==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

"You're welcome!" you yell from where you've landed on the ground.

2. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Hand-flapping is probably the wrong thing to do right now but you're so excited because people are talking to you and you know what's going on and you're not confused or alone at all!

3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

You pause a moment to flail happily, then continue. Flailflaps are totally the appropriate response.

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

You are trying! Super hard actually! But breathing exercises make you super antsy and also your knees don't do the bendy thing without protest. But when you see Jesse and Em doing the fight aplication example you think this is totally worth it. Jesse doesn't seem to need much strength for these moves at all! It all looks like abusing centers of gravity and your opponent's own force to pull them off balance and really, that sounds very useful for someone like you who already has a low center of gravity due to being tiny.
    "This looks really effective!" you muse, going back into your current stance and trying hard to focus on your breathing.
    In. Out. In. Out. You wonder if you should send everyone workout clothes. In. You wonder what Calcite's favorite color is. Out. Scheherazade would probably only wear stuff that is black, no matter what you come up with. But jeans don't look like comfortable workout clothes... In. Out.
    It is very hard to relax when a part of your brain is determined to be a hyperactive squirrel about it. Also your hairstyle is falling apart. You breathe in. You try your hardest to blow the strands of hair falling into your face up and back. You breathe in.
    You make frustrated noises when even more of your hair lands in your eyes.
    You pause and try to adjust the mess. This might just not be your day. Or this Tai Chi stuff is not made for people who can't focus on simple things like breathing and stance without immediately thinking of work. And it looked so cool!

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

You notice Ivy fidgeting, and realize you've been doing this for about an hour without a break. That's too much for beginners; you meant to pause after half an hour, but demonstrating pulls and throws was too much fun -- Em really loves to go rolling across the grass like a puppy, it's adorable.

"Let's take a snack break," you propose. "I brought melons! Picked fresh this morning, they're fantastic, I had one for breakfast. Ivy, I've got a bandanna in the truck, you want that for your hair? Also, who forgot to bring water? I've got extra."

• Like x 1
  6. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

Yay, melons!

((By the wya are we assuming Cal's been helping Jesse like was suggested in Wes, BiaR?))

7. IvyLB

"Nah, I'm good, stupid hair is just falling out of the scrunchie." You think you have it under control now. Your bun feels tight enough to pull at your scalp. Feels funny.
    You briefly consider melons and then you consider sticky hands and politely decline. However there was a thing you wanted to ask Jesse, so you walk up to him and clear your throat politely. "I-is it normal that I can't concentrate at all? Breathing is horrible to think about? My thoughts just keep wandering off."
    You mean to take a sip of water, so you look more casual, and promptly spill some on your shirt. "Shit!" you squeak. At least it's warm out and its just water, but. Today seems to just ot be your day.
    There has not been a more frustration charged facepalm in the history of the universe, you are pretty sure. Maybe you should go back to sleep.

• Like x 2
  8. jacktrash

((yeah, let's say he's been helping out in the greenhouse, using his Super Sniffy Powers to pick out the healthiest seedlings to transplant, and spotting mildew and fungus and damaging insects before jesse could spot them. big useful, very help!))

You blink at Ivy, surprised, but not because the idea is new to you -- rather, because it's so familiar you've forgotten not everyone knows about it. "Sounds like ADHD to me. I've got it myself. I set up my medical nanites to time-release my medication. I don't really know jack about your biology, though, so I wouldn't start recommending meds to you. Uh... do stimulants like caffeine make you calmer instead of more hyper?"

• Like x 2
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You´re glad when Jesse calls for a break. While the exercise is surely soothing in general, you hope other will involve a little more movement than that, keeping your balance in this position took a lot of work. You acquire some watermelon and sit down close enough to hear Jesse´s question.
    "I have some iced tea."

10. IvyLB

"Er...? I don't actually know what my reaction to caffeine is supposed to be, Us-folk don't have coffee normally, we chew some leaf stuff I don't know the intergalactic name of for stimulation. But, like that stuff helped me more get my thoughts on track and coffee does something similar but not quite the same? It kickstarts my brain into working and I get massive headaches without it." You shrug. You're not quite sure you know what Jesse is talking about, brain chemistry stuff being talked cross-species is super hard and you didn't bother with all the words you didn't know, back when you tried figuring some stuff out.
    You are kind of jealous of the nanites, they seem so, so useful.

• Like x 2
  11. jacktrash

You nod. "Yeah, that sounds like your species can get ADHD too, or something very like it. I'll ask Seebs to send you some research materials. In the meantime, stuff like Tai Chi can be really helpful, actually. Once you've got the movements memorized, you can let your brain freewheel while your body goes through the motions, and it seems to settle everything down a little for the rest of the day."

• Like x 2
  12. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

You perk up at the mention of food. Tai Chi is full of interesting principles, but breathing exercises and stretches are of limited utility to a being with neither lungs nor joints.

You head over to the truck with the melons from where you were sitting and watching. "I like the look of the throwing-people-around bits of this. And the melons!"

• Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

"I'm gonna try my best! I should really also see to getting Mel'Zit* shipped here. It smells all nice and tastes really great and makes all your thoughts run in the right direction!" You smile.

(* I am so not sorry, Fae literally chew on mutant alien Lemon Balm by the leaf as a stimulant.)

• Like x 2
  14. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

You're doing pretty well, but you're glad for the change in pace. You take a bit of melon and pull out your water bottle and sit down. The melon is sweet and juicy, and a bit runs down your chin when you bite into it. You finish off the melon, and take a swig of your water. Then you pour a bit of water onto your towel and wipe the juice off your face.

You listen thoughtfully to the conversations going on around you.
    "Maybe Jesse could grow it you get the plant? Do you think you'd have to import soil for that, Jesse?"

15. IvyLB

"Oh that would be great! I think insects like the plant a lot too, so maybe we could plant it where the bees can find them? Our butterflies loved hanging out around the fields!"
    You smile at Soul. You love how people here all try to help you so much, even for tiny things like being not good at concentrating!

• Like x 1
  16. jacktrash

"I'll research it and see what it needs in terms of soil and light and whatnot. What's it called again?" You make a note in your phone as Ivy repeats the name. "I'll grow it for you even if it's difficult. I like a challenge!"

17. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"The bees will be happy to help!"

18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You´ve finished your piece of water melon, so you clean your hands and get the giant thermos of iced tea and stack of plastic cups you brought.
    "Tea anyone?"

19. IvyLB

"That's so nice of you!" you smile at Jesse and Soul.
    "Wow, yes, I'd like some tea, thank you, Cody!"
    Your cheeks tingle a bit with how much you are smiling and you probably look really goofy, but people are super nice! You like it here so much!

20. jacktrash

"After the break I want to try you guys on a bit of push-hands. Do we have an even number of people?" You look around.

((i have lost track of who-all's here lol))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice