(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

(I don’t know if you can tell, but I started making this right after getting back from the dog park.)

Strongly suspect that this is more fun to make than it would be to play.

Is just practice though. The other day I found a dark elf necromancer webbed to a wall and it’s hinted the Thalmor kidnapped her daughter, but that goes nowhere cause her questline ends once you get her out of the cave. I was like, fuck that.

I’d already killed, then rezzed and console-hacked the entire rest of her old coven so they were my friends, cause that’s, what, 10-15 highly-skilled spellswords who never did anything to ME, what a waste to kill them, right? And I just got this mod that lets you make anyone a follower, and a house in Riften that I never use because fuck Riften (my character’s opinion, not mine) (we agree on Markarth, though. Fuck Markarth.)

So I’m like, ok, first thing’s I’m gonna get you a hot drink and a blankie, then we’re going to Riften where your daughter was supposed to be last, then I’m going to fire up the creation kit and figure out how to get you some sleep in a warm bed, and also how to make your daughter so we can go find her.

Oh, also so I can figure out how to keep that dungeon from respawning so another you doesn’t end up webbed to that wall again in another in-game month.

... I’m basically learning Papyrus so I can write fanfic you guys.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i think we are kindred spirits. godspeed to you and your new dark elf best friend

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. vegacoyote

... !!!?!

Werewolves don’t have a sleep animation!??

*downloads blender*

*fires up some tutorials*

brb fixing some shit

• Winner x 2
  4. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

don't they have troubled sleep or something? poor puppers don't sleep much and they probably kick a lot

• Agree x 1
  5. vegacoyote

Cursory googling suggests that according to Lore, werewolves don’t sleep at all, at least while being werewolves.

The tutorial I’m following is still assuming I was a good student and created a dark elf farmer named Bendu Olo, though, and is explaining to me how to add eat, sleep and wander tasks to his daily schedule.

I continue to make things way more complicated than they need to be; Candice, I have decided, is freakish in many ways, and this is one of them.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. vegacoyote

... Wow! No one in this amateur modding community for a six-year-old game knows what they’re about well enough to give a succinct, coherent explanation of how to import/export an animation file between creation kit and Blender!

I mean, who’d have thought, right?

• Witnessed x 1
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hi i've never played an elder scrolls game but i just nearly pissed myself laughing at this video

• Winner x 4
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

that's just how it be sometimes

oftentimes

all the time

god damn and morrowind was the only halfway stable one for me

9. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

I've somehow never managed to get oblivion to crash on me either, but Skyrim seems to do it about every 10 minutes on my rig.

10. Aondeug

wtf how

oblivion is the one that hates me the most

bitch is always crashing or doing weird sound shit or just generally being a difficult bitch

11. Gyro Zeppeli

No idea, it could be that one of my mods patched whatever makes it crash?

I remember it was pretty easy to fix the same thing with Fallout 3, some sort of problem with trying to load new cells.

12. Aondeug

Maybe. God these games are a fucking mystery. Like the day I spent trying to figure out the exact flag I needed to trigger to get the fucking Redoran Hortator quest to complete.

this was a hellish day

Or the day when I fucked up some quest and had no idea why until reading up on a wiki that talking to a specific NPC before a certain point in the quest breaks it entirely.

13. Gyro Zeppeli

That said, I also have like triple digits hours more gameplay in morrowind than in the other two, so it could be that I just don't play enough to make them crash.

14. Aondeug

pfff

skyrim is still the one i've played the longest total time wise but that's because i haven't played through morrowind as much as i'd like

i should start it up again really but i am futzing about in oblivion right now

15. Gyro Zeppeli

Oblivion is probably my second favorite, followed by battlespire, redguard, and skyrim in that order.

16. Aondeug

I ain't really played the first two games or the ...uhhhhh...gaiden games? What would we even consider things like Redguard. Sometimes I feel like I need to get around to that. Especially Redguard because I mean...

My favorite things in the franchise go: Dunmer, Khajiit, Dwemer, Redguard.

17. Gyro Zeppeli

I strong recommend against Arena or Daggerfall if you're not prepared for frustrating 90's era game mechanics

I'm pretty similar, for me it's probably like, Dunmer, Dwemer, Redguard, Altmer

18. Aondeug

Oh I know. I can't possibly be prepared but I mean.

sometimes i just want to experience the sheer terror of apparently there's a fucking tax mechanic

The Altmer are fun too though I like the Bosmer just a bit more than thems. Argonians are also super good. Really a lot of the lore around the races is super good but I mean Khajiit yo. They call Mehrunes Kitten because he's a destructive brat.

19. Gyro Zeppeli

I like how the Khajiit established moon colonies by forming a human pyramid and send their potential leaders there as part of their right of passage

• Agree x 2
  20. Aondeug

it's just the only thing to do ok

though my favorite khajiit fact is the the alfiq exist

i like to imagine that there are khajiit that go around disguised as seemingly just typical house cats and steal valuables from fools

like you thought that fluffy wumpims was just a dickhead of a cat but no he's actually a khajiit and khajiit is here to lift you of your unneeded wares, yes?

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice