Idioms, slang, memes, and weird turns of phrase

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by witchknights, May 20, 2016.

1. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

I hear it a lot, mostly from the 45+ crowd, less so anymore but definitely.

• Like x 1
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

My grandparents say it a lot or they did when I was a kid.

• Like x 1
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i got called too big for my britches pretty much constantly as a child :D

when my mom was a kid, her family was pretty poor. they lived on a farm but they had to sell most of the eggs and dairy, so each kid only got one egg every morning. of course a bunch of growing kids were always trying to get more food, and with six siblings, there were plenty of ways to beg borrow or steal someone else's breakfast. this resulted in the family still, to this day, telling each other, "you had your egg!" when they try to take more than their fair share of something. for best results, say it in a rural minnesota accent.

anyone who is driving or walking slowly in front of you, especially if you can't get around them, is the Pie Truck. this comes from road trips up to lake superior; on the scenic stretch of highway 61, there's an apparently famous bakery that always seems to be shipping their pies up to grand marais just when we're there, and we always seem to end up behind them, and they drive like... well, like they've got a panel truck full of fresh baked goods they don't want to ruin. you can't be mad at the pie truck. it's got a good reason for driving so slow. it smells delicious. it's a pie truck, for crying out loud, it's a divine messenger of desserty goodness! and yet. it's so very frustrating to be stuck behind it. therefore, when i'm having a bad back day and am blocking the whole stairway with my cane as i ooze along like molasses, i am the Pie Truck.

luka has gifted us with many beautiful aphasia-isms that stayed in our vocabulary. for instance, tongs are 'hot dog pliers', and frostbite is 'ice herpes'. seebs is the one who named the pool chlorinator the 'salt beepy'.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice