image hosting on kintsugi?

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Jean, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Hello! I am having trouble with putting my art up on ao3; the links are breaking and as a result the art is disappearing. I was at a loss as to where to host the art. I don't know if hosting it here to desplay on ao3 would work or be allowed, so I thought i would ask. I also did not think this fits into any of the pre-established threads, but if it did and i missed it, then sorry about that.

If hosting it here is not an option, would anyone be willing to share if they know any somewhere better to use? I could use tumblr but I am wary of that site getting up to some fuckery and the pictures disapearing anyway.

2. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

There is no promise that any image hosting will stay as long as you want it to, but I use ImgBB or Imgur to host images for free.

• Informative x 1
  3. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Thanks so much! That is about what i was expecting, and I am glad to know for sure.

And thank you for the reccomendation! I really did not know where to start. Hence my thinking of here.

4. KingdomByTheSea

KingdomByTheSea Well-Known Member

You can also host fanart on Squidgeworld as long as it's not sexual content with underage characters - I don't use it myself, but it does have the occasional downtime as it's run off servers out of one guy's house. The site has been around for a while so it seems pretty reliable other than that. https://images.squidge.org/

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i use postimages.org!

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

i use deviantart's sta.sh in a pinch! i know it's not like. the best place to rely on, but if you already have a deviantart account, it does the job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice