Is this setting of interest to anyone as an rp setting?

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by mysubaccount, Feb 25, 2015.

1. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

(I'm testing the sub-account feature.)

I'm sort of confused about how this forum is supposed to work but I had this idea for a setting and nothing that I was going to do with it myself on my own. And when seebs made this forum the forum reminded me strongly of the setting idea. Is there some kind of procedure for suggesting a possible rp setting that people here might want to play with?

(The idea, which, I'm not sure how original this is or if it really is interesting and actually I'm just here to test the subaccount feature, but the idea is this: there's this island, basically mediterranean sort of climate, maybe the size of a small town. There are two magical things about it. First, that it's impossible to see or locate if there are inhabitants who don't want you to see it. Second, that it was populated by this magical benevolent force that snatched people up out of horrible situations by magic and dumped them in another universe with less horror. So they have to figure out how to live with each other now, and how to be less bad than their home societies. And what they come up with is that their society's "mission statement" is basically that they know things sometimes suck but they'll make beauty out of everything they possibly can and make it possible for people there to enjoy life. Even if they can't fix the whole multiverse they can have their literal little island of beauty. And that's as far as I've gotten.)

• Like x 1
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

It's a jamjar -

We mostly air ideas over in the general OOC thread, but I don't really think there's a protocol for it yet.

3. mysubaccount

Oh, should I post this over there? (If it's even worth it, I was really just looking for an excuse to post something to test the feature and I have no real confidence in the idea.)

4. Starcrossedsky

I think you're fine, subanon. Like I said, there's not really protocol yet.

THAT SAID, it does give me cool ideas wrt using sub accounts to post as a character.

• Like x 2
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I love this idea, it´s basically this forum in RP form.

6. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

That seems wicked nice.

7. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

sounds like seebs.
    should be fun.
    huh subaccounts as characters.
    i'd write who they are in my descrip then.

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Handy! Especially for people who are just browsing, just joining, or were away from the game a while and need a refresher on who's who.

9. mysubaccount

Wasn't that a feature of the old LJ rps? They'd create a new account for each character they were claiming, and they'd have the icon(s) be that character. Simpler here than there, though!

So I see there is some interest in the setting, too. In that case, I have a couple of questions: 1. I could probably make a map or something but maybe half the fun is in the collaborative worldbuilding; what do you think? 2. Should we take it from the very beginning, or something else?

10. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

I just go with the flew in rps.
    realize that's not very helpful

11. Starcrossedsky

Journal style RP is still going strong, we just all moved to Dreamwidth, so: yes, that is exactly what we do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice