==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

==> Ivy: Hurry

You arrive at the square, carrying a water bottle and a towel in your most boring purse. As you took quite a while picking out your outfit today, you half expect everyone to already have started, after all you are quite a bit late.
    As you approach the group of people already there you wave.
    "Hi, sorry, I'm late!" you say, only mildly out of breathe. You come to a halt and absentmindedly adjust your leg warmers to cover your knees.

(edit: that link leads to my polyvore :P)

2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

"Hi Ivy! You look pretty today!"
    You go back to careful stretching. You aren't the most exercise-y person, other than flailing and running, so you want to make sure you do this right.

3. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

>Snitch: awaken.

There's a clattering noise as a pile of rubble heaped up against a nearby ruin shifts suddenly. What seemed to be, at first glance, fallen masonry and other detritus unfolds - somewhat falteringly - into a familiar collection of grey tentacles.

You sound a bit bleary, you've only just woken up. "Oh hey. Did I miss anything?"

• Like x 1
  4. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

It's so fun to watch everybody showing up. For once, Calcite actually knows what's going on, why everyone chose what clothes they're wearing, why people are carrying water and stuff... so it makes sense!

Now if only Cal could think of something to say, since humans and other Kintsugijin seem to mostly communicate by talking.

Oh, well, stretches are good practice using this body! He tries to do everything exactly how Jesse does it.

• Like x 1
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You try the stretches. Most of them work with some adjustments for a more catlike anatomy, but your legs simply aren´t human enough, the joints are in all the wrong places.
    "Jesse? I don´t know how this will work."

(Cody´s legs are more like a cats hind legs so her "heel" is a third of the way up her leg and her "knee" two thirds up.))

• Like x 1
  6. IvyLB

"Thank you! You also look nice!" you smile at Em.
    Ah yes, Stretching! You should do that probably! It's been a while since the pirate days, after all, and even back then you weren't very athletic, just fast and good at hiding and ambushing.
    Bending over to stretch your legs by touching the floor you spot Calcite behind you. You wave, upside down, and grin, showing off a lot of teeth on accident.

• Like x 1
  7. mysubaccount

Cal looks obliquely at Cody. Huh. "Can you stretch like a cat?" he asks.

(And waves back at Ivy.)

8. emythos

Yay! Ivy thinks you look nice! You grin happily.
    Looking over, it seems like Cody is having cat body problems.
    "Um, try a different position maybe?"

9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

"Purrhaps?" You plant your forepaws on the ground and fold your legs up into their quadrupedal configuration and arch your back upwards, looking rather like an overgrown house cat. You try leaning forwards and this time your legs do what you´re fairly sure they were supposed to be doing in the other position. Maybe?

((What cody´s doing, and what she was failing at))

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

"I think that works!"
    (aww, cody XD #catpeople problems)

11. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Your body relaxes as you stretch and listen to the banter around you. You genuinely like exercising in a class setting, even though being around other people can sometimes be hard for you. Your human body is not quite as flexible as other human bodies are, but you try your best and get some pretty good stretching in.

(( I cannot touch my toes with straight legs if my life depended on it. Fact.))

• Like x 1
  12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Halfway through a library book ("Systems of Synthesis: A Historical Look at the Converging Studies of Psychology and Biology", not a very concise title but a pretty interesting book), you realize that not only is the alarm going off real, it's also exactly for 3, instead of fifteen minutes ahead.

You make a vaguely disappointed noise analogous to an organic sigh, put the book down, and leave for the class.

It looks like a fair amount of people are here already, and Jesse is running everyone through stretching.

Some people are experiencing a higher degree of success than others.

You contemplate the idea of stretching a primarily mechanic body, and shrug. Might as well, just for the mindset.

13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

"Purr!" You shift back to do your forepaws. And your tail while you´re at it.

((Yep, it´s hard being a catlady. Also Soul neither can I))

• Like x 1
  14. emythos

As it turns out, you have surprisingly good balance (for a clumsy person) when stretching. You switch the leg that you are balancing on, awkwardly windmill your arms for a second, and then even out. You take a breath, and question whether you're stable enough to wave to Moss. Just talking is probably a better option.
    "Hiya!" you shout.

15. IvyLB

You switch to gently stretching your upper body, as Moss arrives. Seeing as your arms are pre-occupied and you can't wave you choose to simply say "Hi!"

((Huh! I don't think of myself as very flexible and I can super easily reach my toes completely cold! but then again my idea of flexible is 'slides into a split without warming up at all' so that might be why))

16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

It makes you so happy to see everyone so enthusiastic and eager to try something new. You study Cody's stretch, and nod consideringly. "Does that make you feel some stretch in your hamstrings, and warm your thigh muscles up a bit? Then it should be just fine. The stances I'll teach today involve having the knees slightly bent, which is kind of hard on human thighs, but that's kind of the default for you, isn't it?"

Once everyone has stretched out a bit, you give a short whistle to get the group's attention. "Aright guys, let's get started. I'm going to begin with Tai Chi. Any of you know about it?"

17. IvyLB

Your head at an angle you consider. You don't think you have heard of it but then you don't read up a lot about martial arts. You know a bit about earth fencing etiquette from a period drama, but you doubt its applicable here.

18. mysubaccount

"Yes, it's a drink from India!"

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

"Uh, not really. Is it the one about redirecting the other people?"

20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You nod at Jesse. "Yes, bu I´m afurraid I´m much less stable than most bipeds."

When he asks about Tai Chi you nod again. "A form of martial art that´s become much more ceremonial that confurontational I believe?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice