I Should Go - The Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I swear the krogan in the trailer is Wrex - it sounds like him and according to the wiki krogan can live for over a thousand years. I haven't been keeping up with Andromeda news so I hope this... Is news, but I'm hype.

That trailer looks so good tho omf

2. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

I have a response re. Wrex but it involves spoilers for the Andromeda info that's already been officially released, so would you prefer I kept schtum?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. sirsparklepants

Nah, I'm fine with spoilers for released info, I just haven't kept up. Feel free to tell me!

4. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

oh man I geeked HARD for some of the environments. people are all analyzing the different character icons and the ability wheel on tumblr and I'm over here going "look at the SKY! and is that A MOON??? look at that GRASS!"

• Like x 7
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

ALL FEMALE NEXUS COMMAND STAFF #CONFIRMED

Also check out the Krogan in proper battle armor and not a bizarre spirtual getup. I'm so happy. Female Krogan and a female Turian crewmate. AAAAAAA

[​IMG]

edit: Here's the Turian crewmate, btw.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

but guyyyys bioware is a terrible transphobic/homophobic/sexist/ableist/whatever other buzzword we're using this week company that doesn't try to improve at all stop supporting them! /salt

Will I ever not be mad about dumb Tumblr Bioware discourse? No.

• Like x 3
  7. EulersBidentity

I love them!!!!!! Krogan engineer!!!!!

Ah okay, in that case: as I understand it, the folks on the pathfinding mission to Andromeda left the Milky Way prior to the events of Mass Effect, so we won't see any of the same characters in-game. This is how they're getting around the ME3 ending fallout problem, too.

8. KingStarscream

And to be quite frank, thank god they're doing it that way. Cleaner than the Keep, and with less reliance on the universe altering aspects of the ME3 ending.

I still don't want to see how they handle the Mass Effect movie (if it ever comes out of Production Hell) and the "Canon Shepard" issue. The First Contact War would have been a way better place to make a movie, but I guess we can't call it Mass Effect then. >:T

• Like x 2
  9. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I am just dropping in to say that I am watching my friend play Mass Effect 2 and Wrex is Good
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  10. sirsparklepants

Ah, okay. Makes sense and is less messy, for sure.

11. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

!!!! FEMALE TURIAN AND FEMALE KROGAN!!
    MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED
    I mean I'm slightly :I at the fact that the female turian feels a bit like she's had human "feminine" curves slapped onto her, and her face from the front kinda looks unnervingly human-y
    but I'm willing to look past that because FEMALE TURIAN!!!
    AND THE KROGAN FEMALE IS EVERYTHING I COULD EVER ASK FOR. LOOK AT HER. LOOK AT HER HEAD PLATES LOOK AT HER SMOOSHY FACE I LOVE HER

• Like x 2
  12. KingStarscream

Had you not seen Nyreen before? (It does kind suck that the ladies have slightly less buggy faces, tho.)

It's funny, because the flatter face, bigger curves, and massive flared facial phalanges is one of the reasons why the "Saren is trans" theory got any headway.

13. EulersBidentity

What the fuck I want that movie now!
    The first contact war and the discovery of the mass effect. Why can't we have nice things??

• Like x 1
  14. KingStarscream

RIGHT? And that would actually be a much better intro to the universe than Shepard's story! Because we learn everything about the universe through our companies and codices, which works in an rpg but really doesn't in a movie. Compare that to the First Contact War: intro which is a NASA style PSA about the discovery on Mars, the Relay off of Pluto, and the usage of mass effect to colonize space. Cut to a Turian police action, and the humans fighting back. Set it up like an action movie, then bait n switch to a political thriller, ending on the Citadel with a stinger that shows all the different aliens there.

And if it does well, then you could try your Canon Shepard Story (which is still a dumb idea imo but WHATEVER.)

• Like x 4
  15. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Nope. Haven't fully played through ME3 yet, and I don't think I own the DLC she appears in. And have been trying to avoid too many spoilers, so the only reason I even know she appears in a DLC is cuz a friend told me |D

16. KingStarscream

Aaaah, makes sense. Whenever you do manage to get through, you should talk about it here! Mostly so I can excitedly talk about the DLC at you, because I love it, and I love Nyreen. :P

17. KingStarscream

SPEAKING OF MASS EFFECT:

Who else is hype for the next gameplay demo? It's broadcasting at CES tonight around 6:30 pm PST (which is SO MANY HOURS AWAY AAAAUGH) and I'm really hoping we get some demonstration of how the mix and match combat's going to look. I've seen how a lot of the walking/shooting/conversation parts of the game look, now I wanna see what it's like when I throw an enemy across the room.

• Like x 3
  18. KingStarscream

19. KingStarscream

• Like x 2
  20. KingStarscream

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice