I Should Go - The Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

what happened to his cheekbones????

omg. i can't wait to hear more stories of Shep^2, and i'm not sure which origin i like more, the inbreeding or the alien.

Aside from his crush on Gar-bear, what's he like??

2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Nothing happened to his cheekbones because he was born without them. It's a condition. <:[

He is a hero soldier through and through. We chose the War Hero origin and then decided that, for Shepard Shepard, the direness of that situation may have been greatly exaggerated and his HEROIC COURAGE may not have been entirely warranted. Because that's what he does. He saves the day even if the day may not exactly need saving. And he never wears helmets because helmets make his face look somewhat normal no one would dare attack his face!

He's mostly a Paragon for that reason, though so far he has had a couple of Renegade moments, like with The Fist where he defended Wrex's decision to kill The Fist. Because that's what a HERO would have done!

He's also weirdly inquisitive and keeps asking every question possible. Sometimes multiple times because Bioware is stupid and lets you ask the same question repeatedly, so that's what we did.

And, finally, Shep^2 is very protective of his squad, which he calls his boys. All of them. Even the girls. All are his boys, every last one of them. Except Garrus who is his husband.

We're going to put as many points into armor and health as possible so that he's basically unkillable.

• Like x 5
  3. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Update on Shep^2!

Shepard Shepard became a Spectre and immediately went a bit... let's say power-crazy.
    He's still convinced he's the hero that the galaxy needs, but now he's convinced that nothing--not even laws--will get in his way. SHEPARD SHEPARD DOES WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND NO ONE CAN TELL HIM WHAT TO DO. This means that he's gained a few Renegade points... but he's still mostly a paragon. Cuz while he's currently being all FUCK THE RULES, he's not rude to any of his comrades. Gotta be nice to the boys! Good boys, all of them. Yep.

He's also gotten a lot more... aggressive... with his ideal of butting in to everyone's problems and helping them whether they need it or not. Moirail and I like to imagine that it's not so much that people come to him for help, but more like they accidentally discuss their problems within earshot of him and he hones in on them and goes "HEY I HEARD YOU NEED HELP. I CAN HELP. I'M A HELPER."

We've also discovered that apparently Shep^2 doesn't like corporations. At all. On Noveria, he's been..... quite antagonistic to pretty much everyone. Except for the hanar merchant; he helped the hanar merchant smuggle some stuff past security because Shep^2 saw it as "sticking it to the man".

He also released the Rachnia queen because what's more heroic than saving an entire race??

Shepard Shepard is a wild ride through and through. 8I

ANYWAYS.
    There are no new pictures because, uh. I texted a picture I had taken of Shepard Shepard to a friend, and then my phone stopped being able to read my SD card, which is where all of the pictures were. I mean, it's possible that the card got a virus on it or something, but the timing... is rather hilarious, and I can't help but feel like maybe it's because Shep^2 corrupted my SD card. 8I

• Like x 2
  4. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

@raginghearts I know Shep^2 is meant to be read as Shep squared but I can't help but read it as ShepShep

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

GET HYPE

• Like x 1
  6. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

7. Kittenly

I AM HYPE. ALSO TERRIFIED. I want it to be good so bad and i can think of so many ways they could mess it up ;-;

• Like x 1
  8. KingStarscream

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like x 2
  9. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i am SO hyped to make my ryders, what a gift, i cant believe you'll be able to customize dad and sibling, that's three ocs for the price of one

• Like x 3
  10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i am going to spend so. much. time. playing the character creation screen

• Like x 1
  11. KingStarscream

Here's a summary of the features they're teasing for the game. It's sounding a lot like the sweet lovechild of the exploration and ability models of ME1/Inquisition and the beautiful character moments and streamlined combat of ME2/ME3. Which I am so about. Also "more relationships than any previous Bioware game" MAN OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO DROWN IN OPTIONS.

• Like x 4
  12. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Amelia and Richard Ryder are going to have so many datefriends

• Like x 1
  13. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the fandom to declare every single one of them terribadlematic

• Like x 3
  14. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

"...without worrying about unintended consequences" I call bullshit, there is always going to be an option like "give him the thing" that translates to SMASH HIM IN THE FACE WITH THE THING

also: "Emphasis that relationships don't just culminate in a sex scene, but rather characters can just want to get in the sack, while others are interested in long term relationships and others still aren't interested at all." yes good this is 100% my jam, give me relationship scenes I can watch with the child in the room

• Like x 3
  15. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I'm a bit worried about some of the things in the feature list, but it sounds like I can make a biotic sniper and that makes up for a lot

16. EulersBidentity

"Decisions aren't necessarily obvious "right" or "wrong", there are pros and cons to each and you'll just have to play the game the way you want"
    YES

17. KingStarscream

I did laugh at the "obvious right or wrong" ones, because fucking PARAGON ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO COMMIT SUICIDE being a running thing. Like oh my god, that's absolutely terrible and awful, and yet. And yet.

• Like x 3
  18. EulersBidentity

I'm hoping that the way they're pushing "no right or wrong" means I can rp the equivalent of paragade without being penalised for it. I always found that the most rewarding part of the game, except for when your morality score is too mixed and YOUR LACK OF CHARISMA KILLS A PERSON

Though I do also love some high stakes play.

• Like x 4
  19. Kittenly

*insert painful Dick Ryder joke here*

Like, yes, this is a running gag, but paragon doesn't actively encourage people to kill themselves, they encourage people to stop being evil and that usually ends in them (thinking Saren and TIM) saying they can't, they're too far gone, and then deciding to kill themselves instead of continuing to do the evil thing.

BUT Sally and Marco are already my children. Basically guys I can't wait ;-;

From the article:

"4 Arks, each carrying a different race, are built, housing thousands of individuals to chart a course to Andromeda"
    Not terrible happy about this. It just seems like such a bad idea. A little less bad since the initiative was launched before the Reaper War, but still. Also with the ships going out before the Reaper War it's making my hopes for a refugee narrative looking less likely :((

"Bioware wanted to capture more "shooting bottles with Garrus" moments in the game, of which there are plenty"
    I AM SO HERE FOR THIS

I'm personally kinda sad to see the Paragon/Renegade system go, because despite valid criticisms it worked great for me. With a few notable exceptions (mostly in ME3) it didn't feel like Paragon Good, Renegade Bad. Paragon seemed more idealistic and adamantly sticking to those ideals. Renegade seemed more practical, we do what we must because we can't afford to fail.

Kinda sad loyalty missions won't determine what sort of outcome you get. But I've always been a sucker for Power of Friendship.

• Like x 3
  20. KingStarscream

Yeah, I'm a little sad about that too, because that was one of the things that really sold the tension of ME2 to me. On the flipside, it would suck to find out after your entire squad died that oh, yeah, those sidequests were important.

I'm suuuuuper hype for the aliens, too. And I really hope we get to gaymance an alien this time around. Pls Bioware, just gimme the gayliens. I know they're out there. (Fingers crossed for a female turian tho. It'd be cool if they swapped the gender dynamic on a turian and quarian squadmate from the Shepard trilogy, to avoid people comparing them to Garrus/Tali. I mean, maybe we won't get a quarian squadmate at all, but that would be such a waste.)

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice