i have never voluntarily blogged before in my LIFE

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Wingyl, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i did once have to make a four-posts-long blog for a communications in the sciences class though

anyway i'm making a playlist of songs that give me Steamworld!Fen vibes, and also considering making a BEL/S playlist but so far i have only found two songs that make me go "BEl/S song!"

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

my mother's parrot has learnt to make ruru noises

it's like living in a house with a flying feathered toddler that's also a random noise generator
    and now Owl Noises are a possible RNG result

• Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i keep losing this thread

anyway i had thoughts about undertale and human magic

basically; humans 'catch' magic from monsters (or other inherently magic-based beings like Flowey and spirits), which is fastest if they have strong positive bonds/feelings about monsters, but it also works just being in the general area for a while; a few days of cohabitation with a monster will inevitably result in the ability to at least use an inventory, summon and put away your soul at will, and form parties with people. in very strongly magical areas, even just a few seconds of being near a monster you are aware of and don't hate can work with more magically inclined people-and of course there's deliberate inductions, where a monster or other inherently magic-based being actively summons your soul in a very high-magic area.

they are then first-order mages. they can spread magic to other humans via the same process; it's generally a little slower though
    this results in second order mages, which are on average slightly less powerful than first order mages
    notably, living with or having strong positive feelings about a monster who they have been physically near or (better yet) touched can make second or up order mages into first order mages

second order mages can spread magic to third order mages. this has a chance to just...not work. some people just cannot get magic from a second-order magic user, but can from a first order magic user or a 'zeroth order mage' i.e. a monster or other inherently magical being like a spirit.

third order mages are also on average slightly less powerful than second order mages, and it takes longer for them to gain their powers.

and finally third order mages can spread magic to people to make *fourth* order mages, who are on average the weakest mages who took the longest to gain their powers. it can take several *weeks* for a fourth-order mage to develop their inventory fully, and potentially *years* to finish developing magic-channeling structures in their soul.

in other words, even without training or anything, even with powers of kinds that *cannot* grow stronger from training, a fourth-order mage can be growing in power and control for *years*, while a first-order will have their maximum base power and maximum base control in a few weeks.

of course this'd play merry hell with an undertale/animorphs crossover. it'd take, what, a month for every host on earth to be magically activated once even a single first-order mage host exists? and the yeerks would probably be carriers, able to 'catch' and 'spread' magic without necessarily experiencing any changes themselves...and magic *is* controlled via the soul.
    not the brain.
    so the host would have total control over their magic, akin to it being controlled by a separate ganglion...

• Like x 1
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yeerk empire: [infests frisk]

frisk: mistakes were made.png

• Winner x 3
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

more notes about human magic: in the olden days, back before monsters were sealed away, humans were only considered mages if they could do semi-freeform magic.

like, not just inventories, or SAVEs/LOADs, or passive effects like healing way faster than normal or whatever. something voluntany that not everyone had and wasn't limited to one person.

so like

frisk would not count as a mage...until alphys gave them the ability to shoot bullets from their soul. technological assistance doesn't make a mage stop being a mage; that's what magic staves etc are/were for! they'd count as an extremely low power mage though

then again

it's day one, maybe two, of being magically activated

that's very fast power gain-from nothing to the ability to fire bullets in 24 hours or less

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

egg inc has an event on where you get 10x stuff from video ads and random gifts and the daily gift thingy

so many golden eggs

so many

7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

all this thinking about undertale magic was actually due to thinking about undertale/animorphs crossover due to

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

the dog can fit through my bedroom window if it's open all the way apparently

mum told her she was going for a walk and instead of opening the back door (which is a thing this dog can do) she just
    climbed through my window and over my bed to run around excitedly in my room

• Winner x 1
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

it was hilarious but now the dog knows she can fit through windows

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i got gifted Celeste and am currently up to near the end of Chapter 3

so many instances of pressing the wrong buttons
    so
    many

i keep dashing when i meant to jump! i have accidentally wavedashed so many times! i keep holding the wrong directional keys and making poor Madeline dash into spikes or goop

its so fun but so hard and im so bad at it

13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BezSzyHFlW9/

celeste's theo has an actual instagram account
    he actually says the caption for this, minus the zalgotext, in-game.
    by which i mean that that caption appears to be exactly what is in the dialogue file but with added zalgotext, dialogue format commands and all

14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

a friend gifted me celeste on i think last thursday? time is strange
    ive been playing A Lot starting on saturday

i am at summit 2500m and i now press the correct buttons more than half the time, as opposed to what i was like in the weekend, where i called my playing celeste "Adventures in Wing Pressing The Wrong Buttons" and had over 300 deaths in chapter 3 alone due solely to pressing the wrong buttons
    eg
    "I would like to dash up." instead dashes diagonal left straight into spikes that you have to be trying to hit if you're playing that level normally and not, you know, basically dealing with some minor fingers RNG

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i found a song

it was in my reccommendeds
    its so good

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i randomly remembered a really neat thing from fialleril's worldbuilding: a culture where it is assumed that gender has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what you look like, and it is literally impossible to grammatically correctly introduce yourself without telling the person you're talking to which pronouns to use

• Like x 2
  17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

oh little darling, don't you look charming, here in the eye of a hurricane? real or imagined-what does it matter? come inside, can i getchu to stay?

its fits sooooooo weelll with quirky miniboss squad leader in dystopia au

maybe....in a few weeks time...i will actually Write Some Thing

18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

mood whiplash: going straight from Hurricane up there to Owl City's Silhouette

19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

the dragon cave AP has been a wall of nocturne eggs for over two days now.

i saw a silver egg in there, refreshed twice and it was still there, so i tried to grab it, and i was scrolllocked so i went to my scroll and abandoned a common egg, and went back, and the silver was gone, and i talked about it on the dragon cave discord, and went back to look for another egg to replace the one i had dropped, and the silver was back it had simply been buried in nocturne eggs with lower time

so now i have a silver dragon egg

its so valuable and it was there for over a minute wtf ap

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

the ap has been madness nonstop since the release on the 13th

it was almost normal a bit over two days ago!! and then!! n o c t u r n e s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice