inarticulate enthusiasm and complaining

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by vuatson, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

HELL YEAH FREN!! I'm sending you all my support for your writing! <3

• Like x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

thank you!!!!!! :D

• Like x 1
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

spent a good third of my workday writing fanfiction while operating heavy machinery

• Winner x 2
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

writing fight scenes is hard

writing dialogue is hard

the thing I’m trying to write is 40% fight scenes and contains very little dialogue, but the dialogue that is there needs to be just right

writing is hard

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

wrote just about a thousand usable words over the past couple days!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ haven't edited them yet but i am feeling good

also the fic has 300 hits and 55 kudos :D

• Winner x 4
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    my sibling shaming me for not writing fast enough

• Witnessed x 3
  7. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Sib coming out of their well to shame writerkind

• Agree x 3
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

today I went rockhounding for the first time and also posted the next chapter of my fic :)

• Winner x 3
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the problem with writing this fic or really any fic in my current fandom is I don't know how the fuck not to give everyone the exact same tragic backstory

we got a bunch of people mostly late teens to late 20s with a couple as young as 16, none of whom have any canonically mentioned family or parents or anything, all of whom (in my AU anyway) work doing a very dangerous job that a) takes them past the edges of civilization for long stretches of time alone or with maybe one or two other people but with no way of contacting anyone else and b) happens to clear the criminal record of anyone who signs up for it (at least of most crimes) and override previous political affiliations, and they all chose this job voluntarily

AND when they end up settling on this one world together they immediately form found families and then start having ridiculous amounts of drama that all makes it really obvious what kinds of trauma they likely had in their past

they all want to be orphans whose homes were destroyed by war at a young age! all of them! I can't have like 20 of those it is excessive!! I wasn't even going to put any major wars in the recent past of this AU and even if I was I don't want them all to have that preexisting connection!!! can you guys please be different kinds of subtly tragic!!!!!

• Witnessed x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

someone left me a 5 paragraph comment... they said they reread my fic like every other day... they said they're gonna make me fanart......

I Have Expired

• Winner x 5
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

people keep saying nice things about my fic and I can’t Handle it

• Winner x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 5
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Winner x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

omg I love that about minecraft!! and videogames in general tbh. people are like, no body language available in this medium? FINE I will make my own and then they do and it is very sweet <3 thank you!!! :D

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

TOOFS ACQUIRED
    [​IMG]
    2 of em were normal and 2 had weird fused roots. gonna see what a friend who makes jewelry thinks :)

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I think this is the best picture of myself i have ever taken
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  18. Acey

Ohhhh my gosh I ADORE your hair, the color is so pretty and it suits your complexion and eyes really well!! What dye did you use? :0c

• Like x 1
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

thank you!! :D the brand is Splat, and I can't remember the color but it was the blue half of a blue and purple ombre kit. I left it in for I think like 2 and a half hours. Splat is a good brand, they haven't let me down yet

• Informative x 1
  20. Acey

Okay that’s genuinely wild because I’ve never had luck with Splat myself?? Maybe it’s a hair texture thing—brands that work great for some people seem to not work for others and vice-versa, and I truly don’t know why that’s a thing. It’s so weird.

I’m really glad you’ve found one that works so well for you though! :D

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice