[Interest/OOC] The City of Hex needs YOU [nWoDish]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Starcrossedsky, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Well, I mean, everyone is stigmatic to start with (and I need to put that into the Chart, note to Nai). But if you've got ideas, go ahead and throw them out, it's your character and I'm always interested.

2. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

She is canonically a werewolf (just a very shitty one), so naturally a werewolf might be a good fit. She's also a little (a lot) homicidal and prone to being too curious for her own good, so hunter sounds like it could also work.

3. Starcrossedsky

Hunter is a definite possibility and I would love to have more hunters involved.

4. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Sounds good to me!

5. Starcrossedsky

Okay so INTERESTED FOLKS, when do you want to get started?

6. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Are we going to need to do some kind of character sheet or application, or do you not need those for the test run?

If yes, I'll need at least a couple days (character sheets for some reason are always very difficult for me), if not then I am up for whenever everyone else is ready

7. Starcrossedsky

Nope, nothing required for the test run but ya'll's butts in here, though a paragraph or two of what your character is/is like would be appreciated.

This is like one of those convention tabletop sessions with a bunch of strangers crowded around a table to play a short adventure in an hour, basically.

• Like x 3
  8. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I'm dithering about what character to use. Probably an FMA character, most likely either Izumi Curtis (probably sin-eater) or Olivier Armstrong (probably hunter?)

• Like x 2
  9. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Hey, is this City of Hex stuff an established World of Darkness setting or is it an original concept? I went looking to see if I could do some more reading on it but I couldn't find anything, and I can't tell if that's because my search-fu is weak or because there isn't anything to find. My current experiences with World of Darkness is limited to a mild exposure to Vampire: the Masquerade, mostly via the video game.

10. Starcrossedsky

THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND. Canonical nWoD takes place in an alter-Earth. Hex most distinctly does not.

#there is an explanation why #but like hell I'm spoiling that #though in the infamous words of Rich Burlew #it is possible to guess

11. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

shakefish.gif

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  12. Starcrossedsky

Okay, how bout a Friday start? That gives everyone (including me) plenty of time to get their behinds together.

• Like x 2
  13. Starcrossedsky

OKAY FOLKS people who are planning on playing: tell me who you're playing?

14. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

15. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Tiffany “Katters” Jones
    Warning: Do Not Call Her Tiffany​
    Personality:
    Katters is friendly, funny, loyal, and protective, if you manage to avoid her bad side.
    She is all bad side.
    Katters is violent and paranoid. She’s very willing to resort to murder if she thinks it’ll solve her problems — if she thinks she can get away with it, it’s generally her first resort. She does not usually think she can get away with it.
    She’s painfully stubborn, and impulsive. She jumps to conclusions like it’s a thing to do, and it will be a cold day in Hell the day she admits she may be wrong.
    She’s competetive, and willing and able to cheat, mostly because she’s sure her opponent is also going to cheat. She does not trust easily, or ever.
    She gets very enthusiastic about things she doesn’t know, but which she thinks she can figure out — she’s a fan of general SCIENCE!! and likes to take things apart to see how they work. Similarly, she enjoys coming up with solutions to problems and gets just as enthusiastic about explaining those. You could say she likes puzzles.
    She has a general interest in biology, anatomy, and medicine.​
    History:
    When Katters’ birth parents were killed in a freak wolf-related incident, she was adopted by a pair of humans who knew absolutely nothing about kets. They did their best to raise Katters, but their best turned out to be kind of abusive, and so Katters grew up not only divorced of her species and culture, but also with a matching set of baggage including intimacy issues and poor self-esteem. As a teenager, she ran away from home and never looked back.
    Unfortunately, she did not have any sort of plan as to what to do once she was away from her hometown, and ended up starving on the streets of Snowtown for a time before becoming involved in a freak murder-related incident. She was caught, arrested, and sent to an asylum for troubled teens, where she was treated poorly.
    At 18, Katters was deemed fit to re-enter society and, while not entirely mentally sound, she did leave the asylum equipped with handy-dandy coping mechanisms. She enrolled in med school for a time, but dropped out when she met Zebra and decided to open a combination pie and barber shop with him.​
    ”Powers”:
    • Werewolf
    • Can regenerate lost body parts over a period of weeks or months
    • Exothermic
    • Night vision
    • Hella jaw strength
    • Can digest anything
    • Other species traits from being a ket
    • Seriously basically none of these would she notice going missing. Do you pay any attention to the method by which you are currently regulating your body temperature? Why would you expect her to?
    Bonus: More information than you could possibly want
    Bonus: Katters in action

16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

When is this happening? I'd like to do it but I'd need to make sure that I don't have any prior commitments during.

17. Starcrossedsky

It's thread-based, not session-based, so "whenever you have time" p much

18. strictly quadrilateral

Alright, I'll type up some character stuff then : D

• Like x 2
  19. Starcrossedsky

[fiddles with how this little beta adventure fits into canon]

• Like x 1
  20. strictly quadrilateral

Nat Richards:

She's an OC from the comic Wes and I are making, in which people with superpowers are pretty much the scum of society because of some interesting historical shit. I can go into more detail if need be, but suffice it to say that if you get superpowers you're not going to get a long happy life to go with.

Her timeline is pretty hammered out so I could pull her from any number of times in it, but I'm going to go as early as possible; a few months before this, she's nearly shot and gains superpowers. She's invisible, now, with no control over it. She hasn't seen her own face in months and frankly is starting to forget it. She's been searching for the people that gained powers with her, that share a mindlink with her, for maybe a month now. She hasn't yet found any of them, and I think she'd basically lose the signal in this world. It'll be interesting to see if she gives up on ever finding them.

Other than the invisibility, she's pretty much baseline human.

I wasn't sure exactly what you needed, if you need anything else let me know.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice