I made a huge mistake.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Laz, Nov 17, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Thank you for your apology.

2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Is it really? Are you sure? Or is it that you severe depression is distorting your thinking, letting you only see the bad while feeding it's own confirmation bias that every thing is always terrible forever. Look at this forum. Look at this community of hundreds of people who have been at either end of the song and dance. Look at how many of us have managed to heal and pull ahead without back biting or eating our own. Look at how much happier everyone is with a supportive place to grow and be well.

Look at me, who has never been a bully, a taker. Someone whose instinct is for altruism. I have a house, a loving spouse and a couple of great kids, some pretty AWESOME roommates. I'm not wealthy, but I'm certainly content and genuinely happy with my life. Am I lesser? Would I have more if I was greedy and selfish, and would that more make me happier and more fulfilled? I doubt it.

• Like x 8
  3. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Lizard is made of almost saintly patience, but I'm not, so I'm just going to step out of this thread. @Laz, when you're interested in actually answering my questions or addressing anything I said I'm ready to listen, but until then I'm disinviting myself from the pity party.

• Like x 3
  4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

This is possibly the nicest thing I've read today and I wanted to mirror it for people to read again.

@Laz : you want us to tell you to go off and be a bully? Fuck no. I have difficulty with understanding other people's desires, but even I can tell that that isn't what you really want to do. That will inevitably just make you more miserable. So don't do that. Your idea of "being a man" is incredibly toxic and backwards. "Being a man" does not mean you get to assert dominance over other people at will. That's called abuse. And "keeping emotions in check" is actually even worse. I've done it for years, and trust me, it is bad for your mental health.
    The fact that you see becoming this as something bad means that you know, in your heart, that it's the wrong thing to do. And on some bad days, your morals are the only things you have. If you don't even have your own morals, but ones you know are bad? That would be the epitome of self-loathing. So please. Stop trying to be a bully. All of us know how bad it can get, especially considering the state of the world right now. But we're always here. Kintsugi is a place where you have thousands of shoulders to lean on, and you'll never be turned down for who you are or what you believe in. Talk to us, we want to listen.

• Like x 5
  5. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

You probably want to just deny everything that we're saying. But all we want to do is help you

• Like x 4
  6. Laz

Laz Member

Look, all I want is to wield power over other people the way they wielded it over me. And it's all in accordance with how society works. It's not going to be all violent, I get that. But I am tired of being made an example of and I'd like to be the one leading by example.

All I'd like right now, however, is the same thing I asked for at the beginning of the thread: to know what your handles are on social media so I can cut this nagging cancer out of my head.

7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

but you will just be continuing on with the examples already made, with what makes society work that fucked up way in the first place. leading by example won't change anything if you just keep on doing what's already been done.

• Like x 1
  8. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

if lizardlicks didn't know you, i would be certain that you were a troll, and not even a particularly subtle one.

• Like x 2
  9. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Man, okay, I probably shouldn't be posting in this thread given that I resolved not to, but I'm waiting for my match to queue so. Whatever. If this was someone not known to apparently multiple people on this forum, I'd be saying "yo friends look out someone is trying to feed off your emotional energy here". And... honestly I still think that's happening. I'm sorry that some shitty shit has happened to you, @Laz. If I had my way bad shit would happen to no one any more. But I don't, and right now I think that you are desperately trying to reach out for a life preserver with other people's feelings about you and what you do. And that's not okay. I also think that several people in this thread are doing the enabling dance, which, while their choice, is not a choice I agree with. Broski, if you're around bullies a lot, which I am absolutely willing to take forum-goers' words that you are, their tactics are so very easy to learn - consciously or not. If you're gonna do the thing, do the thing. I hope you don't, because there's plenty of pain and suffering in this world already. But if you're just looking for attention, or for people to tell you not to do it... there are way better ways.

• Like x 6
  10. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

New chum is boring.

• Like x 5
  11. Laz

Laz Member

It's not perfect but it's better than savagery.

I wish I was better at trolling. Or at least better at not feeling guilt.

Tough crowd.

12. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

If you want people to reassure you that the world's not purely dog eat dog and that there's good things and its worth being nice and trying to be a good person even when it's hard (because it is), or if you're looking for reassurance that you're not a terrible person or even just attention, all you have to do is ask. You don't have to do this whole...whatever it is you're trying to do here. Do you even really know what you want? Why not go and find or make some threads about your interests and post in them just for fun? Seems like that would feel better than this

• Like x 6
  13. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

It is savagery. That's exactly what that is. It doesn't hold society together, it drives it apart, and forces the rest of us to do more work to make up for the selfish people that just want to promote their own gain.

Do me a favor, go over to the The Non-Dudebro's Guide to the Apocalypse thread, and look at some of the stuff I've linked there regarding how human civilization has historically functioned. History and science prove over an over again that cooperation and social bonding have directly contributed to us becoming the dominant species of the planet. The brute force, domination theory is only pushed by jerks that want to take what others have built. It doesn't help run anything.

• Like x 7
  14. Laz

Laz Member

Well yeah, people will have to band together to survive. It was more how tribalism built society, the norms of the time that led to cultures exerting their will on the world and defining who they are today. Is it racist? No shit it is, that's how we're all speaking European-derived languages. The only people who are truly resentful - myself included - are people who couldn't stand in their way. That's not saying that there isn't a chance to take shit back from what society has turned into today, and I'm going to get up and join them rather than get extinguished for good.

Well, actually I just want you guys to hate me. Putting it that bluntly.

15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

And why do you want random strangers on a mental health forum who know nothing about you to hate you? What does that even accomplish?

• Like x 3
  16. Laz

Laz Member

It'll give me closure that people will finally accept me for who I am.

17. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

idk coming from someone who fuckin delights in getting people to hate him youre going about it in a really shitty way

logically explaining why people should hate you literally never does anything xcept attract either sympathy or mild annoyance

• Like x 14
  18. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

bruh, can I ask why you're deadset on asking for people's handles so you can block them instead of just. y'know. carrying on as you say you were so set to? I've never seen anyone in the position you say you want to be in have a pre-set block list. you're obviously chilling here for another reason, and it's okay to. I'm pretty sure the worst you'll get is a lot of confused noises, 'cause that's all I'm understanding rn.

• Like x 3
  19. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I've seen some weird things on this forum, but this is absolutely surreal. @Laz, you need a kind of help that can't be got on a forum. Please try and get it before your brainbugs eat you alive.
    Just throwing it out there, since I don't necessarily expect you to take advice from a beta male such as myself :P

• Like x 7
  20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

You need to become a Jim Jones or Cromwell for me to hate you. Call me back whrn you commit genocide or become a coward ass fuck of a cult leader.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice