I'M CAPTAIN KIRK

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TwoBrokenMirrors, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

rilli and mirkel are both massive trash garbage goblin children but mirkel is secretly a soft squishy marshmallow inside and rilli is an arcane force of horror and chaos

• Winner x 2
  2. TwoBrokenMirrors

notes to self:
    rilli's houses are whiterun, riften, solitude, markarth. the latter two are the biggest and fanciest

to collage: YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, MAGIC SKELETON

• Winner x 2
  3. TwoBrokenMirrors

i'd be way more down to go to events that advertise 'vegan food!' with the implication that all of it is vegan if so much vegetarian and vegan food wasn't just... so... dire
    i mean don't get me wrong, i like a fair amount of it (much more vegetarian shit than vegan admittedly) and i'm all for people who choose to live that lifestyle being able to easily access cheap and delicious foodstuffs, but can we please fucking work on making less of it taste like sorrow and despair
    looking at you, quorn. this isn't a cottage pie, it's a travesty

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

anyway it's Pride tomorrow and i hope it's not too cold out when i go because the only pride-appropriate thing i have to wear are the watermelon-patterned short shorts i bought yesterday.
    ...hmm. rodimus-star print leggings under the short shorts would work i think actually

• Agree x 6
  5. TwoBrokenMirrors

i don't wear em often because they're unfortunately too clingy-stretchy to feel nice to wear, but beauty is pain and i can't go to Pride being low-key

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

wore pokemon leggings instead because they're comfier. pride was fun.

scrawling notes on rilli's daughters here for the sake of not immediately forgetting:
    -Sofie is very outgoing and friendly and less shy about asking for things, as befits her previous role as a flower seller
    -Runa is more serious, more fighty generally, more argumentative. Possibly/probably rather jealous of Sofie for a while.

• Winner x 7
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

runa is the boss of the two because sofie adores her/is slightly in awe of her. is definitely a bit of a cruel master initially, parental figures will have to step in on that.
    sofie grows up to be pretty and personable and flirty and sharp as a knife. prrobably not actively involved in too much illegal shit, most likely owns a shop or something, but still has the kind of skewed morality you'd expect from someone brought up by Rilli and god help you if you try and run a protection racket or something on her
    runa grows up to be an adventurer. a proper adventurer, not an idiot who thinks they're an adventurer. probably rilli takes her adventuring when she hits her teens; probably takes both of them but only runa takes to it. runa has a greatsword and Destruction magic and is probably a member of the Dark Brotherhood because sometimes people just need to be stabbed.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Indeed they do.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. TwoBrokenMirrors

random thoughts about Firewatch, having finished jackscepticeye's lp...

he says it ends disappointingly and a bit ass-pully. i think it was a game too rooted in reality to end any other way than it did.

10. TwoBrokenMirrors

expanding a little:
    with the themes set up by the intro there was no way it was going to spin into monsters or shady government schemes. it's a game about avoidance, and trying to run away from your problems, and that's how it ended. it wasn't asspully, the threads were there all along.

11. TwoBrokenMirrors

...it is disappointing, but only because it doesn't feed into our sense of how narratives like that should end. There's no dramatic climax, there's no starcrossed romance (i mean, maybe if you get another ending? i'm not going to go looking so maybe i'm wrong), it just. ends. because that's how real life do.

12. TwoBrokenMirrors

anyway it made me sad

• Witnessed x 1
  13. TwoBrokenMirrors

i mean not bad sad for once in my life, just rather melancholy and regretful and weird. that'll be fixed once i have to interact with the man who's supposed to be showing up to fit a smart meter today

14. TwoBrokenMirrors

i swear to fuck if we get boris johnson as pm i'm going to egg no. 10

on a completely separate note, i was reading back through this thread and i'm hilarious and y'all don't appreciate me

• Witnessed x 3
  15. TwoBrokenMirrors

note to self: remember to re-immortalise Malgrave's wife and horse since you saved over that save because skyrim is a piss about not keeping save files separately
    also remake caro. punch twink is go

• Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  16. TwoBrokenMirrors

woke up at quarter to four in the afternoon but on the plus side i sat down and got the decoupaging i wanted to do for mum's birthday basically finished except for final top coat

hooray?

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  17. TwoBrokenMirrors

jealous of my main skyrim pc's cosy house and happy fambly? it's more likely than you think!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's Honeyside in Riften, housecarl is Iona who's cooking at the pot there, with a marriage overhaul mod to allow multiple marriages and a couple of mods to allow marriage to Rune and Sapphire from the Thieves' Guild. Kids are Sofie and Runa Fair-Shield, who adopted the little bunny rabbit, and the doggy is Meeko. Not pictured is faithful pony Frost.
    Oh and the blade on the display board over the bed is one of the weapons you get on becoming Thane. From Morthal iirc. It's just really pretty.
    The butterfly in a jar is upside-down because you try and get anything to stand right-way-up with Skyrim's physics. Dibella there was lying in a corner for months before I decided to finally try and get her to stand up and stay put.

• Winner x 2
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’m always so afraid of messing up my beautiful houses with the wreckage of my presence.

Honeyside has such a spacious yet cozy basement. I’ve got all the houses because I play this game too much, but Riften is my favorite problem child of a city.

• Agree x 1
  19. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

(Now that I'm up on my PC I can say for sure that the image links are broken for me. Your descriptions are absolutely delightful and convey the beautiful chaos wonderfully, but I can't see your lovely home.)

• Agree x 1
  20. TwoBrokenMirrors

i fucking. love riften. rilli, whose house that is, lives there because the thieves' guild is her Fambly
    although now i've actually finished the main quest of the game (i know, who does that) i'm considering buying the plot of land you can get in Morthal and moving everyone out there. why morthal? i don't even know, i'm weirdly fond of it, full of vampires as it is. and rilli thinks falkreath is a shithole ruled by a moron so she's not moving there
    other option is hjerim in windhelm, because i deliberately didn't clean up the secret murder closet. rilli is exactly the type of person to delight in having a secret murder closet. on the other hand, windhelm is also a shithole.

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice