fantastic job with that kind of immersion in general, I think. I always enjoyed how you had to pick a House and work your way up in it, and your choices locked you out of other avenues--no 100% completion, but a process that made perfect sense for the setting and story.

• Agree x 1
  10. bornofthesea670

Lucia brought home a fox <3

Only other time a kid brought anything home i think it was a mudcrab or skeever. Skeevers I've become more agreeable to, but don't bring arthropods into my home.

• Winner x 2
  11. bornofthesea670

There's a new mod called Stendar Rising where you can rebuild the Hall of the Vigilants and recruit new vigilants, 2 huskies, and you can even buy a special horse. Ok its a normal horse probably but it's called Mercy and that's adorable.

I hope it works

Edit: spellcheck don't like huskies

• Informative x 2
  12. bornofthesea670

Mercy is pure white and has a fan made vigilant sigil on its saddle blanket, which is nice, but they have goat eyes

Headcanon: Mercy is a daedra

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. bornofthesea670

I wanted to take pictures of the inside of the new hall but im bad at taking interior shots of smaller rooms. It is very cozy, uses some hearthfire type building mechanics, and you build the defenses up nicely. I didn't get a look at the Hall before the attack but i think they added a few towers and may have changed the exterior a bit?

Don't want to tell you all the best additions because it's fun to be surprised, but there is a tiny chicken coop in the back of the greenhouse/ storage shed

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

Read the series 2920 (or whatever its called, the one that goes by months and is about the last year of the first era)

It was sad and I'm upset now. I was sitting on a nice little bench in riften, reading a new series, and it had the audacity to be sad!

Granted, I should expect that from Tamrielic history and political intrigue.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. bornofthesea670

I've always had a crush on Rigel Strong-Arm (bandit leader of pinewatch) so I used cheats to resurrect her and add her to the harem along with Susanna the wicked (I have a mod that allows you to solve blood on the ice without her dying) Ahlam, and Nivenor among others.

I have a thing for spoiled brats, and they don't like their husbands anyway

• Like x 1
  16. bornofthesea670

In my Ingun playthrough Alva ran away from me and stopped attacking once the other vampires were dead, so I made her a follower too.

• Like x 1
  17. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

necroing this thread because i recently bought anniversary edition because it was on sale and am refusing to take it particularly seriously because i have legendary edition and ps4 special edition to take more seriously
    therefore, this screenshot
    20220823173938_1.jpg
    the guard is asking about the corpse of another guard, killed in the forsworn escape from cidhna mine...

i say i'm not taking it seriously i still haven't modded in anything violently lore unfriendly (except the unicorns) (leave the unicorns out of this)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice