(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I love how the Mages' College questline is eight thousand times easier if you're not a mage
    My squishy illusionist is having a hell of a time but god did I love coming through Labyrinthian with a battleaxe in my Do All The Things playthrough

• Like x 3
  2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

so fun story
    the first time I showed up in Markarth I totally missed the assassination happening
    I went to meet the guy who had shit to tell me
    but I had no idea what was going on at first
    and then someone mentioned an assassination in the marketplace and I was like "???? what"

• Like x 5
  3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i always steal her stuff and then drag her respectfully into a corner because no one else fucking does it

• Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

"I have to get to Maar Gan OH HEY A PILGRIM SURE I WILL HELP YOU GET TO KOAL CAVE."

-realizes like ten minutes later that he was literally right next to maar gan and that he could have got this asshole after visiting maar gan-

• Like x 2
  5. Loq

My brother's game glitched and now he's got two Dawnbreakers somehow. We've taken it as a sign he needs to start dual-wielding :P

6. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

That's funny, I've been having the double weapon glitch too. Namely I now have two Halldir's Staff :P

7. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i've been playing lots of ESO lately and remembering how much I just love the weird lore bits in all the ES games. the legends that disagree with each other and have different interpretations of things and all the different versions of the gods. the sermons of vivec. all that stuff is so great.

"Merrunz, you shall be the ja-Khajiit, for what is as destructive as a kitten?"

• Like x 4
  8. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

Morrowind is one of my favourite games for worldbuilding and atmosphere, but the gameplay is... lacking. I don't know if I've ever beaten it without console cheats or abusing alchemy mechanics, because raising your stats manually to the point where the game starts getting fun is too tedious.

The quest design is better than in Skyrim, though. Why does moving up the ranks in the Thieves Guild or the College of Winterhold involve so much dungeon crawling? All I wanted to do was study esoterica and sabotage my competitors.

9. Aondeug

I didn't mind it involving dungeon crawling in the Winterhold quests if only because I've always really wanted to play at being fantasy Indian Jones. Some of my favorite books in game are the ones pertaining to people studying ruins and shit. And I was really happy to get a chance to do that as like some sort of fucking intern. I wish there were a bit more to the quest though. Both in terms of the digging around the initial dungeon and in the actual school experience.

So basically the concept of at least the first bit of is good. I just wish it had been pulled off better and that there was more of a focus on "You're basically a magical anthropologist".

• Like x 3
  10. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Since I finally got all the DA:I achievements, I finally started playing Skyrim Remastered that I got for heckin Christmas :B

So to steal someone more clever than me's words, call me Lot's wife because I am turned into a pillar of salt- I 100%ed the Skyrim achievements back on my 360 and NOW I HAVE TO GET THEM ALL AGAIN???? dangit I want to play with MODS but you can't and get achievements as well and I have a psychological issue with that >:V

it wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't that for some of the achievements you need to do Shitty In World Things (im fuckin looking at you, Oblivion Walker and the Thieves' Guild/DB questlines) and I am an enormous weenie that hates hurting innocent fictional folks, send help ;3;

surely there's some way that your Bethesda account could figure this shit out >:C

oh well, I'll post some screenshots of my Imperial dude (painstakingly recreated from my 360 incarnation of him as best I could, I am v. fond of him) sometime. He's gonna end up in Nordic Carved armor when I can get some enemies to FREAKING DROP IT (I'm of a level where it's possible), hell I found a set of EBONY armor and no Nordic Carved at all, what is this nonsense >:V

...oddly enough my dude looks INCREDIBLY GOOD in the Cultist outfit (sans mask) from Dragonborn, so I'm always carrying a set around in case I don't want him lookin dumb in his patchwork heavy armor.

in conclusion: GO AWAY BRYNJOLF I'M SPENDING HALF MY TIME IN RIFTEN RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR ZEROING-IN CONDESCENDING 'I BET YOU'VE NEVER DONE AN HONEST DAY'S WORK' ASS

ill have to do your stupid questline eventually but until then GO AWAY with your asshole proposition that I frame the nice dunmer dude for theft, just sit and sell your snake oil instead of spotting me halfway across the market, I just wanna turn in my quests

/problematic

• Like x 3
  11. bornofthesea670

....i wonder if you can kill him or if he's protected. i wouldn't mind being run out of riften if he could stop being an annoying ass

you see this armor? you see this big ole sword?

they aint for show

STOP BUGGING ME

12. Aondeug

He's essential.

13. bornofthesea670

figgered

least he isn't TOO hard to ignore

and who even goes to riften...? if theres any reason to be around that often other than the Guild, I'm not aware of it

14. Loq

Riften has many leezard friends for my leezard alchemist :P And also spawns for the alchemy fish in the lake sometimes.

• Like x 1
  15. bornofthesea670

ah, right. i mean i like the surroundings too, some cute lil towns in the southeast and i like swimming in the lake.

16. Aondeug

The main quest takes you there to get someone.

• Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

also: mara's temple! home to a quest chain for the goddess and also the place to unlock marriage and get married

• Like x 1
  18. bornofthesea670

i just have very anti-rifted feelings cause they are so pro-stormcloak in the beginning and so many folks are just so _rude_ in the beginning and haelga and her whiny niece can fuck off i care about neither of them

the only people in that town i care about are the argonian innkeeper and her boyfriend(?)

• Like x 2
  19. Loq

Boyfriend/fiance/husband, if you do a quest for him he proposes to her c: But yes, them and Jewelry Lizard Bro in the marketplace are A+. And also the poor guy who Brynjolf has you frame for that matter, he was raised by argonians :P

20. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

He always says that when you have at least five hundred septims, and Brynjolf, five hundred gold is not a lot of money in this game. You're a thief, you should know that.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice