i'm just like stan pines (not any of the cool parts, though)

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by unknownanonymous, Nov 24, 2015.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Also keep in mind that Ford is not in my apartment dripping cycloptopus ichor all over the floor and leaving his Tesla box in the garage after being told that it isn't welcome in the house. It may look as though I never criticise Ford (though I don't think that's true) but consider the meaning of the word inmei'chi* and how often @Professora Valiska has been heard to use it. Valiska's significantly nicer than me. If you don't think I'd occasionally have some very choice words for Ford if he were a real person who actually lived with me, despite the fact that I would hit that like Stan hits Vegas...keep in mind that I almost certainly would say worse things than Valiska does because she has neither ADHD, panic attacks nor my paranoia/anger management issues. I am pretty sure that the second dead cycloptopus in my house would be the last because I can't outscary Bill but I can sure outscary most other people.

Real or fictional, living with a person is always hard and always results in hurtful things getting said sometimes because people are human. Your mom lives with you and has moments of being upset and overwhelmed. She might have ADHD too as it runs in families, which could really be scary because she wouldn't know how to help you and might resort to things that people used to do to her. So that's another reason you shouldn't compare Kiri/Ford to you/your mom. :) I don't have to live with him!

* for readers not in the RP, it's a word in Valiska's native language that is best translated as any of the following depending on context: "you're lucky you're so cute because that's why you're not dead" or "you are so adorable and also so pathetic it hurts" or "I pity you" (in the troll sense of the word) or "I forgive you for this because I love you and I knew you would probably do this but fuck me don't do it again". Oh, and in the RP, Valiska is Ford's wife.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like x 2
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

that's a very good point, all of it. :D

(though i don't think i ever said - or at least, i didn't mean - that you never criticize him. what i was going for was more along the lines of "you don't criticize him that harshly and generally are like, "nope" when other people criticize him that harshly." like, it's one thing to say, "fracking the triangle demon was a horrible idea that messed up ford's life" and yet another to say, [i'm paraphrasing from what i remember of ford hate here], "ford is an egoist who doesn't love anybody and deliberately tried to separate the pines twins." so yeah... it's a matter of degrees of criticism, not a binary Criticize Him Never or Criticize Him Every Time He Breathes thing.)

and yeah, adhd certainly runs in my family. both my brothers have it and my dad is speculated to have it (i think he is, anyway).

3. cleverThylacine

Also, I feel you about pills. I didn't learn to swallow pills until the doctor told me in no uncertain terms at the age of 16 that you cannot get birth control pills in a liquid form. (I am an old lady, so they did not have Norplant or shots when I was 16, otherwise I might have never learned!)

I started swallowing pills with birth control because I had to and they're very tiny. I have a small mouth, an impressive gag reflex and asthma that means I am terrified of swallowing things the wrong way plus a fair amount of sensory problems. This is how I learned: I would take a giant mouthful of water and put the BC pill in the middle of it, then hurriedly swallow the water and wash the pill down so it didn't touch my throat. After I got comfortable with BC pills I tried some larger ones.

I still have trouble with very large and round pills like mucinex (I take the generic because the caplets are easier) but my point is that this is a skill. You could start trying it with rolled up bits of bread or something and a lot of water and work your way up to the larger sizes.

Ritalin comes in very small, birth-control sized pills, so if that's a good med for you (I have to take concerta because ritalin wears off in 2 hours) you might do OK starting there?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. cleverThylacine

It's OK :) I got what you mean. :) (I never used to understand how people could have such big blocked lists on tumblr till I realised that blocking people didn't have to be a thing done out of hate, just a way of ensuring that you never again read someone's particularly hateful opinions again.)

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

those three things i put in the quote... yeah, i've got those. which yeah, probably explains the pill thing, even with my apparently good swallowing ability.

those are good suggestions for swallowing pills, though 'cause of my sensory issues, which limit me to about six foods that i can tolerate (which is, yes, a very small number), i probably won't be able to do the bread one.

:D i'm glad you got what i meant there. i was worried that it hadn't come across right, that you thought i was misinterpreting you more than i actually was.

6. cleverThylacine

Anything about the right size. I can eat most foods (not wheat bread because celiac) so not the same sensory issues, but the thing is, it needs to feel like you're just swallowing water. :)

• Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix hmm... that's good. i assume "like you're just swallowing water" means "it's about the same amount of effort to swallow as water," since bread isn't a liquid.

8. cleverThylacine

I mean you put it in a really big gulp of water so you don't feel it at all, starting with something tiny and working up to larger sizes as you get the hang of it.

9. unknownanonymous

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice