==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

"You guys are smart, you'll figure it out," you laugh. "I gotta go put the rest of these up, and then there's work to do on the farm. But I'll see y'all tomorrow at three, right?"

You touch your hat brim amiably in the group's general direction as you head off. You're sincerely happy. You didn't think there'd be nearly that much interest. This is going to be fun!

And confusing. What are you going to teach Snitch? Maybe they could just ooze into a bipedal form for the duration of the class.

((irl i have to go do some stuff, so imma leave y'all to discuss. sometime later i'll timeskip to the class.))

• Like x 3
  2. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

You watch Jesse wander off, then turn to the rest of the group. There's still something that's puzzling you.

"So, what's a mortal art, then?"

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

"That'd be a martial arts, Snitchy. Fighting moves and stuff. Like throwing punches and kicking and things. I bet you are gonna be good at that, you are strong!" You grin at the mass of tentacles. Hey, you know the feel of not being able to read stuff clearly. Sometimes light is just too much to deal with, after all! Plus, Snitchy doesn't even always have eyes, so it's probably double hard for them!

4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

"Thank mew," you tell Soul, "but pants do unpleasant things to my fur. Thanks fur the honey too!" When you get anoher offer from Ivy you squint a smile at her. "Thank mew too, but I´d hate to ruin your creations, I think I´ll just cut down an old chemise and find myself a belt."
    Snitchs question makes you blink.
    "I think that says marital, not mortal, snitch. Derived from mars, the old earth roman god of war."

5. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

"It means fighting," you say. "I think I read somewhere that it's problematic."

6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"Martial arts for health! Presumably your own health, in the face of others who wish you to be less healthy," you say, pondering for a second before continuing. "This is as opposed to marital arts, which are - hmm - stuff people do when they're married?"

Either way, this sounds fun! Punching things and all that. Experimentally, you unfold an arm off your surface, splaying out some fingers, and wriggle it around a little. You wave at Ivy with your new hand, and start considering the possibility of bones.

((Nighttime for me, so see you all later.))

• Like x 1
  7. mysubaccount

"Wait,what do people do when they're married?" You're a little unclear on the whole concept. Something about rings and cake?

8. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

"Uh, they cuddle and watch movies? And bake? I'm not really sure, I'm not all that relationship-y."
    You shrug.

9. mysubaccount

"Can I marry everyone here?"

On a completely unrelated note, you're kind of curious about how they get little human cubs. People here don't seem to act a lot like cats.

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

"Uhm, I think you would have to put up flyers or something first? Maybe? I dunno."
    You don't really get relationships. Or romance stuff. Or marriage. Mice don't get married, so you can't ask them. Well, okay, you could. They're pretty smart. You'll do that later.

• Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You watch the exchange, not sure if you should be be- or a-mused. You also make a note to yourself that you will start a Sex-Ed 101 class ASAP. And a romance class. Which has you thinking....
    "Do you think we should start a college of sorts? For subjects more specialized than taught in school."

((Edited for goof of forgetting the school))

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    • Like x 3
  12. emythos

"Ooh, like what? I would go!"
    That sounds like it could be interesting. The school system here is sorta, well, patchy in a way. You got the basics, and then whatever someone feels like lecturing about at that time.

13. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

((bluh sorry this thread stopped sending alerts))

You press the other jar of honey into one of Snitch's tentacles. Do Snitches eat honey? Oh well.

"Who else wants some?"

Hee. This discussion went somewhere fast.

• Like x 1
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

"Hmm, well Sex-Ed is apurrently very needed. And Romance courses. Both might take a while considering how many species we have here. And," you shrug, "Whatever people would like to teach I suppaws?"

15. emythos

"Ooh, makeup courses!"
    You pause for a minute. If Cody's saying that Romance courses are needed, then...
    "We really have no idea what we're talking about, huh."

16. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"Heh. Yeah." You could totally tell them all about sex and romance, not from personal experience, but from research and careful observation, and, well, common sense, but it probably wouldn't be entirely appropriate in this form. Maybe you should Grow Up.
    You shrug and stretch and grow until you're properly adult. "I mean I wouldn't be qualified to teach, probably, but it's kind of funny how clueless some of us are. I guess that's okay if you're not going to get involved in stuff, but, if you're anything like me, it's fun to learn about just for curiosity's sake."

17. emythos

"I like learning! If someone wants to teach me stuff I'm in!"
    You watch as Soul goes from Itty Bitty Soul to Adult Soul. That's always pretty interesting to see. You really hope someone's willing to explain, cause you're kinda lost. Romance stuff is freaking weird, the mice don't care about it, and you didn't really pick anything up back at, okay, cutting off the mental ramble at that thought.
    "We have got some blank spots..."

18. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"Yeah, it's all a bit tricky. And messy," you wrinkle your nose, "but a lot of people really seem to enjoy both. But like I said, they can be messy, and people can get hurt, so you've got to be careful with them." You nod sagely.

19. emythos

"Huh. That's sounds like too much effort. I think I'd rather sleep."
    You pause, and think. That's a bit too, uh, final sounding?
    "At least right now, I mean! But not like, I'm gonna fall asleep right now or anything!"

20. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"I think maybe it's not as daunting the more you learn, but I still think they're scary, so I'm really not an expert. Mostly though, I think you're right." You're not against sex and relationships, but, right now, better to not mess with them, you think.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice