[Interest/OOC] The City of Hex needs YOU [nWoDish]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Starcrossedsky, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO KINTSUGI. I need your help for a thing!

The TLDR: I have a game I want to run on Dreamwidth. For those of you not familiar with the format, DWRP tends towards the panfandom and group type of RP, and most games are of the "your characters are all trapped in a specific setting that's new to them" format (fondly called jamjars). It's basically similar to forum RP, except running across a larger number of individual threads in parallel (and generally playing fast and loose with thread time because of that).

The game I specifically want to run is a jamjar based off the New World of Darkness (which they're now calling Chronicles of Darkness, but bugger updating literally all of my text to that), which, for those of you who haven't heard me rant about it before, is a storytelling-type tabletop game. It's very much designed for a DM-and-players style of RP.

So, I have a job of trying to bridge the two. And while it's certainly possible - I've been in games that made it work before - it's. uh. a lot of work, and I'm not sure how much power/attention I would have for it?

So I'd like to run a bit of a test here, on Kintsugi, where virtually no DWRPers will witness my embarrassment if I fall on my face wrt to keeping up with things. So, uh, anyone want to contribute a character (OC or fandom, doesn't matter) to a short world-of-darkness style exploration adventure?

The full game info is here (as non-DWRP people you mostly need to read the premise, FAQ, setting, rewinding time, and WoD for Newbies pages).

• Like x 2
  2. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I have interest, but do not presently have time to do the reading, so I'll commit fully (or drop out) when I have done so

• Like x 1
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i might be interested, though i am a bit nervous.

4. gel_pens

gel_pens Semi-pro Worrier

This seems interesting! I haven't read everything yet but put me down as a tentative yes.

5. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I'd like to give it a shot, at least.

6. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

7. Starcrossedsky

Nervous about what? <- wants to make everything as EASY for people as possible.

• Like x 1
  8. unknownanonymous

hmmm... it's hard to explain. i think i'm worried that i'll be really bad at it, or that i'll mess up stuff related to the particular setting. just generally about my own abilities and stuff. like, i bet it would be a lot of fun, i'm not worried about that part. it's more, well, issues with my confidence, internal issues not external game issues.

9. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I've started on the reading and it all sounds super interesting, so consider me fully committed!

10. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

So... what should we think about for characters? Have in mind what kind of WoD critter they'd be?

11. Starcrossedsky

Do not worry about setting stuff. I have a general outline of what it's like but as a whole I'm playing very fast and loose with the WoD setting materials.

Sure, if you want! Or just throw them in straight from canon in classic jamjar style. This is intended to be a short test run, not the full extended game as it'll be featured on Dreamwidth; those games usually last upwards of years. Like, my first DWRP, Tower of Animus, was a little over three years from start to finish and that's considered fairly short for a game that goes its full plot run. You don't have to worry about WoD creatures and memory decay unless you really want to.

• Like x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

:D thanks!

and hmmm... characters apparently get nerfed bit-by-bit by dying, but the thing about @Norm the Genie, who i would play in this, is that he really needs nerfing and he canonically is immortal, literally can't-die-ever. so... that might be a problem.

13. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I gather characters can be nerfed by things other than dying, and immortality is probably one of the first powers the God-Machine would want to take

ETA
    Oh, I have a couple of questions, one of them related to this "powers" thing

I would probably use Katters again for this, and she doesn't ... really have any powers, per se, particularly not anything she'd really notice if they were taken away. I assume that wouldn't be a problem? Or should I play someone else?

Also, if we enjoy the brief test game is it okay if we want to join in on the full game, or would you rather things be kept separated?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Like x 3
  14. Starcrossedsky

As @mek said there are other ways characters lose memories/etc, and immortality would quickly degrade into just becoming one of the hardier kinds of WoD creatures (it's really hard to kill, for example, a werewolf, a promethean, or a vampire-by-means-other-than-fire-or-sunlight).

No powers characters are not a problem! They just become normal humans, pretty much.

And yes you are absolutely welcome if you want to come to the Dreamwidth version! I am vaguely planning for certain parts of the test run to be canon to that, actually, though, so expect that you will get <i>plot</i> loaded on you when you app.

• Like x 2
  15. unknownanonymous

:D thanks!

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I am already in one Dreamwidth dressing room, a game here, and considering a Dreamwidth game... but this sounds of interest. I'm at least going to lurk in this thread to popcorn.gif and comment on things.

17. Starcrossedsky

which DW game

18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Interstellar
    The Sans there is apparently looking for a Papyrus, and somebody on my Plurk timeline is trying to enable me to app the next app cycle.

19. Starcrossedsky

Interstellar seems to be pretty good people but I only know like two people there, have fun!

20. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

We'll have to discuss this when things get rolling, because there are a couple of options that may fit Katters better than normal humans, though if her mostly-powerless status condemns her to future humanity, I don't have a huge problem with it or anything

I am probably fine with this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice