I have no gaming group, and I must RP! - Or Game Brainstorming

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Carcosa, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

I'm currently working on putting basic mechanics and lore for L5R into a wiki, since I recently learned that the equivalent of a "Living Rokugan Campaign" (Known as Heroes of Rokugan) just put up a ton of content for me to possibly run. While I do have a good amount of info up, it'll still probably be a while before I'm in position to officially ask for players. So I'm okay with you doing whatever, since I have a terrible meme-inspired name in mind for my future l5R game thread anyway. >:3c

2. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I don't think it would be a good idea to use this thread to recruit another game, people would just look at it and think "oh that's the Tales of Ages crowd talking some more" and not click. But now that I think about it, we should probably move game-organization stuff to a conversation/pm thread - apparently this forum software allows 3+ user all-replies-to-all private messages, which is even easier than email or skype would be. So I have no objection to someone using it to recruit another game.

• Like x 1
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Ahem. I lurk on pretty much every thread on this forum. I'm pretty sure there are other who do the same. If you guys cleared out of here, I'd be interested to see who started recruiting for a game next. Or if you don't, just idly watching what's going on.

4. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

The maker of Apocalypse World recently came up with a Swords & Sorcery reskin/variant of Apocalypse World using some of the new rules from the Apocalypse World 2e playtest. Since I love Apocalypse World, I'm interested in trying to run it.

I'm hoping for a group of between 3 and 6, with only one player per playbook. I would be willing to run over on Roll20, on this forum, or setting up a forum on my own hosting if need be. Setting-wise, it's the fantasy apocalypse, with the only things set in stone being that there was some kind of empire, it "fell" about 50 or so years before the game would be taking place, and there is giant psychic maelstrom. Anything else is dependent on whatever info I can get from the players who decide to play and how they interpret some of the details provided by the playbooks.

If you want a look at the moves and available playbooks, I have them up in a wiki.

• Like x 1
  5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ooh, that sounds very cool. I might be interested in a child of battle or a bonepicker.

6. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

I'm working on converting over one of the fan-made playbooks, Beast Master. Part of why I'm interested in running the new variant is because I have a Brainer character from an old AW game that I love and wish I could convert her into a Mesmerast. Unfortunately, her favorite target for bothering was another PC who was a Driver, which doesn't have an equivalent in Fallen Empires. ;-;

Having a collection of monsters is about the same as having a collection of cars, right? :3c

For those who are interested, the equivalent playbooks in Fallen Empires are-
    • Bonepicker => Angel
    • Child of Battle => Battlebabe
    • Mesmerast => Brainer
    • Wolfshead => Chopper
    • Sword Master => Gunlugger
    • Strongholder => Hardholder
    • Hocus => Hocus
    • Mystic => Saavyhead
    • Nightshade => Skinner

Operator gets left out because that's one of the playbooks that will be dropped in AW2E. I think it's going to be replaced by Quarantine, which is one of the limited edition playbooks. Almost tempted to try to convert over Quarantine, since that'd make for a fun one, too.

7. KarrinBlue

Monster-collector sounds like an awesome class as well! I think I'd want to play a child of battle as - hm, maybe something like a fairy changeling, if that makes sense?

• Like x 1
  8. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Okay, this does sound cool, but I'm worried that I don't have enough time.

9. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

I'm familiar with numerous interpretations of what a changeling can be, so please go into more detail?

10. KarrinBlue

Hmm... like, seems to be something other than a person, at first? Something came and your normal child isn't there. They're different, in a dozen small ways.

I like the narrative of changelings a lot, so...

• Like x 1
  11. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

Ah, okay. That's cool, I can work with that.

I'm used to reading urban paranormal, so I've seen it used where sometimes a changeling is a person who is part human and part fae, other times it ends up referring to the human half of the switched pair (albeit they've ended up changed by the Fae world/realm), so it can get a little confusing without clarification.

Do you think that your character is a fae/faerie/fairy/your prefer term or are they some sort of construct/made up being that isn't actually faerie but is still technically alive and sentient?

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

Well, I think it depends a little on what sort of setting others would want, but I was thinking - there's a giant psychic storm and magic and stuff right? So maybe sometimes spirits get shredded in the storm, and end up in people - if someone's already grown and have their own identity, then there can be Issues, but if they're just newborn or something then the fragment integrates with the person and they become... nearly normal.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice