I'm on the Internet 'Cause I'm an Internet Thug

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by mericorn, Feb 13, 2019.

1. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

I gotta stop asking for opinions when I just want compliments. Still, it's also considered rude to yell, "GIVE ME COMPLIMENTS! TELL ME THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND YOU LIKED IT!" at people.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

I like talking to my therapist.

• Like x 4
  3. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

There really are people who go on Twitter and just argue about politics and actually like it?

Wild.

• Agree x 1
  4. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Stardew Valley on Mac: controls too difficult, can't play good

Stardew Valley on Switch: I AM ONE WITH THE MACHINE AND THIS GIANT GAMEBOY WILL NEVER LEAVE MY HANDS except when it needs to charge

• Like x 1
  5. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Still mad at the Homestuck Epilogue

I thought that was dumb and bad of me but then I realized it's only been 1 and a half months since it's been out and I've been following Homestuck since 2012. So. Yeah.

I've been playing Stardew Valley a lot and am almost finished with year 2. I married Leah and I have 3/5 skills maxed out. So doing really well! Will start over on the combat map next.

I also have watched most of Cells at Work. (I am habitually late to most things.) It's really good. Red blood cell/white blood cell is such a good ship. I like learning about all the different cells in the human body, and it makes me want to learn about them further. (Where did red blood cells' mitochondria go? Where do they get glucose from?)

• Like x 1
  6. (Good to see you here! Been a while. Also big mood re. The Epilogue)

7. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

@tickingnectarine

I do still lurk here sometimes when not posting, but I feel like I don't know what's worth posting vs what's too much ruminating, in my case. I also don't post too much in threads other than my blog. The most popular threads here are metatextual threads or general threads and those are difficult for me to respond to.

I want to talk about the Epilogues and what I didn't like about them, but I'm afraid I will become gradually petty and incoherent and I don't really want to tango with others trying to persuade me to like the epilogues.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. Hmm. Well, you can post whatever you want here, if you aren’t sure you should post it in the main threads. And if you’re worried about people trying to change your mind on the epilogues I’d say either do that here too, or PM someone you trust will just. Listen to you, not argue about it.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

[​IMG]
    From the fic "Tales of Dubious Authenticity"

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

At my grandparents' house. A little jetlagged but fine. My grandpa's memory is going more than it has. This might be the last time I see him.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Marie Callender Strawberry pie is tasty. Would eat it by myself.

• Like x 1
  12. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Sent postcards to my friends while drinking fruit tea and a crepe cake. I like sending postcards. People seem to like them and they're easy to send.

• Like x 1
  13. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Stupid reddit. Thanks to a certain thread that will go unlinked, I've come to the conclusion that heterosexual men do not want to be and will not be friends with women.

There's probably a lot to think about here, what how a lot of heterosexual men don't have or think they don't need to have emotional vulnerability to have a friendship, while heterosexual women do, broadly speaking, of course.

I don't like this.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Better news: I helped make delicious pasties and ate them with a bunch of ketchup.

• Like x 2
  15. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Was hiking a lot. Took many pictures of plants and landscapes. I have a blister on my heel but I'm doing ok. Love sleeeping on new mattresses, hoo boy.

• Like x 1
  16. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Uh I'm back. Actually I've been back home since last Wednesday but got The Worst Cold. Seriously, I can't remember the last time a cold kicked my ass so hard.

Anyway, the reason I am posting right now is because I watched the saddest short documentary about a guy who lived two lives, an internet and regular family life, and never got to reconcile them together because he died of cancer.

Here's the sadness:

I think this resonates with me so much because, well, I have the same sort of life. Or, at least, I watch it unfold.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Sad re. the video and living a double life, but welcome back!

18. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Still tired. I want to sleep.

However! I did fold and put away laundry and put my suitcase away. Ready to to start Marie Kondo style tidying again. Next is... my stuffed animals. Probably .

• Like x 1
  19. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

Blocking things about antis is good self care. Knowing about awful things people do isn't going to help me, nor do I feel like trying to change them. Ergo, out it goes.

Uh, I actually started KonMari in earnest this month. I got through clothes, books, most papers, and skincare. Tackling art supplies is overwhelming, between recycling/reusing/donating guilt and literal toxic waste (shout out to spray paint and oil paints). It might be better to do a different set of things... but literal paper still needs to go...

One thing this exercise has hammered to me is that my mom's living style and my style is incompatible. Having too many things I don't need nor like is a burden. My mom, however, keeps buying shit we either already have or don't need. (We're good on laundry detergent for like, a year.)

I know some people on the forum were apprehensive about KonMari. I respect that. I think I come from the opposite failure state than what they were raised in, with stacks and stacks of stuff we can't get rid of because of fear and guilt, no clear, clean flat surfaces, and things we forgot about long ago.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice