IT REALLY WAS REAL! The "I saw this so long ago I thought I hallucinated it" thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Jan 6, 2017.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

this is the only thing I remembered for ages/still remember and I'm so glad I finally found the fucking name of it. I sang the song and even Nate was like "??!??!!!?? I KNOW THAT. WHAT. WHAT. ELEPHANT. WHAT?? IS IT CALLED????"

• Like x 6
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

The one I actually googled a few months ago was... Okay everyone here is familiar with the Madeline books, right? Twelve little girls in two straight lines, etc etc?

Well there's a Madeline animated movie about the titular little girl being taken and put into slave labor in a lace-making factory that I was completely sure was a fucked up dream until I actually googled it.

• Like x 9
  3. TheMockingCrows

thats one of my favorite movies 8DDDDD

that whole part about the black lace made me so sad as a kid

• Like x 2
  4. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

My mom was TERRIFIED by a Madeline movie when she was a kid. Madeline's Rescue, I think? One of the late 50s short adaptations. She still finds Madeline creepy to this day. :D

5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

weirdly, I watched it about the same time as I read these novels (which have a lacemaking sideplot in later books) and the result was a six month obsession with bobbin lace

(which finally came to its conclusion last year, lmao.)

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Gooey Gus gave me nightmares for years. No one else I've ever talked to has remembered/seen Ghost Writer, I'm so glad it wasn't just me!

I vaguely remember Eureka's Castle! Mostly just the intro, and being sick while watching it (only saw it when I stayed home from school).

I've been trying to remember the name of a sci-fi DOS game that my dad and I played together. It was a text-based adventure game with some basic graphics and had a number of references to popular sci-fi media (Leia's hologram recording, for example). Cannot remember the name and can't find it!

• Like x 2
  7. TheMockingCrows

oh man i remember some kind of educational game that was like.. a haunted house or something? really detailed point and click and i think you can to type things in at certain times in certain orders to advance. back when big ole floppy discs were The Thing still and smaller ones were just coming in. I never got to see the ending..

• Like x 1
  8. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

whats that one disney show with the blue alien boy who has a striped shirt and its animated

9. TheMockingCrows

i wanna say lloyd in space, if google's right?

10. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

YEAH thats it

11. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

that show sure faded into obscurity like i havent even seen it on social media

12. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

OKAY maybe this thread can help me
    when I was a kid
    I saw a Halloween movie/special thing in class.
    and it was like....there were three boys, and they were in the woods at night, and one of them said a name or word they weren't supposed to say, and then saying that thing got them taken away to an underground world which was populated by sentient Halloween beings--like pumpkin people and ghosts and skeletons. and I forget what really happened but there was one scene where the three boys met people they thought were their moms, but when they hugged them, their moms were revealed to the audience to be like...just more Halloween creatures in disguise?? and the movie thing ended with them escaping the Halloween world.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS OR ANYTHING AND I KEEP TRYING TO FIND IT AND I CAN'T AND JUST
    ajdfkls;agdjfl;sa

13. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

14. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I never thought I hallucinated any of this but boy oh boy is this a very weird series of ancient memories I had forgotten about until now.

Also now I'm thinking about a... show? an episode? a movie? an idk about... scooping up the rabbit and bopping him on the head. Little bunny foo foo. But like a very specific live action puppet version I watched on tv at some point where it was acted out.

Brain wat r u doin.

15. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

Mine for a long long time was the Raggedy Anne and Andy cartoon movie where there's animate hungry taffy that wants to eat Anne's candy heart. And there's a part where the characters are restrained by tentacles on a pirate ship and menaced by a pirate queen with a whip. That was, uh. Formative.

Also somebody already made the Candle Cove reference, dammit.

• Like x 2
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

early 2000s. no later than 2004, i think.

interactive website, a tie-in to a tv series maybe? black and green graphics, found-footage-esque backgrounds. a bit marble hornets before its time in style. i remember "deadwood" being the name, but i've never been able to find it.

storyline: kids born on halloween keep going missing. alien abduction is suspected. they get lost in the woods. smallish American town. website is, like, journal entries, log files, maybe a few recordings.

i still remember it haunting little Kay but i loved every second of it. and i never could find it again.

• Like x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I remember one of the muppet movies had a scene where miss piggy crashes through this window on a motorcycle. everyone i talked to about it would swear up and down none of the movies had a scene like that. I remember it very clearly though because i made my mom rewind the tape over and over and ignored most of the rest of the movie til that scene came on.

Also a halloween special that was about a kid learning where halloween comes from and the culture and whatever with (insert monster here, i think. Its a bit fuzzy) and in the end it was because he was on the brink of death from a burst appendix???

18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

The halloween tree, it seems. I was a bit off in my memory. Also lol all i had to do was google halloween cartoon appendix and surprisingly got results other than a goofy prop organ

19. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Deresto I vaguely remembered Miss Piggy on a motorcycle, so I googled it, and it seems like the movie you're thinking of is The Great Muppet Caper.

• Like x 2
  20. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I'm...pretty sure there was a Wee Sing movie where Little Bunny Foo Foo was moping around in the woods and had to go get found by the little girl protag? Bunny Foo Foo having self-exiled on grounds of "I was bopping people over the head, then I got bopped over the head, now I'm gonna go eat worms". He was played by, near as I recall, a dude in a rabbit fursuit. Which made the whole thing slightly more surreal, because "Little" Bunny Foo Foo was about twice the size of the little girl.
    They definitely acted out the whole bit where he explained why he'd self-exiled, complete with singing the Bunny Foo Foo song.

What I'm trying to remember isn't a kids movie at all, I'm pretty sure - I'm not even sure any more that it's actually a thing I really saw and didn't just make up? The bits I recall are that it was an animated movie, and that there was a lady who was out searching for...something, in a radioactive wasteland, and wearing heavy cloak and face cover to avoid getting contaminated with the radiation.
    What makes me pretty sure that it wasn't meant for kids at all is that I also remember a pretty explicit scene where she gets back to her home base and bathes in a giant pool to wash off any radiation. It was also on a VHS tape - I found it while looking for something else, I think. When I went looking for it again, I couldn't find it - if it did really exist, that could just mean that my parents realized that the kids had found it and removed it somewhere harder to access (or got rid of it). (I am reasonably sure that it's not Tank Girl. Which I also saw at an age-inappropriate time, and loved most of. I'd honestly call the art style anime-like, except that I have no idea why or how my parents would have any anime at that point.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice