(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I'm avoiding the Guild out of spite on my argonian character now :P She's earned every single coin of her dragon-worthy 25000 by perfectly respectable alchemy sales and College-sponsored "archeology"!

• Like x 4
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

is that we're calling grave-robbing now

• Like x 3
  3. Loq

Shhhh
    it'd be grave-eating too if the Namira quest didn't require killing that poor nice priest of Arkay

• Like x 2
  4. Aondeug

sometimes i feel bad when looting shit because i know it is the stuff that dead people were given

• Like x 1
  5. Loq

I am a filthy RPer so I have, in fact, put a "no looting graves" restriction on some of my characters. As far as the lizard is concerned, though, once the body's dead there's no point respecting it, the actual person is gone. Her shinies and food now :P

• Like x 1
  6. Aondeug

wtf is my faithful dunmer's excuse

"nords suck and they should have fucking known better than to treat their dead this way"?

I didn't loot anything from graves at times in Morrowind because I felt too icky. Jame is a thief but these are the dead, god dammit. Now that asshole who is treating the poor like shit? Fuck 'im.

• Like x 2
  7. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

yo I got sucked into lizard killing 101 like two months ago now and fml

also, does anyone know of a mod that *just* uncaps follower lvls? bc every damn one I've found also has some bs about "feminine stances" or "gender appropriate animations" and now I want to wreck shit

• Like x 1
  8. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Try Amazing Follower Tweaks? It has options for posing your followers but is mainly a kit for managing them, and I believe it lets them level up past their level caps.

• Like x 1
  9. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

No matter how hard I try to be a faithful RPer, the thing about Morrowind when I play it is.... I NEED to steal everything. EVERYTHING. Most particularly, keys. But grave robbing? I LOVE it. Know why? There are so many unique items in tombs. I love decorating the tables and shelves of wherever I call home. I always have somewhere that I dub "The Shrine to Lost Causes." That is where I put stuff like Pop Je's skull, the note from the abandoned shack, named ashes, vampire dust, hearts of... things... and FANCY DISHWEAR~~~~!

I know I have pictures of my interior decorating forays but it'd take me a while to dig them out of Twitter or wherever I shoved them. :p

• Like x 2
  10. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

FINALLY done doing the achievements that wouldn't be IC for my character >:U I feel unclean now (thanks Thieves' Guild/Dark Brotherhood), time to burn the save and salt the remains.

One amusing thing did come out of the 'noncanon' play though, gonna throw my Discord postings about it under a cut

So I left Serana in Castle Volkihar before the Soul Cairn portal, since I wanted another follower for something before I locked myself into the Soul Cairn stuff, and Serana refuses to leave your party if you start that quest, so it was my only option. So, left her there waiting for me to say I'm ready to use the portal.

Now, in-game months later, I'm riding along towards Dawnstar for another quest and see some local bandits fighting someone else. Draw closer to investigate, expecting it to be a random hostile spellcaster, but no. that someone else? SERANA.

And as soon as the bandits were dead, she goes back to the 'are u ready to use the weird portal' dialogue as if she WERENT half of Skyrim away from where the portal actually is.

and now she's walking east, even further away (not that you could walk to Castle Volkihar anyways)

I wonder if she'd even be there if I went back to the castle, the quest marker's on her current location

(answer: no she would not, the study's empty o_o though now it looks like she's moving back in that direction)

(...yeah she walked the entire way back into the undercroft before getting stopped by a door???? I guess the cell reset, most of the enemies respawned (though, weirdly, not the gargoyles- I'd get the 'exploding stone' effect when they burst out to attack, but none would actually spawn))

(how the heck did she get from the mainland to Volkihar, did she swim? I wouldn't think a follower could 'use' the boat at Icewater Jetty on their own, but maybe not)

...I guess she got bored in the castle and hecked off for solo adventures since I'd abandoned her in favor of achievement hunting, which would be fair >_>; or got hungry? You wouldn't think she'd need to cross Skyrim to find a neck snack though, geez

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Like x 4
  11. thegrimsqueaker

yo, can anyone think of reasons Eola would give for why she wasn't interested in the dragonborn? I'm doing a kmeme fill for a bunch of characters that can't be romanced and why and I'm getting hung up on her bc I can't decide whether she's possibly ace or just not interested or if she would be interested except the dragonborn isn't repulsive enough to the rest of society

12. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

all her love is for Namira >:U like a nun or a priest, only yknow. less transubstantiation when she holds Communion, more actually murdering a dude and eating him with your friends.

• Like x 1
  13. thegrimsqueaker

she'd likely argue that that's a type of transubstantiation

• Like x 1
  14. Loq

[necromances thread]

new and exciting glitch: when entering the final room of Ustengrav to get the horn (ain't no play like your twentieth replay), those four statue bird things that are supposed to rise up out of the water
    1) were already out of the water, and
    2) instead of rising further, descending and rising again, or just staying put, for some reason decided to drift ominously towards me until they passed me and vanished, leaving me with a statueless room.

Thanks, Bethesda.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
  15. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

you are the chosen one

• Agree x 3
  16. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

I learns how to mod Skyrim!

Following the quest tutorial now, but the instructions are boring, so I made them better.

Instead of a male dark elf in farmer clothes who wants to pay you double what his amulet’s worth if you bring it back to him, my questgiver is a lady werewolf named Candice Lupulis, and she’s going to pay you back for returning her item by giving you 50 raw goat legs.

I’m gonna try and turn her into a follower, too.

(I’m PRETTY sure I fixed the glitch where I accidentally made it so every NPC in the game has a dialog option that causes them to make werewolf noises at you.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. vegacoyote

I have a quest!

It has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

It does not have as many middle parts as I would like, because those are the scripts I tried to write myself.

Good news: I got a script to compile!

Bad news: If it actually does anything, I don’t know what it is.

On the event that this quest ever progresses to stage 35, I shall have to make a note of what happened just before.

Fortunately stage 35 is not a prerequisite for completing the quest as a whole. It’s just me trying to make the game react if you drop the quest item. It’s not working though.

(I made stage 30 prompt the player to drop the item by telling them not to drop the item. The tutorial suggests you make it impossible for the player to drop the item by making it a quest item. I was all, you don’t tell me what to do. Unfortunately, I don’t tell Papyrus what to do, either.)

... I wouldn’t mind the questgiver speaking in such a nasally deadpan if it wasn’t MY nasally deadpan. Sad thing is, I suspect it wouldn’t sound quite as bad if I didn’t spend the recording time wincing in anticipation of how bad it’s gonna sound.

... Found the ticky-box to force subtitles. Next I need a way to chain werewolf noises long enough to read them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  18. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i miss skyrim but i don't know if the super cheap computer i could afford sometime could run it

-long suffering sigh at her Macbook-

apple why u hate games

• Witnessed x 1
  19. vegacoyote

(Oh, but I DID find out on my very own how to make Candice pay in goat legs instead of gold! Triumph!)

• Winner x 2
  20. vegacoyote

Figured out how to get the game to respond to the player dropping the item! Yay!

... Can't figure out how to make it notice you've picked it up again. Boo.

Here's the sequence I'd like to get:

(concealed, upon declining the quest) You've decided not to play fetch today.
    Log (also concealed): I'm not playing fetch with Candice.
    Quest Started: Give the Dog a Bone
    Fetch Candice Lupulis's Item.
    (Optional) Make the Item-Thief Dead.
    Log: I met a doggy. She lost her item. If I bring it back, she has promised to reward me with a reward.
    Now bring it back. Bring the item back to Candice.
    Log: I've got the item.
    Bri- I SAID BRING IT BACK!
    Log: I've got it. The item. There it is. Item item item.
    NO, DON'T DROP IT IN THERE! DO- damn it.
    Log: I've go- OOH! A POND!
    Well? I'm not going in there. You get it back.
    Log: I dropped Candice's item someplace weird.
    Okay. Now bring the item back to Candice.
    Log: I got Candice's item back, but I'm getting kinda bored.
    GODDAMN IT.
    Log: I got bored and dropped Candice's item again. (if item picked up again, return to "Okay. Now bring the item back to Candice.")
    These are kind of heavy.
    Log: I have successfully fetched Candice's item and brought it back to her. She has rewarded me with a reward.
    (concealed)Upon asking Candice to take some of the reward back:
    Log: I have successfully fetched Candice's item and brought it back to her. She has rewarded me with a reward. She has refused to take it back.
    Quest Completed: Give the Dog a Bone.
    Log: I have successfully fetched Candice's item and brought it back to her. She has rewarded me with a reward. She has refused to take it back. We're besties now.

I've got it to go as far as "Well? I'm not going in there," mostly because "Now bring it back," "I SAID BRING IT BACK," and "DON'T DROP IT IN THERE" all drop at the same stage.

Currently, I'm just trying to make it cycle back to the first "Fetch Candice's Item" if you drop it, and "Now bring it back" when you pick it up again. Suspect the problem is the script they give relies on "oldContainer, newContainer," and it doesn't recognize physical worldspace as a container.

... Should this maybe go in Make It So? I'mma go poke around in there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice