It's a Very Distinctive Fandom (Leverage)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by paladinkit, Jun 6, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I am into season 4 so far and I continue to enjoy it greatly. *^*

2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@seebs Leverage is often goofy as hell but I love when it is goofy; it more often lost me when it was being Extremely Earnest About Nate And Sophie, or dealing seriously with Nate's problems, not NECESSARILY because it did it badly but because I literally never learned to expect it lol

• Like x 3
  3. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

my fav is "let's steal a Parker"

• Like x 3
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

My favorite moment from this show remains in the "psychic" episode when Parker gets, idk, triggered maybe? and the whole crew just steps in to protect her and ahhh this show is too good for this world

• Like x 5
  5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, yes. I'm not entirely sure if triggered is right, but - she was definitely extremely distressed by it, and the crew does close in around her and help her out.

Looking back, the whole thing between Nate and Sophie is just. It's not that it doesn't add anything? It's just vaguely irritating in retrospect, and it feels like Nate keeps forgetting the primary lesson from Season 1.

"Let's steal a/n [x]" is definitely A Thing, though, yes. It does not stop happening at any point, and it is Good.

• Like x 3
  6. swirlingflight

Midway into season 4 so far
    ended with Nate going to independently confront the guy who put the listening devices in the apartment, probably without telling anybody about it because hey, the guy Nate's confronting isn't The Italian Threatening Him, and sure they recently recovered Hardison from suffocating in a fucking graves and you'd think that'd remind him of the importance of having Elliot nearby to be called on in case of Need To Punch Things, but he's the Man Of The Family and Anybody Who Doesn't Like It Can Get Out and all that bullshit that the others call him on from time to time
    and I have to say that most of my least favorite episodes are Nate-centric. He's so.... main character about things. and Catholic Guilt, and Alcoholism, and Obligatory Unresolved Sexual Tension. They do at least a passable job with it, but man oh man it gets tiresome. I like my ensemble cast best when they're all taking turns in the spotlight.

but honestly I think my favorite episode is the one where it tells the story of a certain night in a certain museum from different points of view.
    With the three-shell game so recently in mind, I assumed that the first three accounts would all be wrong, and the person so suspiciously quiet to the side would be the one who pulled it off. But nope! It was a layered fakeout, and Nate was the one to recover it all along. :') I enjoy when he's masterminding, but ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Like x 5
  7. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

I just started watching this show, though I realised halfway through season one that I was watching it out of order because the broadcast order Wasn't The Right Order, but -

PARKER IS TRAUMATISED AND IT IS EXTREMELY RELATABLE, holy shit, there were definitely 'wow Parker is Relatable' moments in the episodes before that but here we've got someone having flashbacks and her friends are Checking On Her even though she says she's Fine and aaaaa I really like it??? It is Relatable, I Relate.

I also have A Lot Of Feelings about Eliot and Hardison's interactions, they are Very Good and I Love Them.

• Like x 6
  8. swirlingflight

With Parker, Hardison, and Eliot, I love the interactions between every pair of them as well as all three of them at once.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  9. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Yes! Parker's interactions too! They are all so good together and I love them.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

the truest, bestest ot3 ever

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
  11. Pesh

Pesh schtroumph

Just saw the first episode

I am so gay for Parker.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 1
  12. Pesh

Pesh schtroumph

Someone hug Nate.

• Like x 5
  13. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

...season 1 Nate absolutely needs a hug, yes.

• Like x 2
  14. prismaticvoid

I just finished the finale.
    ye gods, I love unreliable narrators. I especially love them in visual media, because that's so hard to pull off. I really appreciated actually seeing all the different interpretations of the story, and like in The Rashomon Job they actually re-shot every interpretation, and I knew they couldn't all have died but damn did they have me buying it.
    Also my ot3 feels went through the roof in this episode, Eliot talking about how he has what he needs now, Sophie and Nate telling him to keep Parker and Hardison safe, even if it was fake the dying holding hands fucking killed me ahhhh
    Also Parker as the new mastermind=competence kink like whoa. And I love how they've been building up to it. She's still brainweird, she still has trouble with stuff, and she still does things differently, but she really is gonna take to this.
    Anybody got casefic? This is a fandom that seems like it would have good casefic.

• Like x 6
  15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

.......what does casefic mean
    (I have some excellent ot3 fic recs tho, lemme pull up my ao3)

• Like x 1
  16. prismaticvoid

Casefic is fic that follows the plot formula of the source material, I assume it's named that because it's largely a thing with detective/crime shows.

• Like x 2
  17. kmoss

kmoss whoops

• Like x 2
  18. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

watched the first episode today! i love it already and will have to watch more

• Like x 5
  19. kmoss

kmoss whoops

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

• Like x 1
  20. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I've been watching it while I draw because I like having mouth-talking noises in the background, esp with subtitles, and Netflix has it. I've gotten through Season 1 and I'm two episodes into Season 2 and I really love Hardison and Elliot and Parker. And Sophie, and I do like Nate when he's being Part Of The Team and not... Mr Main Character. I skipped... two episodes in season 1 because the hamfisted Nate Is Sad And Alcohol gave me the cringes. (And also muted the entire church fake miracle episode because??? existential dread and shame???? what.)

But like... outside of Broody Man Problems and Network Mandated Heterosexuality I really do love it so far. It reminds me of Burn Notice and especially of Psych, but coming at the crime thing from a different angle. It's really a fun time and I'm having a blast.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice