Insomnia Whinging Hole

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by vegacoyote, Mar 2, 2015.

1. @Emma I don't think I can accurately express how grateful I am for that info, thank you so much

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

@genderfluid-he-she-it You're welcome. I know I was terrifically grateful for the info the time I had tonsillitis and the nurse recommended it to me. Life was not fun when it hurt to eat.

3. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

bluuuuuuuuh. BLLLUUUUUUUUHHHH. FUCK YOU, 4 IN THE MORNING. FUCK YOU FOREVER.

4. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

went to sleep, woke up three hours later with awful stressy dreams. fuck off stressy bad dreams.

• Like x 1
  5. vegacoyote

guh
    it's not even insomnia this time
    it's that, every time i try to turn off the computer, i start going on a crying jag because i'm alone
    tried getting on skype on my phone, turns out my phone's forgotten my skype password which is too bad because so have i
    like, i legit feel like i could have got to sleep earlier, after i took my pills, because i was sleepy, but then crying jags
    i should have let me cry myself out, like they do with babies.
    alas i have no willpower so i'm back on immediately.
    fuck me
    the above being an expression of self loathing rather than exasperation or an injunction to action

6. vegacoyote

wait what's injunction mean i can't remember now i might be thinking of the wrong workd dammit

7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Sorta fuzzy, not quite here. Like some of my usual anxieties are worn out. I'm staying up to experience their absense and sorta dreading sleeping, since that would reset me back to normal. I know allnightng it is terrible for me...

• Like x 1
  8. Emma

@vegacoyote What works for me when I feel like that is watching TV/youtube on my laptop from my bed (don't know if that works for you) until I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Then you can either just fall asleep while stuff plays in the background, or close the laptop, turn over and go to bed. It's important that you have a steady stream of stuff to watch, so I suggest some sort of playlist be made. Also, I find that funny stuff/upbeat stuff is the best.

• Like x 1
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Ahhhhhh I don't want my blood drawn or anything tomorrow. ;_; It's not the only reason I'm having trouble sleeping but it's definitely one.

10. vegacoyote

I missed meds
    and now my sleep schedule is fucked up
    and I sleeps all day
    and I can't sleep now
    and I hate it
    and I hate everything everythwhere
    and I can't even play fucking minecraft because I lag out every time because apparently our new router's a piece of shit and I shall be telling every person who said I was making a big deal of nothing that they were wrong so fuck them
    actually no i wont but fuck them along with everything else when i can't sleep and also hate everything

11. Mattias

Mattias Well-Known Member

It's ten thirty in the morning and I never went to bed and I probably won't until at least tonight, if I even manage to get any sleep tonight. Also, I ate nothing but cookies yesterday. Being an adult is great.

I start feeling the effects of sleep deprivation when I've been up for like eighteen hours, but I don't actually feel sleepy. I do have medication to help me sleep (before it I never got any sleep at all), but it doesn't work very well. I can't sleep until I've been up for an absolute minimum of 24 hours and usually more like 48 hours. And then I fall asleep at weird hours and sleep for anywhere from 2 hours to like 14 hours. It's really disruptive and makes it hard for me to plan on being anywhere, because sometimes I will just get so tired that I can't keep my eyes open anymore and fall asleep at 2 pm regardless of whether or not I have an appointment or commitments.

It doesn't actually matter that I don't sleep regularly, because I'm unable to go to work or school. So after the first 24 hours is up, I mostly just read stuff on the internet without following it very well or remembering much of it. I would talk to people, but I can't tell how much sense I'm making and it's hard for me to respond appropriately or stay on topic at the best of times, so I mostly don't to anyone for fear of screwing up. Scrolling Tumblr passes the time, I guess, but sleep deprivation makes the days pretty long.

• Like x 1
  12. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Husband has rotating work schedule. It's now halfway through the 10p to 8a shift. My sleep schedule syncs with his because my internal monitoring systems are completely useless and just take advice from random passerby.

"Eh, his sleep schedule seems to work for him, let's do that."
    Please no, I have the opening shift.
    "You've hung around with her for more than sixteen hours in a week, let's follow her cycle!"
    No no no nonononooooo jegus dick it's been two weeks what the fuck?! Fuck.

• Like x 1
  13. dorkfang

dorkfang not here

My sleeping schedule is absolutely ridiculous. I think it's been about three months since I was last able to fall asleep before the sun came up without having to take a sleeping pill, but I don't like to take one the night before I have to do something because they pretty much knock me on my ass. It doesn't seem to matter how long I've been awake or anything else (my mom keeps telling me it's because I don't get enough exercise, but like... I work out four times a week, how much more do I need to get??). Plus my medicine makes me ravenously hungry and I've gained fifteen pounds since I started it. Blehh. /complain

14. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Ugh okay. I took a nap this afternoon and had a horrible nightmare. I don't remember it AT ALL, I just know I literally woke up whimpering and with my heart pounding and it took me a long time to get down from it. I have the vague impression it involved medical stuff, loss of identity and autonomy and my abusive mom.

I hadn’t experienced something like that in a while, and now I’m afraid to go to sleep again. I turned on my pretty lamp shaped like a cherry tree to relax. Hadn’t needed to do that in almost a year, but I was just too afraid of the dark. Sti not entirely unafraid, but woth kitties and the light and my plush seal to cuddle with I will hopefully be able to at least fall asleep!

• Like x 1
  15. NumiTuziNeru

NumiTuziNeru @#$%?

it is almost 6 am and I am lying in bed completely lucid and utterly unable to sleep despite yawning like a mofo
    istg I am going to eat myself

16. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

My sleeps schedule is fucked up right now, so I'm sitting on the couch reading self insert Durarara fic, because even though I have better things to do I can't concentrate on them.

17. Mattias

Mattias Well-Known Member

It's six thirty in the morning, and I would like to go to bed, but I'm still wide awake. Thanks, brain.

18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

THREE HOURS I've been tossing and turning without being able to catch a single Z. I have to wake up in 5 hours. This is suboptimal.

• Like x 2
  19. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I need to sleep. But I am not. My internal clock is fucked up.

20. Emma

I as awake at 7.30 on a Saturday >.< Which was very much not what I had planned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice