I never made one of these before, so hi!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by BPD anon, Apr 26, 2015.

1. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

First thing I said, turning towards friend with a huge grin lighting up my face: "Did you see that? They all died!"

• Like x 1
  2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Yes hello I apologize for going slightly off-topic but I saw Be The Seadweller Lowblood on your list and got hit by a massive wave of nostalgia. I accidentally stopped checking up on it and then didn't feel like getting back into it later on, but man it was great when it was going and I was keeping up with it. :'D

3. BPD anon

Not off topic at all! This thread is all about talking about cool things I like : D.

Man, that comic was good at infodumping like nothing else I've ever seen. Like, all this information would get shoved at me all at once and I would enjoy it instead of wishing it were broken up into smaller chunks. Not even Homestuck infodumps that well. Like, infodumping is generally seen as a negative thing. That's because it's only positive through the mysterious voodoo of BTSDL.

Makes me want to reread it just to study how it managed to do that.

4. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

tbh I don't really remember the infodumps that much, though also tbh I don't really remember a whole lot of specifics about the whole thing, lol. But yeah, I was definitely thinking about going back through it myself because dang that was a good fanfic (good enough that I actually read it, I'm not really that into fanfics tbh lol) until I went and looked and remembered that the thing is FIVE THREADS LONG AND THEN MOVED TO TUMBLR WOW THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH STUFF TO GO THROUGH AGAIN.
    On the other hand I found some old fanart I did of it which was kinda cool but also cringeworthy lol.

BTSD had some great shenanigans and characterization though, I remember that much.

5. BPD anon

Why go through the hassle of threads and timble tombles when you can view it like this? : D

• Like x 1
  6. BPD anon

Testing to see if my signature shows up/works

7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

rn it doesn't

8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

it seems to work for me
    if it's supposed to say:
    that is

9. BPD anon

@unknownanonymous Yep! I hope that's not considered tacky. I mean, people link to their fanfiction all the time in their signatures on the MSPA forums.

• Like x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@BPD anon it's alright. if people aren't interested, they can just ignore your signature. after all, it doesn't seem too big or eye-catching (like, there are no gifs, big text or fancy colours). and if they are interested, it's really convenient for them! :D

EDITED: so i wouldn't be @ ing myself. brainfart. sorry for the possible extra alert, beeps!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  11. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

's not tacky at all, no worries.

12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i personally have absolutely no problem with people having signatures as long as they're not animated.

13. IvyLB

I'm still not seeing a signature at all wondering if I dicked around with some settings without noticing?

14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

@IvyLB Well, can you see mine?
    Says "this is a signature"

15. IvyLB

huh no. okay I'm gonna go dive into account settings and see if i broke somethign

edit: it now works, i must have accidentally unchecked the box for no real reason

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I may have turned signature-viewing off-by-default in some early admin settinsg in which case it would be the default for everyone, probably.

17. BPD anon

Why are people on this forum so nice to me? Like, you've seen me blow up.

@any confused mods, sorry about deleting this from other places, I think it goes best here.

18. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

We've also seen you apologize and try to make good on things, and working really hard not to blow up.

Emotions can be overwhelming. People do some horrible shit in the grips of their emotions. Mostly, we can control them, but some people basically can't control some emotions in the short term; they can spend years working to change that, but today, that emotion could take over and drive for a few minutes or an hour or whatever, and that's just how it is. It's super obvious that you work really hard to be kind, and that you have a history of being abused that would pretty much explain a huge amount of random emotional overload, and... Well, why not be nice to you? Your mom's pretty much established that being mean to you isn't going to help no matter how hard we try.

• Like x 1
  19. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

seconding seebs. also, you're a very sweet and genuine person overall. You seem like the kind of person I'd hang out with in real life.

• Like x 1
  20. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

^ Thirding. You're not a bad person, you just have a brain that's really stupid sometimes.

Also, Kintsugi as a whole is a place where there's basically no assholes.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice