==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

"Yeah... I'm just going not think about this until it's either relevant, in which case I'm going run around town panic flailing and asking for advice, or until there's a actual class..."
    You really hope this doesn't become relevant until you've had a class. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

2. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

((Romance 101 as a college class taught by Kintsugijin would be the best thing! Also I'm putting this one the timeline for now as "specific dates unknown for now, but in between Look for Void and the off-moon expedition." Anybody who wants me to change that, please say something! Otherwise, it'll stay like that for now. This would make this thread the latest of the ones I have on there (but I don't have Wes, Remember yet). So nobody's "currently" doing something else but some people might not go to more than 1 or 2 classes before they leave on the expedition! I hope that's all ok with everyone!))

• Like x 2
  3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

((i ended up focusing on the boat trolls rp mostly tonight, because it got dramariffic. so it may not become Class Time until sometime tomorrow evening, after my Drive Far Away Clinic appointment and recovery therefrom. please do feel free to continue this adorable conversation in the meantime. ^_^))

• Like x 2
  4. mysubaccount

((Thank you for checking in to tell us what to expect!))

• Like x 2
  5. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"Anyway, I've got to go finish getting rid of all this honey. Hope I see all of you on Monday!" You wave bye at everyone and saunter off, pulling your wagon behind. When you're done with the honey, maybe you'll pick out an exercise outfit to wear. Maybe you'll design and sew a new one!

• Like x 1
  6. emythos

You wave goodbye to Soul and decide that really, you just want to go back to the library and curl up with some books in a nest of sweaters.
    "I'm gonna head out too, guys! See ya then!"
    With that, you wander off.

7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

You're coming back from finishing up some last second work at the radio station when you see a little gathering of people. Maybe something's going on! Your boss is always on the lookout for new things happening in the community, and that and your natural sense of curiosity (mechanical sense of curiosity just doesn't have the same ring to it) means that so are you.

"Hey all!" You say as you approach. "What's up?"

They're gathered around a piece of paper secured with colorful tape. You read it.

"Well, that looks fun." You consider yourself. You can usually improve your own reflexes with careful engineering, and you've been working on your strength (it's a difficult balance between lifting a heavy thing and sinking immediately into the ground because your base wasn't wide enough), but you wonder if martial arts could help you with your coordination. You've got a lot of processing power, but that's usually taken up with important things, like cataloging colorful insects or keeping an eye on whatever small gardening robot or robot cat is around you. Maybe you could induce gracefulness through more organic methods.

At any rate, you aren't working Monday at 3, so you add it to your internal calendar, pairing it with an internal alarm (Code Lavender for Not Urgent But Very Interesting), and then adding a backup reminder just in case you accidentally delete it.

Man, you should really remember to back yourself up at some point. This would be a particularly silly time for a repeat of the [DELETED] Incident of [DELETED].

• Like x 2
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

You follow the discussion of romance and marriage stuff with a raised eyebrow. After Soul and Em have left and you waved them goodbye you can't help but stage-whisper "Y'all are weird. Getting married only has one activity, being entangled forever and eventually sprouting little seedlings. Duh." Well you are still kind of confused by the implications that Seebs-and-Jesse are two entities, rather than one, even though they should be a grove? The universe truely is vast and full of wonders.
    You would have left to pick out an outfit but Intern Moss just came over to the flyers.
    "Hey, Moss, how's things at the station? Are you gonna come too?" You raise your hand for a high five.

• Like x 1
  9. mysubaccount

In that case maybe getting married would be a bad idea. You're pretty sure you can't turn into a tree and you wouldn't want to. But maybe you can ask somebody else if they'll let you watch them do their marriage activity!

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

"Not in all cultures Ivy." Cody squints at them, amused. "Some of us would have a hard time turning into trees after all."

• Like x 1
  11. IvyLB

"I keep forgetting other folks don't do that! Still weird though!" You giggle. You grew up mostly off homeworld, so of course you know that other-species-clusters don't do groving the same way (Not to mention that your own cluster is empty of other Fae, so you'll likely never properly grove), but from your education files to your favorite movies and books, most material still depicts a fairly classic model of clustering and groving. And what can you say. You are a sucker for old school romantic dramas from the homeworld academy of cinematography and only the newest, most daring productions even include one or two non-fae members in the depicted clusters.
    "I do wonder though, how a marriage works out without a fused neural system. Seems like hard work, using words for all that complex-emotions-stuff!"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    • Like x 1
  12. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"I'm not sure I even have a nervous system," you say, speaking around the crunching noises as you chew the jar of honey Soul gave you, "or a brain."

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    • Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

You eye Snitchy, wondering.
    "I dunno, Don't most organic life forms have a nervous system one way or the other? Even robots and stuff have things that work kinda the same way. Do Snitch-folk not research anatomy?"

14. emythos

(um, I wanna get back in here, but not sure how. ideas?)

15. IvyLB

(idk maybe em forgot something, like writing down time and date of the class or photographing the flyer or something?)

• Like x 1
  16. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"I'm kinda made of a melange of stuff I've eaten. Mostly silicates, metals and some carbon stuff, all mixed up. I don't really have a brain or centralised thinky bit, because everything's in flux."

You can't remember much about creatures like you, it was all so long ago, but you're pretty sure a race of shapeshifters wouldn't hold much stock in anatomy. Or would that make them think about it more? Hmm.

17. IvyLB

"That sounds super interesting! I wonder..." you do not finish the sentence.
    Your ears and cheeks are definitly not bright green, no sir, no way!
    The thing is, you do genuinely wonder if Snitchy would be capable of being integrated into a grove, what with their shapeshifting abilities but kind of weird nervous system! But that's a very private, non-sciency topic. Groves are serious business, you can't really form them for science! They'd be unstable and probably also produce the weirdest Seedlings!

18. emythos

Around halfway back to the library, you realize you, uh, forgot your honey. And to grab a flyer. Oops. Time to go back!
    When you get there, you wave awkwardly at the group.
    "Uh, do you guys see my honey? And, um, I should probably write this down, so I remember."

19. kmoss

kmoss whoops

You lean down a bit to high-five Ivy. They always look so comfortable and colorful in their clothes.

The talk about romance is interesting, but considering it on a personal level makes the inside of your head itch in a way that means you might have to upgrade some of your circuits soon. You consider that the normal maintenance cost for coexisting with people generally more concerned with progeny than you are, though, so it doesn't trouble you.

"Hi Ivy. I think I am. It's on my calendar, at any rate, and I'll probably send a report on it to Kay. It does sound like fun, especially considering the wide variety of life forms in this community."

Snitchanon's comment makes you chuckle a bit. "Aside from the lack of centralized thinky-bit, that's basically a simplified explanation of most things, isn't it? An organism made up of the various components that they have taken in or ingested at some point or another?"

20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

((looks like y'all are still doing that convo, plus i was gonna do a little research that i did not in fact do, so i believe i shall do the classtime thing tomorrow.))

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice