IT REALLY WAS REAL! The "I saw this so long ago I thought I hallucinated it" thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@turtleDove That's making me think of the last segment of Heavy Metal. That movie is most definitely not for kids. XD

• Like x 2
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

This, maybe? Guy also sings 'nobody knows the trouble I've seen' because he got exiled for being mean, which is a bizarre choice, I now realize.

• Like x 2
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

there was a documentary i saw when i was really, really, really young, about "what would happen if a meteor came from space and killed off humanity," and it caused me to be scared of space for a long time. i recall that it hypothesized that once humans were extinct, rodents would evolve into the dominant sapient species.

i have no idea what it was called but i'm sure it existed and sure it was a documentary 'cause it sounded like a documentary, even though it wasn't about anything that had actually happened in real life.

4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I remember seeing this in... mid-2000s maybe? somewhere in the 2004-2007 range. Specifically I remember the rodent species. Couldn't tell you what it was called but it was on one of the various science channels. Discovery, maybe? In the same series of fantasy documentaries as the one about prehistoric dragons with flammable venom?

• Like x 1
  5. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Yep. Yep that's definitely it.

Boy it's three times creepier than I remember, though, seeing it now.

6. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Just putting out some 90's disneys show here
    So Weird
    The Jersey

.... and theres that one show on nickelodeon where it was like a kids version of tales from the crypt??? Something something in the dark???
    It was like goosebumps but not goosebumps?? Idk :/

7. sirsparklepants

Are You Afraid of The Dark?

• Like x 2
  8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

That show about the girl who could turn into liquid was strange.. I don't remember the name or even watching most of it? But the episodes I caught were so strange.

• Like x 1
  9. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

I can think of a couple of mockumentaries about post-human Earth, (Life After People, The Future is Wild), but I don't think either of them had humans wiped out by a meteorite.

The Secret World of Alex Mack? I didn't like that show because I thought you had to have one or two shows you didn't like, so I picked one of the live action ones, but in hindsight it was okay. I remember it had some ongoing plot about the evil company that spilled the turn-into-liquid liquid onto her trying to find her and... do something bad, I guess.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like x 2
  10. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

YESSSSSS!!!! I always forget what its called! Thank you!!!

11. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

my brother doesn't believe that gumby is real. trying to explain the character to him just creeps him out.

anyway there's a couple of old ms-dos video games i'm looking for that i played a lot in my formative years. the putt-putt series was obvious, but then there was the one that was hosted by... some sort of bug? and you could go to a farm and catch eggs in a basket as one of the minigames?

there was also a teachable one (not math munchers, that game can go get shredded on disc or whatever, bad things) where you could both 1) slice a bar into fractions to make music and 2) engage in coloring of stained-glass/fractal panels?

if anyone knows what those two games are i would really appreciate it.

• Like x 4
  12. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I....I swear to god I saw this in seventh grade in science class because my teacher wanted to not teach on the last day before Christmas break so he showed us that
    but I was a highly anxious wreck back then and ended up having a panic attack and crying the whole bus ride home because I was convinced we were all going to die from a meteor now

• Like x 2
  13. unknownanonymous

yay, you guys remember it too! :D:D:D

and same feel! same feel!
    it's definitely not the future is wild 'cause i just watched that today and it didn't fit what i remembered, and i think life after people came too late to be it

• Like x 2
  14. sirsparklepants

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I remember watching a documentary type thing a long time ago about 'what if humans just disappeared but their infrastructure stayed' and there was a segment about nuclear reactors and one about house pets, both of which I remember upsetting me a lot. I think Discovery had a lot of apocalyptic stuff in that time period, though, because I remember seeing trailers for several different episodes/documentaries with similar premises.

• Like x 2
  15. unknownanonymous

i definitely remember the infrastructure staying in whatever i watched, so it could be the same one.

16. sirsparklepants

I did some googling and apparently what I watched was Aftermath: Population Zero, and it was National Geographic. I still got upset reading about pets on the time-line almost ten years later.

• Like x 1
  17. unknownanonymous

hmm... that doesn't sound like what i watched

18. chaoticArbiter

that's not what I watched, but I stopped reading about your thing when I got to the part where toy dogs disappeared
    MY DOG IS A TOY DOG ;n;

19. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

Gumby is my number one Thing That Feels Like I Imagined It But It's Clearly Real And Not Even That Obscure. Look at this!

My sister said she was scared of showers for years after watching that. I watched the first fifteen seconds just now to make sure it was the right one, and... is there a word for being triggered, but not about anything traumatic, just something weird and disturbing you saw when you were little?

I think I played a game like that in '94 or '95. My memory says it was one of the Reader Rabbit games, but if it is, it's definitely not the first one. I also remember playing on a Mac? The stained glass colouring game really stands out in my memory.

• Like x 1
  20. chaoticArbiter

....you know what I thought I hallucinated, but it's very real?
    fucking Bananas in Pajamas. what the fuck even was that show.

• Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice