IT REALLY WAS REAL! The "I saw this so long ago I thought I hallucinated it" thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I think it's called Keijo or something? I could be wrong, I haven't watched, but I remember the kerfuffle and I think that was the name.

• Like x 1
  2. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

https://www.baen.com/Chapters/0743498747/0743498747___2.htm this is not exactly what you described, but it is what the thing you described makes me think of, plus if you read it in translation, who knows what liberties were taken?

• Like x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

there was a game, i remember everything clearly except the name, and i really want to find it

you played as an easter bunny and had to find all the easter eggs
    2d game, there were upgrades you had to find as well including one that let you fly and iirc one that let you go underwater
    bright colours, the site had a dark background-maybe newgrounds
    there was kinda loud energetic music
    i really liked that game when i was small
    ETA: by bright colours i also mean, cartoony aesthetic, and, very little shading
    i just searched on Newgrounds and it doesn't seem to be there

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I don't know the game, but any in-browser game I can remember and can't find again I personally attribute to Ye Olden Days of bonus.com when it had a crapload of weird small browser games)
    Bonus had a black background which also fits the dark layout? Does the site name ring any bells :/?

5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

bonus.com is now gone so unless that game was mirrored somewhere else it's gone forever :(

ETA: or unless it was some other random small site

6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

this made me want to check the flashgame site i used to play on a lot, friv, which is also dead. #rip early '00s internet.

7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

on the flipside a game i've been looking for for years just got posted to the Flashpoint request list

• Like x 2
  8. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Does anyone else remember the webcomic Flatwood bc it sure doesn’t exist today

There were like 2 chapters of JTHM rip-off art about a hotel in the woods, the woods were filled with a murdercult, a girl named... Bea...trice? Was secretly part if the cult and then a weird/horn/spike emerged from her mouth? No way I imagined all this

9. leitstern

Shit. I am. 75% sure I read this.

It had a weird surreal cover with floating wings + one of the moms didn’t understand the flying creatures were their kids and wanted to kill them all?

10. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

Fuck I don't know?? I genuinely can't even tell if that sounds familiar or not D: I wish the library still kept books in the same place as back then because I DO remember what shelf it was on, but they've redecorated since, so.
    Pretty much the only part I can remember with any kind of clarity is the claws digging into the main character's back (and it leaving scars). It really left an impression on me.

11. leitstern

And I read a book that might have been the same book about halfway through because an elementary (?) school teacher had it on her shelf but we had to ask to borrow it and I was too scared to ask and haven’t thought about it since, so, fuck.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

does anyone here remember a green and black site with lots of MSTs on it?

it's how i first discovered MSTs and i'm feeling nostalgic about it.

13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

there was this game i played when I was about six, a sort of topdown platformer thingy that had an actual physical disc

the main character was a...cricket? grasshopper?

his name was something along the lines of Sparky or Zappy

i can't find it, not even on GoG

ETA: he was orange

14. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

I vaguely remember a book about a girl named Hildalaid? Something like that? Who lived up in the mountains. At some point she went to live with these rich people (relatives?) to get an education, and her... aunt? Insisted on calling her Hilda, because it's easier to pronounce. I remember being furious about that.

15. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

That sounds really similar to Heidi? but hilda also sounds familiar....

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

perhaps it was 'sparx' or 'sparks' or something??? i dunno, we visited my nana and swung by our old house we lived in when i was Tiny and it reminded me of lots of things and now this is Bugging Me

17. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

the only thing that comes to mind with that info is the Sparks world levels in an old Spyro game. Little top down sections of worlds where you'd fight other bugs and crayfish and spiders and stuff to get gems and get through them to clear everything out. As a full game though... hm... I'm not getting any mental hits >:?c

18. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

That does sound really similar to Heidi, and apparently Heidi is short for Adelheid, so maybe that's what you're remembering? There was definitely somethng in there about the family she went to live with not calling her Heidi; in my memory it was because it wasn't a "real Christian name" or something.

• Winner x 1
  19. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

YES that sounds right!

20. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

uhhhhhhh
    i keep thinking about a YA book i can't remember the title of
    kids with supernatural talents--i don't remember the main character's, but there was a girl named raven(?) who could communicate with inanimate objects and a boy named smoke who could teleport. the MC's best friend had super speed because of.. fae blood, iirc, but he couldn't use it too much because it made him more faerie every time he did? i think? smoke ended up working for the enemy, and i think a kid ended up either possessing a robot, dying, or both.

sorry, i know that's absolutely Nothing to go off of

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice