ISLE OF LESBOS 2.0 BITCH - wlw shipping thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by a small fis)(, Feb 18, 2017.

1. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

You are not the only one! Girl Friends is adorable. :3 Morinaga Milk's other stuff is good too.

Oh, and seconding the previous Nishi Uko rec. Her art is so dang pretty.

• Like x 1
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

In particular, Nishi Uko's art is pretty and also not moe-blob. Big shoujo eyes are great and all, but it's nice to get a different art style sometimes.

• Like x 2
  3. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I'm reading some Nishi Uko stuff now and I like it! Her art style is super nice

• Like x 1
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

• Like x 11
  5. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

:D I'm 40 pages in and Tattletale is my favorite character. "The flag must not get wet."

• Like x 1
  6. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Hey, is it okay if I post something I did in here?

It's a brief writing experiment, about six hundred words long. I was remembering this one post I'd seen on tumblr, talking about how nonwhite women often tend to get described in terms of consumables (coffee, chocolate, cinnamon, etc.) in an uncomfortably oversexualized, fetishistic kind of way, and out of curiosity I decided to see if I could manage to evoke that feeling of 'this lady is so hot, my useless lesbian ass nearly walked into traffic I was so busy staring at her' without falling into that.

Don't really have anywhere else to post it, and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it, but I don't want to make things weird if this is just for fan stuff.

• Like x 3
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

...Remind me to geek out over Damarrim when I get home.

ALSO LIKE EVERY GAY SU SHIP

WHICH IS MOST SU SHIPS

• Like x 4
  8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Okay, I'm gonna take the fact that someone liked my post as a 'yes', let me know if you want me to move this somewhere else.

"At the sound of the automatic doors swishing open, she turned to say hello to her brother’s guests and was abruptly eight years old again. It was one of those carefully preserved little fragments of memory, like a crystal packed away in a box of cotton wool. Not the full story of that entire week, or even that particular day, but a lone snapshot of a singular moment, every detail still strangely, stunningly clear.

It had been close to midnight, in the heat of deep summer, with everyone else in the house still asleep. There’d been a storm earlier, but it had washed itself away in the course of the evening, and she’d slowly drifted out of some forgotten dream to wonder at the absence of the rain drumming on the rooftop that she’d gone to bed hearing. She had padded quietly over to the window, and opened it to look out on a perfect little scene that had never quite left her mind. She’d stared up into the wonderful height of the sky for a full minute, before reluctantly shutting the window in case someone heard the wind blowing through it and came to shout at her for letting in the bugs.

It was hard to say exactly what about that moment had struck her so deeply, but it held her again now because the woman who was standing to the right of her twin was, she could swear, that moment made flesh.

From the night sky of her skin, to the long clean lines of her limbs, to the gentle grace that she moved with- every bit the soft breeze of summer, flowing easily and without hesitation. Her hair was the curling remains of the dark clouds, rising up around her head in a nebulous halo, framing the sharp white crescent moon of her smile. And with the smile, there it was, the low and lovely trilling of the cicadas in her laugh.

Folding her hands tightly together, she shook off the urge to yell at her brother and the young man to his left, to ask them how they could act as though the living summer wasn’t standing next to them. She wasn’t a child leaning out on her windowsill anymore, she was twenty, and twenty was too old by far to burst into sudden outbreaks of poetry at every beautiful woman who walked by, even if you had just come face to face with a glorious July evening without any warning.

Grimly, she recognized the signs of an impending crush, long experience teaching her it was already far too late to push it aside unheeded. By now the only thing to do was get to know her, and hope that it faded into something less distracting with the help of time and familiarity, maybe make a friend if things worked out well enough. If they didn’t, well… perhaps she’d turn out to be the kind of person who kicked dogs, or laughed at children when they stuttered. A depressing thought, certainly, but at least it would be a quick cure for all this fluttery nonsense.

She just prayed it wouldn’t be as persistent as the last time she’d been lost in sonnets over a girl. That particular trial had lasted all four years of high school, and would probably still be going strong if the object of her affections hadn’t elbowed her offstage at graduation on purpose. Looking back, it was hard to see how she could have missed how nasty a sense of humor her classmate had always had, but at least then she’d had the excuse of being a teenager.

Well, it wasn’t an excuse now. Taking a deep breath and smiling gently at her own ridiculous heart, she stepped forward during a pause in the conversation and opened her mouth to tell the summer night ‘hello’."

• Like x 7
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 2
  10. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i looked up one series from this thread on amazon and now my homepage is just this
    Untitled.png

• Like x 9
  11. Morven

They're onto you. They know what tempts. Your wallet hates you.

• Like x 6
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I SHIP A WOMAN AND HER BLANKET THAT USED TO BE ANOTHER WOMAN

• Like x 6
  13. shmeed

shmeed plant me

please elaborate i am insufferably curious

• Like x 2
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Aerulan died and had her blood woven into her death-banner. Attaching her soul to the thing. It is now in Brenwyr's keeping. She exploded someone's pants with RAGE when it was finally brought to her because how dare you even take her in the first fucking place NOW HAND HER OVER BOY OR ELSE.

• Like x 5
  15. Morven

To explain further, Brenwyr, the lover of Aerulan, is a maledight, one who curses with words. One of the few ever allowed to reach adulthood, most such are murdered by their families because they are so dangerous. Imagine how a Tumblr teenager would go with the ability to say "DIE" and someone drops dead.

• Like x 4
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    [X]

• Like x 7
  17. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

I ship basically all combinations of Stephanie Brown, Cass Cain, and Tam Fox. And sometimes Pru, but in a not-quite-on-the-same-side sexual frustration you-make-me-want-to-hit-you-but-you're-so-hot kind of way.

• Like x 1
  18. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

In the category of "unexpected but should have seen it coming because don't I know myself by now":

Just finished binge-watching an entire LP of RE7 today. Mia/Zoe dynamic potential 10/10, living forever in my alternate world where this was a thing.

also you know probably assisted by the fact I found ethan less interesting than my morning toast bye ethan hi zoe hi mia now suffer... together

19. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

amedot, lapidot, pearlrose, rupphire, you know the usual, a lot of the big su ships.

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i have a really weird ship, in that it involves an OC for a fandom i'm not in, shipped with a character from the same fandom, because of a song linked in the fic with the OC, which I found via a wiki walk one day when i was bored.

it's dainty dish/RD.

EDIT: fic is Higher Flier OR My Little Blackbird. Exactly that spelling, capitalization and all. there is a sequel shipping the anthropomorph of a russian plane with dainty.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice