i can't remember for shit and it's. kind of scaring me

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Oct 19, 2015.

1. i mean, i've never been an awesome student, i have a shitton of brainweird and haven't hit on any meds that really work for more than three months at a stretch and my plan is basically useless, so i can see why she'd think that way, but the only shit i normally get poor marks on is homework because i didn't have the energy to do anything even back when i could actually understand stuff, i always got good grades on tests and essays, i'm good at those, i was good at those and now i'm not and she just thinks it's senioritis but christ i would not be fucking my gpa up this bad if i could help it

• Like x 3
  2. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

That's a sympathy like

• Like x 1
  3. Petra

Petra space case

Can you show her all the notes you wrote?

• Like x 1
  4. @Petra i did. i turned them all in w/ the essay. no dice 8/

5. Petra

Petra space case

What the fuck? Who would go to so much effort to be lazy? Do you think she's-

...do you think she's using that as an excuse because you're out? I hate to suggest it, but...

6. @Petra naw, she likes to (try) to trot me out like a prize pig to show how accepting she is of The Gays, as the head of the english dept is the gsa's club advisor. i mean i guess it's possible? but she doesn't seem the type

i'm fairly certain that this is just a mix of her 'brain problems aren't a thing' philosophy and anger over that one time she tried to correct me while i was giving a presentation and was hilariously wrong and then got re-corrected by me because i get twitchy when people are Wrong

still frustrating as hell, tho

• Like x 2
  7. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I always want to fight your teacher with a leg of ham.

• Like x 6
  8. a tiny mushroom

I meant to say "also", not always >.>; I have a cold + my ability to process anything is zero rn please forgive me.

• Like x 2
  9. oph

• Like x 5
  10. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I too would like to fight tA's teacher. >:(

• Like x 3
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

tA's teacher shouldmeet me in the fucking pit. Seriously. She thinks she knows more than the people who have a fucking degree in psych medicine.
    -incoherent rage noises-

-also hugs for tA if wanted bc srsly-

• Like x 4
  12. i wanna fight her too tbh

• Like x 1
  13. oph

Which kintsugijin should you fight: Not us, because we're all busy fighting @taxonomicAtrocity's teacher

• Like x 10
  14. fun things today! forgot how to get to my class again, was kinda sorta honest w/ a friend abt what's going down w/ me, some generic bullying stuff that isn't relevant to the topic at hand, learned that i can't actually do mental math all that well anymore once i hit numbers above ten. awesome.

15. a tiny mushroom

*hugs* I hope the docs can find out what's going on with you soon =( Also seriously, I'm studying to be a teacher and that's not??? How you do anything???

• Like x 1
  16. things i am afraid of: forgetting where i am while at the hospital

17. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

The staff should know up front you have this issue. Like, when you first walk in at the front desk tell whoever is there "i have severe shortterm memory problems and will need someone to stay with meand explain whats going on and where i am if i forget." They probably will have someone there anyway, but that person should know whats going on do they can help you.

• Like x 4
  18. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

Hey tA, how's it going? Any news from the front? I'm thinking of ya, dude.

• Like x 5
  19. @Rongeur
    i've been mad low on wordsing spoons lately, sorry. irl's gotten kinda nuts 8(
    mri came back normal so no callback appointment, psychologist thing got delayed because i went to the psych ward and it had to be rescheduled, memory's...not gotten any worse, i don't think. i'm not tracking it anymore. mostly just writing things on everything and aggressively looking 4 workarounds 4 the memory shit. i think maybe the shaking's anxiety based/activated? because i've been noticing it act up when i'm super stressed/in certain specific sitches but mostly not being more than a slight tremor otherwise? mostly. my head still hurts, i still get mad dizzy, etc etc etc, but i haven't dropped dead yet so like. maybe this is just going to be a shitty thing that i gotta deal with? idk. dunno if there's really anywhere 2 go from here other than 'shit sucks, live with it'
    maybe it's just mental illness exacerbating what would normally be a smaller issue?

20. Pascaline

Pascaline Member

@taxonomicAtrocity how is your sleeping schedule now as well as prior to memory loss?

Also did you ever get a spinal tap done along with the MRI?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice