I have no gaming group, and I must RP! - Or Game Brainstorming

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Carcosa, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

... Actually I think that makes it better. My favorite history knowledge of stuff is "Your Fave Is Problematic" but less problematic in the Tumblr sense and more "Actually a normal person, and occasionally kind of a dick but that's okay because it makes them human."

Almost definitely using Nix or Tzana, and having them have amazing heroic stories in the future only to find out that they're actually slightly unhinged nightmares.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

No, I wasn't disapproving, I agree that it makes a great story. Also, it fits with certain plot ideas I already had. Please, carry on. (Though of course no one is required to play such a rapscallion, I can fit in nobler characters too. Just make sure the party probably won't kill each other for a while.)

3. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

Yep, Aviari and I have already decided that our dubiously moral, gender-nonconforming 12th Age baddies are going to be capital-B Besties.
    (I think Nix is GNC. Correct me if I'm wrong...)

• Like x 1
  4. Aviari

Nix is genderfuck. A combination of "extremely androgynous" and "doesn't actually give a fuck." It's not important to the job. It also helps eir cover if no one knows who the fuck just quietly but brutally murdered that guy seriously how did that happen I was talking to him and suddenly blood everywhere?

5. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

That's funny, because everyone is too scared to ask Brighella what's in their pants. The answer is probably "Thirty-seven grams of powdered cave moss and a prison shank."

• Like x 2
  6. Aviari

Nix would probably be the one providing the answer.
    I'm pretty sure we can keep the group from killing us on grounds of
    • Eh, at least they're funny?
    • They aren't aimed at us

7. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

Nix, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

• Like x 1
  8. TheSeer

Hmm, @Salem, it occurs to me that Moth's prodigious memory for stories and such should have a background associated with it? Maybe the one you buff with Mythkenner? Because in a game about connections across the Ages, knowing all the old stories will definitely be relevant and useful. Matching a One Unique Thing with a +6 background would make my Gameplay/Story Correspondence Brain happy, though you don't have to go that far if you don't want. (Though looking at Twp and Taiga, even a +4 background might feel unique and powerful by comparison with everyone else.)

Since it sounds like what he remembers is a bardic repertoire in general, you could merge that with the background you use for performing if you like. You could even call it "Repertoire."

9. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

So it would be okay to make a new background to beef up with Mythkenner? I thought it had to be used on one that already exists... either way, I'll redistribute points accordingly.

10. TheSeer

Oh, no, you can make it a whole new background if you want, with Mythkenner bringing it to +2 out of nothing. Or rearrange points from your existing backgrounds. Either way is fine.

• Like x 1
  11. Aviari

@TheSeer I think you should know that Salem and I are already discussing fight banter.

• Like x 1
  12. TheSeer

It was clear from the descriptions that both Taiga and Moth were always going to be banterful. Also there's a cool knows the future/knows the past thing going on.

• Like x 2
  13. Aviari

Upd8ed sheet. Keeping the shortbow for now, it's for emergencies more than anything. How close are we to getting rolling?

14. TheSeer

Taiga and Moth are looking pretty good. Just a couple of minor things, that wouldn't stop us from getting started. Taiga has some things written in the wrong places, and I'd like to know what Moth is wearing that counts as "light armor." Twp and Incandescence still don't have the edits recorded - @Wiwaxia, @KarrinBlue, please see the checklist post I made on page 6 of this thread, that's the list of things that need to be fixed for chargen to be done.

Once all the characters are set, we're ready to go.

15. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

I was going to say "let's just go with a leather vest," but I remembered that he was suddenly forced to evacuate from the house of the most fanciful fop who ever lived, so he would have had to grab the first things he could find. I think I'm going to have some fun with this...

Moth didn't have much time to be picky when it came to supplies, so what he ended up with was one of Armado's fencing doublets. Now, most practical people don't bother much with their sportswear, even if the sport in question is as showy as fencing. Not Don Armado. This particular number is a fetching royal purple with ostentatious gold brocading and a cape over one shoulder, perfect for swirling about in a dramatic fashion every time one lunges at one's foe.
    Moth hates it, but it does provide more protection than just his tunic would. And the little cape is kinda funny, he guesses. At least he can usually hide it under a black cloak, which doesn't draw quite as much attention.

16. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

- sweet, will edit. forgot about the +level again
    - I think I will go with reach tricks for now, but I will keep Quick Draw in consideration for later
    - she's seen a lot more of the world than many people in the Age of Ruin and has a general sense of the play of powers as it currently stands. There's a lot of overlap with the others, yeah, but that's the main different thing about that phase of Twp's life
    - yeah, but I'm still not sure what. Suggestions are welcome, though.
    - nope

17. Aviari

Is Twp the world's remaining dragonfly knight or the only one ever? Because honestly when you mentioned dragonfly knights my first thought was the ones from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials and theirs were specially bred monster dragonflies that had been cultivated for centuries like humans did horses.

If she's the only one ever, she could have commissioned Yx. Twp was determined to be a cavalier and lacked only a mount. It would probably be fairly simple to get someone to cast a permanent enlarging spell on a dragonfly, which she could have chosen over a normal or slightly large bird because dragonflies have natural armor, claws on six feet vs two, and a nasty bite.

18. TheSeer

I can certainly come up with (or propose) a backstory if you want. I'll just use the time-honored method of "what sounds cool and is convenient for my plot?"

19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I think I'm going to go for that one.
    There was a knightly order of Dragonfly-knights around the beginning of the 14th Age, but they were crushed between the Horde and the Lich King's forces. Some of their specially bred war-dragonflies survived and became feral.

Twp does not know about any of this, though. After being a refugee guide for some time, Twp took her leave from the Last Homely House to try to find some way to better her skills so she could better defend it and the refugees it shelters. If you asked her, she could not tell you how she found Yx's egg or why she decided to take it with her and raise it once it hatched. She fed and handled Yx as a nymph, bringing him along rivers back towards the Last Homely House, and once he metamorphosed she began training with him for flight and battle, adapting the techniques of the Hobbit hound and wargoat riders of the Last Homely House.

Twp's beetle-shell plate is also a relic from the dragonfly-knights of old, but it found it's own way to the Last Homely House some time before.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    • Like x 1
  20. Aviari

I really like the idea of her training and riding Yx on her own with cobbled together harness and then she gets to the LHH and someone hands her heirloom gear and a whole history :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice