==> Jesse: Teach a class (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by jacktrash, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"It's a useful skill, to be able to adapt to things. And it's managed to happen in lots of different places over vast timescales, so it must be useful," you point out, "I think the type of thing I am did it artificially, but that makes it even more of a guided decision, in a manner of speaking."

2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

"Huh, that's cool. Um, how does it work? If like, you've got a quick slash non brain melting explanation."

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

"Yeah I'd like to know to!" you say and grin encouragingly at Snitchy.
    "I wonder if its a thing you can just try and learn or if its just a thing you gotta know how to do to do it?"

• Like x 1
  4. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

"Well, for me it was the conscious decision to be a physical being instead of... a floating consciousness?"

• Like x 1
  5. Snitchanon

"Well, it is kinda complicated, now that I think of it," you say, puppeting your humanoid into scratching its chin pensively. "I'm kinda made of a mush of goopy musculature, which I use for large changes of form and moving my tentacles around, and I'm kinda suffused with lots of nano-scale cell-like structures that I use to make the finer details, like eyes and things, out of my substrates."

6. emythos

"That's pretty cool. Did it take a lot of practice to control it?"

7. Snitchanon

"I'm not sure. I woke up knowing how to use it when they found me."

• Like x 1
  8. mysubaccount

mysubaccount (Not) A Catboy

"Do you know the thing, you know, it feels like... the thing, and then you do the thing, and... never mind, you're better at shapeshifting than me, but I don't know how to ask for tips." And Snitch probably doesn't know how to give them, either.

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

You raise an eyebrow "Okay, I gather you just gotta know somehow. It's probably good I'm not a shapeshifter though I wouldn't even know what to transform into, so the skill would be wasted on me!"

10. mysubaccount

"For me, I just want really hard to be something and then I am. But it sounds like it's different for Snitch..." Are there different kinds? He definitely didn't have to choose to be solid like Soul or Wes. And it doesn't feel like using muscles. Hmmm. "If you don't know what to turn into, turn into a bird."

11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

You flip open the phonelike interface on the inside of your robo-arm's wrist and text Seebs: remind me to look into shapeshifting robots. Then you drain your cup, toss your watermelon rind to Oscar the trash-collecting robot (who has been hovering at the edges of the group for some time now), and consider whether to move on to the second half of the class. But some people are still working on their snacks, and this is a really interesting conversation.

There's no hurry, you decide. Your day's farm chores are done, and your holodeck date with Seebs isn't until after dinner. You've got hours. So you just prop your chin on your hand and listen happily.

• Like x 2
  12. emythos

"If I could shapeshift I'd turn into, into, um, probably a cat. Or a dragon. That would be awesome."

13. mysubaccount

"It is!" Cats, anyway. Dragons, um...

Calcite figures out how to mash up cat and snake and bat into something dragony-looking and shifts.

14. emythos

"ooh, super cool!"
    You clap.

15. mysubaccount

Yay, clapping! That means they like it!

Gotta change back now for hand-flapping that doesn't involve lifting off. And watermelon, which wouldn't taste half as good with a cat tongue.

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

"Seriously, that is super cool. "
    You are so lucky to live here and know all these people. This is the awesomest place ever.

17. IvyLB

You try really hard to picture yourself as a bird. You'd be a pretty pretty orange and green colored paradise bird and you'd probably make pretty sounds and you'd be small and...
    After a while of aggressively wanting-to-be-a-bird you open your eyes. Nope.
    "Guess I can't do it at all. I'd have been such a pretty bird too!"
    You watch Calcite turn into a dragon. That's incredible!
    "Dragons are AWESOME! But that seems to be a different kinda dragon from ours. Our dragons are more elongated and kinda translucent. Oh and they totally spit acid!" You remember fondly the days when you were 70 and picked fights with the dragon swarm behind your parents.

• Like x 1
  18. mysubaccount

FLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAP everyone likes dragons yay!

"Ooh, tell me about your dragons!" Cal says to Ivy. YAY DRAGONS!

• Like x 1
  19. mysubaccount

Calcite as a dragon:
    caldragon.png
    Scales and snake head, cat body shape, bat wings instead of front legs. Not the best picture ever but hey, you can see what I'm picturing!

• Like x 2
  20. emythos

"Yes, please! Please talk about dragons!'
    You happy flail excitedly, and nearly tip over.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice