I made a huge mistake.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Laz, Nov 17, 2016.

1. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

look friendo if you need to make multiple threads to convince a bunch of internet strangers that no, really, you are a huge jerk and you're totally a lost cause and everyone hates you, seriously, what do you need to do to prove how Bad you are???..... maybe consider that we are, as a group, actually pretty good at recognizing shitheads who want to hurt people. the forum culture also, in general, leans towards wanting to help those people learn how not to be a shithead, and to examine the reasons why they want to hurt people.

so even if you were the nastiest piece of work we had ever collectively seen (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) we would mostly still be encouraging you to get help. if you don't want help at this time, then that's whatever. you're your own person and none of us are the boss of you, but sticking around to reiterate that you're The Worst is kind of silly.

anyway. like i guarantee you are not the terrible bad guy you're trying to convince us you are, you're not likely to become that guy, and your attempts at proving you WANT to become that guy seem half-hearted at best, so what are you really doing here?

ON THE OTHER HAND you're being super dismissive of lizard&co and that's kind of grinding my gears :\

• Like x 6
  2. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

It seems pretty clear that the unfeeling bully path is not one you really want or are going to take. If you were at the point where it was, then you'd probably have taken it already, instead of seeking validation from internet folks in order to convince yourself that you should do it. Because that proves pretty certainly that you do care, and don't want to go and be a huge jerk to people, which is pretty counterproductive to the whole "going an being a jerk" thing.

Incidentally the very fact that you're talking about "being a bully" and "not caring about/manipulating/hurting people" shows that you're not the sort of person who'd be comfortable going and doing those things, because in real life, those sorts of people aren't self-aware of the fact that they're the "bad guy", and convince themselves that what they're doing is justified and that they are in the right, even when they're self-evidently not. The exceptions to that are generally I think in a very small minority and are people who have a very particular and unusual sort of personality profile that I think these threads have shown that you aren't fitting, so.

Anyway, I wish the best for you dude. I'm sure you can work through this.

• Like x 6
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Why are you laughing? Me and Ink have been sitting here the whole time worried about you dude. We keep talking about wanting you to come back and start moving away from the shit influences. You wanna know who called the wellness check when you started going down bad land spiral? That was me. We thought you were going to hurt yourself. And you HAVE been, even if it's not physical pain, you've been going on FB and tormenting yourself with the lives of other people. TBH if I was closer to your physical proximity I would probably be convincing you in my car and taking you in inpatient care rn. I know you've done that song and dance and I know it SUCKS, but this? This isn't a viable alternative.

You're not evilwrongbad. It's not in your make up. You're talking about it like its a role you need to prep for, but the people who actually do bad shit to others? They don't think about it. They don't see other people as people, and they don't sit there and moralize over it, and ask other people to convince them not to, because they don't think they're doing anything wrong. You? You know. You'd have to make a conscious decision, everyday, every opportunity, to Be A Jerk. How long do you think you'd be able to keep that up? A week? A month? A year?

How long before you can't do it anymore, and then you're back at square one, only with even more work to do?

• Like x 9
  4. Laz

Laz Member

Until I'm dead. You just get back up and try again.

As for inpatient care,the last time I got committed my family basically never trusted me to leave the house until a couple years ago. I'd rather not be re-branded as a lunatic nut job, THAT would be sending me back to square one.

5. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

I get the feeling our new chum is about this bad.

• Like x 1
  6. Lizardlicks

Your family is part of the toxic mix that got you into this head space in the first place, and you're a grown ass adult. They can fuck off while you get yourself well, and probably for a lot longer than that until they pull their heads out of their asses.

ETA: Talking about committing some sort of crime or bullying people because you'd rather do that than try to get help and work out the problems? That IS being a lunatic nut job.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    • Like x 7
  7. Laz

Laz Member

No, what I need to do is reconcile with them because I'm the one who fucked up by not keeping my emotions in check.

As for bullying people, what's wrong with me trying to move up in the social hierarchy? Not that violence is always the answer, but I need to be able to assert my authority over others as needed. That's what being a man is about.

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Come at me bro

• Like x 3
  9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Oh, bullshit. That's what toxic masculinity is about, and it keeps you a pathetic grasper while the people who already have status get to stay comfy right where they are.

Seriously, listen to yourself. "What's wrong with hurting people so other people like me more?" That is a dumb question and I suspect you know it.

• Like x 6
  10. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

again, dude, who are you bullying in this hypothetical? what group of people do you see yourself ~~asserting your authority~~ over, thus solidifying your ~~manliness~~ (which by the way is the most eye-rollingly absurd thing i have heard this week)

• Like x 2
  11. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

Well for one thing, your snarky auto response is rehashed 4chany reaction images and ignoring half the people in the thread. Including the person who is not just extending an olive branch, but hitting you with an entire olive bush. Like, is that really the best you can do? Shit man, we had worse from the kiwi farmers, and like one of them had a fit because we were harassing her (read as: two people laughed at her for constantly getting into stupid drama for the sake of it, and one was just disappointed). You're not fooling or impressing anyone, much like a thirteen year old who discovered Korn and Hot Topic is not shocking anyone with his hardcore attitude

• Like x 9
  12. swirlingflight

Laz sure isn't bullying me despite my repeated attempts to pick a fight with them.

I'm insulted as fuck over here, man.

• Like x 6
  13. Lizardlicks

Why do you think that?

You did not fuck up by, "not keeping [your] emotions in check." You suppressed healthy expression of very real emotions that literally everyone feels, man, woman and in between, because of a rigid adherence to a backwards cultural norm until you caved under the pressure. And you think you should kiss and make nice to the people who would try to cram you back into that particular mold? Get real man.

Most of my friend are dudes, both cis and trans. I can guarantee you they would all tell you that your idea of what a "man" is, is not just wrong, but stupidly wrong. I get that, you are feeling helpless and powerless, and that you think being able to dominate other people by force will help, but mostly it will drive people away, and cause them to cut you off and isolate you further. That's even provided you could successfully bully someone, which uh. So far your career int hat front isn't looking very optimistic.

• Like x 7
  14. swirlingflight

Right now your insistence on wanting to be a bully, dropping little poops of ideals all over your posts with turdnuggets like "being a man" and "up the social hierarchy" while completely and utterly refusing to acknowledge me or face me in mano a mano internet intellectual combat is making me point and laugh at you.

• Like x 5
  15. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

As a trans dude(ish) person with a "Been there, done that" T-shirt: YEP.

It's hard to be kind and dependable, especially if you're inherently kind of an asshole like I am, but it earns you a hell of a lot more respect from a lot more of the kind of people that you probably actually want to impress.

• Like x 3
  16. swirlingflight

I'm not going to stop until either (a) you acknowledge me, (b) I get bored, or (c) someone convinces me that I'm doing significant enough harm that my amusement isn't worth it.

Right now my headcanon for you is Kylo Ren. A sad, scared person who's lashing out from a sense of powerlessness, clumsily attempting to imitate people who you think are more powerful because they have the power to destroy and sit their asses on thrones.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that they're a continuously rotating door of morons kicking each other off the mountain. You keep shitting this idea that bullying people will put you on top of the hierarchy. But you're not even managing to face me to climb higher in it??? What in the name of fuck makes you think that you'll get anywhere near the top without getting trampled far, far worse than you would with not shooting yourself like a rocket-propelled asshole to the bottom of the cesspit?

This is fucking annoying me. The KiwiFarmers were more entertaining to snark at than you. You're not even trying to be a bully.

• Like x 8
  17. swirlingflight

And before your brain decides to distort what I'm doing like you did with Beldaran, allow me to clarify:

I am not attempting to chase you off Kintsugi.

I am demonstrating to you that the things you're saying are fucking stupid.

• Like x 12
  18. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Your ass knows that's not true. I don't know much about you, but I know enough to know you're not a god damn idiot.

• Like x 3
  19. Laz

Laz Member

Well I'm sorry I'm not stuck in front of my computer 24/7 to respond to your rage spam.

As for continuously kicking each other off the throne, that's how we have society today.

I'm an idiot for not recognizing these realities about society sooner,that's for sure.

20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

what is it that you want, @Laz, and how exactly do you think bullying will get you it? do you have a game plan or do you just plan on being cruel and ~manly~ all over the place until you get results?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice