i don't feel like finding my threads

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Aondeug, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

and i gained weight and i fucking hate myself

and i'm paranoid about it getting worse

2. Aondeug

i also want to guilt people into paying attention to me

which makes me feel even worse

3. Aondeug

4. Aondeug

does anyone even fucking read these

5. Aondeug

regardless of whether or not you are i probably thinking you're scheming against me or laughing at me

i remain unsure about the paranoia level right now but we'll just assume that i think you are and also that i hate you because you are scheming

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yes but it's like 7am and people are probably either asleep, waking up, or heading to work/school, also i at least have no idea what to say apart from it is either very late or very early in lots of timezones where people live
    for example it is 1am here and i should sleep

7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Not sure if helpful but a partial confirmation: I am scheming, but my schemes are unrelated to this thread's contents.

8. Aondeug

That doesn't really fucking help no and in fact just makes it even worse.

9. Aondeug

regarding the time thing

scheming is ok ironically

i mean at least you are scheming

10. Aondeug

i hate myself

11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

yes, though often it's hard to know what to say.
    i'm sorry you feel bad. if possible, try to do something nice for yourself today - even, and especially, if you think you don't deserve it.

• Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

that is nice to hear

And I get it being hard to know what to say, yeah.

bluh.

i am not even sure what doing a nice thing for me would even be

• Like x 2
  13. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

some thoughts:
    have a glass of water or a favorite drink (non-alcoholic, and if possible not heavily caffeinated either)
    touch something soft/pleasant
    eat something nice
    watch a soothing video or look at cute animal pics (I have this good animal tag on my tumblr, though it does contain the occasional insect if you're not into that)

when I don't know what to do to make myself feel better, I use this resource a lot

14. Aondeug

I have tea. I guess that counts. Have agdq on still because they are soothing to look at. The runs.

I don't want to eat though no. The thought of is making me cry actually. And nervous. Food would be a very bad idea outside of making sure I don't get dizzy from low bloodsugar.

• Like x 1
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

why don't you want to eat?

16. Aondeug

like not recently but a few years back and it distresses me heavily

I'd rather not have a fucking panic attack right now.

17. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Sensory niceness? Touch something soft or with a nice texture, maybe try some ASMR IRL (I like wearing headphones or ear defenders and then tapping them with my fingernails), stare at a calming gif or other repetitive visual thing (iTunes visualiser maybe?), that sort of thing.

I recommend eating a small thing that you don't actually like. I keep a packet of Ryvita in the cupboard for this - times when I know I need to eat something because human bodies do actually need regular fuel, but don't want to eat anything because of body image/food issues. It's not enjoyable, so I don't worry that I'll want to keep going and binge or anything like that, but I'm still getting at least a little bit of blood sugar boost etc.

http://elphame.tumblr.com/ is my tumblr for things that make me laugh or smile. Skip the top two posts, they require more concentration; after that it is, as the tagline says, "mostly babies". (By which I mean animal babies.) Most of the time I forget it's there, but when I remember, it can really help.

• Like x 2
  18. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Also - witnessed. I feel like this a lot. It has gotten a lot better, but it fucking sucks and it's really fucking hard to deal with.

• Like x 1
  19. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

Witnessed. :/ *hugs if wanted*

• Like x 1
  20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

did you know that the idea of fat=bad was actually made up by insurance companies to scam people?
    fat is vital to life.
    like, even apart from cell membranes having to be made of it, and brains and so on being about 90% fat, adipose tissue has thermoregulatory, immune, protective, and nutrient storage functions.

and by nutrient storage, i mean things like fat-soluble vitamins.

also, according to the seventh edition of the Campbell biochem textbook, you can get about 40% more energy from your food when eating less than 2000 calories a day, and use around 30% energy due to nonvital metabolic processes shutting down, plus intense lethargy (due to having no energy as every calorie is shunted into fat production). Also. During calorie restriction, every calorie not required for vital metabolic processes gets shunted into fat production, including breaking down muscle and turning it into (lighter, far more energy efficient) fat.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice