Iunno, man, maybe like six chickens worth?

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by vegacoyote, Dec 16, 2018.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

I have failed to introduce my third cat in a timely manner. For shame.

16DBCD4B-DCC8-4522-99EB-F34D681F00F9.jpeg

The one up top is Chauncey. He is almost old enough to legally drink. He will not be in a position to take advantage of this, however, as, in addition to not being human, his kidneys are no longer super efficient and getting crunk would likely be inadvisable.

He can only eat keep down wet food, and only a tiny bit at a time, and he only eats it if it has been diluted with water and mushed down to a perfect muddy consistency that is neither too dry nor too soupy. Because of the small per-meal intake, he needs to be fed every few hours.

He’s kind of like a reverse gremlin, in that if you don’t feed him multiple times after midnight, he eats the dry food and turns into a puke monster.

He is pictured above eating his cat-mud in the tactically defensible position on the ledge between the kitchen sink and the living room, with Polly lurking behind waiting for him to jump down, or for all humans to look away so she can shove him off and reap the spoils.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

What a good old boy!

• Agree x 4
  3. vegacoyote

I have a bowl in the student show at the ceramics center!

(It is, specifically, a bowl show. That means it’s a show just for bowls. Yup.)

Anyway here are pics.

FC4BE770-54B1-4BAD-A38C-2525BB6C6815.jpeg

FB8C2B4D-7F77-4E4F-935D-0D2C176CFEF1.jpeg

793682D7-0572-480B-94FB-8F604DD816D0.jpeg

24ABDEB2-206D-48DB-A595-F69D9D320B44.jpeg

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  4. vegacoyote

The sun is so nice, and it lies.

no sun on days where the air tries to take your fingers off 2K19.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. vegacoyote

Man. Been having a lot of trouble making myself do anything. Like, I can get to scheduled appointments OK, but anything else per day is just. Too Much. I crash.

My schedule should be the opposite of demanding. Chauncey goes in to the vet for sub-Q fluids M/W/F, councilor appointment Tuesday, ceramics class Wednesday. But also, like, I’ve apparently got a fuckton of zoning out, intarwub reading and Sudoku I have to fit into there, because otherwise I’d totally have no problem going in to the ceramics center to work on my projects, or doing the damn groceries.

I’m in a high-fire glazing class right now, which is very practical given how elaborate I’ve been getting with my glazing, but like. Test tiles. I don’t wanna make test tiles. I wanna make stuff. My stuff is my test-tiles, usually. Test tiles are boring.

I wanna say that even fail-pots that break me are more fun than test-tiles, but I’m not sure that isn’t just the whine talking.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. vegacoyote

Got in to the ceramics center, pulled exactly 1 handle for 1 mug, stuck it on, then called it a win cause they close early on Saturday so I had to clean up.

I was gonna go home, but when I fired up Pokémon Go on the way out I noticed there was an approximate buttload of leafnewts treekos hanging around, so I looked it up and it was a community day, which means special moves and Shinies, so I spent the next three hours walking in circles around the block catching dorky green lizards.

I caught seven Shinies, including one with two perfect stats, which would make it a keeper even if it wasn’t a Shiny, and that’s a first for me.

gotta picchur hold on...

F4489EA2-E646-454B-94B5-C94D8FE13173.jpeg

him shiney.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. vegacoyote

ennywais i am v frickin tired right now.

8. vegacoyote

Many thign hapen today.

I made tiny flower bowls.

I broke a tiny flower bowl and did a swear, then announced to the room that I wasn’t apologizing because that was an entirely justified swear.

Oh yeah, last week I got invited to join a jigsaw puzzle tournament by the guy who is running the tournament... the ceramics center is in a larger building with a lot of arty little stores and studios, and the common area is an art gallery. This guy has an exhibition of jigsaw puzzle mosaics, and he really likes talking about jigsaw puzzles you guys.

Anyway it’s an interactive exhibition, and he has a lot of vintage jigsaw puzzles set out, and I tend to react to jigsaw puzzles the way a fly reacts to a honey trap. So I’ve been in there solving jigsaws a whole bunch of times when he came through to see if there was anyone to talk to about jigsaws, and wow have I learned a lot about jigsaws this week.

Also, I am pretty fast. Pattern matching ftw. ^x^

Anyways he told me that people are meeting up tomorrow so they can time teammates for various tasks before the tournament starts, and I told him about my flower bowl tragedy which meant I was slinking home despondently instead of doing more puzzles (otherwise I totally would have,) and he was super nice about it, and I’m totally going to puzzle practice tomorrow.

• Like x 2
  9. vegacoyote

Back from puzzle tournament. Our team came in second.

We’re Number 2! Woot!

I got $20. :)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. vegacoyote

it mah pyramid.

mah goots hort.

guh. advil.

11. vegacoyote

In other news, I have many many Basic Staying Alive Tasks that I am meant to be doing, and I am not doing them. The Advil has kicked in by now, so I don’t even have that as an excuse.

Nope, too busy zoning out, shower laundry brush teeth litterboxes is no.

12. vegacoyote

I made sketti

the kind with the sauce from scratch, chopped onions and garlic browned with hamburger, then tomato paste and fresh basil and more garlic

and I layered some shredded mozzarella between the noodles and the sauce and let it melt while it cooled down, which worked out pretty well actually

also earlier today I brushed my teeth, also started laundry

so actually I accomplished some things today.

I’m still gross though, as are the litter boxes. Maybe shower and scooping cat pee will become a less daunting project now I’ve got some calories down.

... they pee so much you guys.

13. vegacoyote

Augh. Very depressedy-upsetty-anxious right now, no good reason.

Last glaze class was yesterday, but I won’t be getting most of my tiny flowers from the kiln until at least Saturday... gotta go in and get all my stuff from my shelf at the ceramics center at some point

*not-edit* And then an entire afternoon passed, during which I went to lunch with my mom and her friends (who are strangers to me but one of them had a dog so that’s OK) and was distracted from being upsetty-anxious by having to pretend not to be upsetty-anxious so I didn’t get back to writing this till Late PM and I had thoroughly lost my train of thought but was still upsetty-anxious.

Know why? Cause that wasn’t just my last class for glaze class, it was my last class at the ceramics center period, cause I’m moving, and that is super anxious-making. (Also this Ao3 series that I’d really gotten into and was super interested in seeing the next installment of, turns out to have last been updated in 2011, and like, nuuuuuuuu, I wanna see what happens next! But nope.)

• Witnessed x 2
  14. vegacoyote

Yesterday, I... moved? I moved.

I... live in Minneapolis now, I guess.

Uhhhhh.

*bluescreens*

• Like x 3
  15. vegacoyote

Many, many things have happened, but I have been unable to make myself write about them.

I an hoping that, by writing down that I can’t write things down, I will subsequently find myself able to write other things down.

Anyway, here are status updates on the rest of my family.

Twin Sister: Thailand.
    Little Sister: Pegrant.
    Mom: here, helping w dogs
    Cats: give wet food now plz kthanks
    Dogs: everywhere, v stompy.

• Winner x 2
  16. vegacoyote

Did you know you can get a dog to stop barking by barely matching their volume, then gradually lowering your voice to a whisper?

I knew that, but I didn’t realize I knew that until just now, when I noticed myself doing it.

(Oh, also, it has to be your dog, and they have to be at least sorta-trained on voice commands. Don’t try this on a strange dog that’s barking at you.)

• Informative x 3
  17. vegacoyote

Apparently, my mom has been posting anti-vax stuff on her Facebook page. Little sister’s about spitting with rage over it; twin sister is Disappointed But Resigned.

When we had an argument about the increased diagnostic rate of autism, she never came out and said “Vaccines Cause Autism!” but she was kind of hinting around it. And it’s been almost impossible to peel her off the topic of GMOs Bad/All Chemicals Are Evil And Cause Allergycancers for a while now, but I never suspected she would go quite this far off the pier.

See, she’s convinced that People Back Then Were Just Healthier, and one can Age Backwards and Prevent All Cancerallergies by Avoiding Foods With Chemicals, and if she stops believing that she has no way to keep the bogey man away anymore.

18. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

aging takes some people like that. she's terrified of her own mortality, and pretending she can beat it.

• Agree x 1
  19. vegacoyote

Yeah... I should probably start trying to cultivate more compassion for her at some point, but having just moved out, I’m still kind of in the mode of going “Resist resist resist!”

When I was living with her, I actually ended up making the rule that we not talk about food, period. Sometimes not even to ask about dinner. On the flip side, I can cause my mom to go from zero to Argument at the mere mention of the word “Orthorexia.”

Hella eating disorder fleas in my family. Kinda sucks.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. vegacoyote

EE2C0EE1-5B0C-4C18-B254-90417EFADBDD.jpeg

... but what are they really?

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice