==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Snitch is a shapeshifter, too! EXCITING! It's a little lonely being the only shapeshifter in a family of cats.

It's a lot lonely being a shapeshifting snake. Snakes don't do frienship.

It's still kin of lonely not knowing how to make friends with a new species.

"Can you get bigger and smaller?" you ask Snitch. "Or do you have to stay the same size?"

2. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"I tried being humanoid and human-sized once, but I started sinking, I was so dense. Also, I think my core started melting under the pressure," you explain - that had been a very fun day, trying to imitate the colonists when they were teaching you their language, "and a brain's a point of failure! Someone could just hit me hard enough in the right place, so I distribute all my thinky bits everywhere."

"Although, come to think of it, most of you guys are all solid, so you don't have a choice of where to put your thinky bits." You've finished chewing your jar of honey now.

3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

You've finally figured out where you left your stuff, so you join back in the conversation.
    "Yeah, no. Solid people need thinky bits to stay in one spot only. Otherwise bad. Very bad."

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

"Ehhhh I think there is some space-faring folks who are genetically closer to... what are they called again... invertebraes? Who have a more stretched out kinda nervous system going on than just a brain. But even those kinda stay where they belong."
    You shrug. You're not a scientist by far you just read a whole lot of stuff when the mood strikes you.

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

((ok, i have Done My Research, and am ready to go to classtime whenever y'all are ready. no hurry tho, the class is just a reason for characters to interact, so if characters are interacting there's obvs no reason to rush :D))

• Like x 2
  6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

(I'm ready to time skip whenever everyone's ready, too! I was gonna draw Ivy in workout clothes but that isn't something I'd wanna cause a holdup over!)

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

((I´m ready for time skip. i do wanna see how this class will turn out))
    "Well, I have a copy of my 'thinky bits' in the library, I suppaws that´s sort of decentralized." Your internal dayplanner reminds you your break is just about over. "I´m affuraid I´ll have to get back to work meow."

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    • Like x 1
  8. emythos

9. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

((Fine with timeskipping))

• Like x 1
  10. jacktrash

((ok, i have a glass of choco milk and a bowl of melon cubes, and i'm ready to rp until the cows come home!))

- THE NEXT DAY -

You arrive early in your seldom-used truck. Kintsugi isn't really a motor-vehicle-heavy society, but running a farm without a pickup would be ridiculous. Sometimes you need to do stuff like drive a circuit of the town with a couple dozen crates of produce, for instance, dropping off trades and request items. That's plenty of justifaction without having to bring up any upsetting topics like the way a gentle little utopia like this can only stay free if the big dogs are afraid to bite, and scaring big dogs takes hardware.

[​IMG]

It's a very practical agricultural vehicle, and the place on top where something obviously used to be mounted was once carrying... meteorological equipment. Like radars and shit. Definitely no guns whatsoever.

Anyway, today you're just bringing it in case someone pulls a muscle or something and needs a ride home, and so you don't have to lug the cooler full of water bottles (because a bunch of people are bound to forget the first time) all the way from the farm on your shoulder. You brought snacks too, because the melon patch is fecund as fuck this season and you're gonna have to kind of fling it at people if you want it all to get eaten.

Grabbing one of the water bottles, you pick a nice central spot where people will have no trouble seeing you, and get started stretching.

• Like x 1
  11. emythos

The mice wake you up pretty early, giving you plenty of time to get ready, for once. It takes a while to find a sweater tight enough to not get in your way, but you do manage. (It was at the bottom of the pile, of course.) It takes a while, but after much debate most of the mice decide to stay in the sweater pile in the library today. It's probably a bad idea to be exercising with lots of tiny creatures in your sleeves!
    You grab some coffee to wake you up and begin make your way to the class.

12. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

"Hello." Scheherazade greets Jesse with a smile. "It's been a while since I've done anything like this, so it should be fun to see if I still remember anything. ...Also, I thought having a healer around might come in handy in case anyone twists an ankle or accidentally gets elbowed in the face or something."

For once, she's not wearing her long black dress. Instead, she's wearing a sweater with the back cut out for her wings, and jeans. They are still both black, though, and it appears that she hasn't been persuaded to wear different footwear- the same pair of button-up boots she's been wearing for years are firmly in place. Her hair has been wrangled into a tight bun.

13. jacktrash

Jesse spares a wry glance for the boots, but greets Scheherazade with a smile anyhow. "Thoughtful of you. We're gonna start with Tai Chi, so I don't reckon anyone's gonna get hit, but we might come up with a sprain or two if somebody gets impatient. Go ahead and start stretching out while we wait for everybody."

Spotting another student approaching, you wave and call, "Hiya Em!"

14. emythos

You wave very enthusiastically.
    "Hiya!"
    You speed up, and only trip over your own feet a tiny bit. When you get there, you say, "This is gonna be super fun! So, how are ya, and do you know who else is coming? Oh, and hi there Scheherazade!"

15. jacktrash

"No idea, but we've got a few minutes left, let's see who makes it."

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

"Sounds good!"
    You fuss with your sweater. It feels super weird wearing something that fits relatively normally.

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

==> Cody, just make it.
    You check your apurrence in the hallway mirror one last time. Your chemise, hemmed and de-laced, makes a decent looking tunic and you tied it with a belt the cats have killed enough for it to be boring. You claws are stripped of polish and withdrawn, and you haven´t bothered with shoes. You haven´t bothered with a corset either, as despite what three volume novels would have one believe, corsets really limit mobility too much for fighting.
    Your day planner reminds you your Really should be going. You go.

Em and, unexpectedly, Scheherazade are already there when you arrive. So is Jesse. You wave.
    "Good Meowning!"

• Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

((i have been invited by my cutie bae to go do a swim, and i need the physio anyhow, so i'm gonna go do that. back in an hour or two, once everyone's here feel free to assume jesse is showing everyone how to stretch out))

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

"Cody, hi!!!"
    You go back to flailing excitedly. That really isn't a necessary part of exercises, but oh well.
    (have fun!)

20. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Soul makes their way to the area where class is supposed to be, clothed in form fitting knitwear. They can't quite decide whether to go barefoot or wear trainers, so their shoes are slung over their shoulders with a pair of socks stuffed inside. Their hair is pushed back by a headband and done in braids so it doesn't get in the way. They also carry a bag with a waterbottle, a small towel, wrist wraps, and various other necessities. One can never be too prepared.
    When they arrive, they nod to the others and begin their own stretches. Stretching is important for safety as well as showing off your muscles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice