I'm going to marry a ghoul. [Fallout Thread!]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Sol, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

oops i got another commission of my children

[​IMG]
    More of Cathy's work can be found at: https://poorlyformed.tumblr.com/

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Winner x 1
  2. VernalBee

VernalBee Dirt Appreciator

YES HELLO HI I LOVE FALLOUT
    Played through both 3 and New Vegas (twice!) and am currently starting on 4.
    I played thru 3 with Analise, a socially awkward mechanics nerd who loves explosives and drinking with Reilly's Rangers and has a complicated relationship with her dad, and was also totally in love with her best friend Amata her whole adolescence.
    I played thru New Vegas the first time with Yeshua, who is actually a character I made originally as my Shepard in Mass Effect, but I adapted him to the Fallout universe. In ME, he grows into an affable father of alien children who saved the world a couple times, but in Fallout he's too young for that so he's just a little shit scavenging through the desert unsuccessfully trying to flirt with ladies (he is also Besties with Veronica).
    However Yeshua wasn't super into determining the future of Vegas but I kind of wanted to see the plot, so I made Nia (a re-purposed D&D character), a much more vengeful and pragmatic lady who is anti-Legion but not quite pro-NCR either (I went Independent Vegas for her route). She also likes scavenging and flirting with ladies, with a bit more success than Yeshua.
    I'm a good bit into FO4 now, playing as Surya, a compassionate and whip-smart ex-lawyer who sees the new world as an exciting experiment to fix the old world's structural problems, but mostly just wants to find her son, and feels kinda bad about being so philosophically excited by all this. However, the plot just isn't gripping me as good as 3 or NV did so I'm doing a lot of sidequests and settlement-building rn. I ALSO think it's a fucking crime that you can't romance Nick because he is my favorite and I think him and Surya would get along like a house on fire. I also love Piper, and I think Surya's got some Feelings for her as well.
    I also recently downloaded the Old World Blues dlc for NV and am having a very good time with it. The writing for that game is just so good.
    I have pictures of all these characters but they're on my old computer so I don't have them rn.
    ANYWAY sorry for info-dump but bro I just love Fallout.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Apropos of it being posted in a discussion of gender reveal parties...

I have been lead down a path of mathematics and nukemap and I'm pretty sure the opening scene in Fallout 4 is wrong... maybe.
    NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein (nuclearsecrecy.com)

Based on a rough estimation of the location of Vault 111 (it's either at what is currently Minuteman National Park or north of Nagog Pond) relative to the impact site, at the distance, given a 9 MT surface detonation (just as a random guess, Fallout nukes were salted and or surface detonated to maximize... well, fallout, and the US's highest yield ICBM is 9 MT), thermal radiation should be far more damaging than blast pressure. Basically, the main character should be blind, and probably suffering severe burns.

On the other hand, there are quite a few hills between there. That'd reduce damage from the initial blast, but the fireball is tall enough (and radiant enough) to still do considerable damage. But it could make the difference between blisters and incineration.
    Looking directly into the thing is still really bad for your health, though.
    Ironically, the damage to Sanctuary would have been minimal and the citizens would have been okay if they'd stayed inside - it's well within 'duck and cover' radius. Damage would be limited to maybe broken windows. Given prevailing winds even radiation should be minor. Well. Except for... y'know, all the other nukes, and the salting, and whatnot.

Downtown Boston meanwhile is far enough that it would likely suffer minimal physical damage, but severe radiation, since those same prevailing winds would tend to blow fallout directly into it on the way out to sea (where, fortunately, ghoul whales aside, the most intense radiation ends up)

• Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice