just creachin the best we can

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Anomal(eee), Jun 14, 2019.

1. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I'm up to my emails from 9am today now! :smithhappy:

ETA: my shift started at 9 and I was supposed to be off 5 minutes ago as of the time of posting that (6:05)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Anomal(eee)

I clocked out at about 8:40, after clocking in a little before nine. :zote:

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Anomal(eee)

It's actually not hellishly busy yet! Which is great, because today is Cramps Day, apparently

It chrismas, merr chrismes

• Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Anomal(eee)

The power just flickered???

• Witnessed x 2
  5. Anomal(eee)

Fiyero is in the hospital again and they think they'll need to keep him another two or three days :C

• Witnessed x 3
  6. Anomal(eee)

Isaac is doing his best to be comforting, though. He's been really snuggly and chirpy with Fiyero gone, but he doesn't seem worried, and that's encouraging.
    IMG_20191225_101003762.jpg

• Winner x 3
  7. Anomal(eee)

Ok I've been basically non-functional outside of work for the past week plus and keep losing track of what I want to do with my time off, so! An list:

• Do laundry (AND PUT IT AWAY FFS)
    • Shower & face scrub
    • Analyze new perfumes
    • Water plants
    • Share a whiskey drink with Flidhais
    • Cross stitch
    • Lay out clothes for tomorrow
    • Collect disposable clutter in living room & dining room
    • Take trash out
    • Empty & refill dishwasher

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like x 1
  8. Anomal(eee)

I am the laundry hero!
    As for today, well, I had two pages in my inbox before the day started and it's still two pages after three hours of work. my appointment count can be summarized as follows:
    Itg.gif

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Anomal(eee)

Hm. Got to talk to one of the tenured folks at my work and get a sense of how very far the company has slid from "caring employer that genuinely appreciates it's employees and gives them the tools and incentives to want to do an awesome job" to "high profit margin low quality let's hire in our execs from Walmart even though we go on about promoting from within"

We were laughing together about how one of the managers (hired over from the sales unit but is now a manager in the payroll department...hMmMm) came around the floor while everyone was frantically trying to wrap up so they could go home being like "lights out at 7:30!" at us

And we're all like "we'd love to do that, but you've given us too much work for that to be possible without making tomorrow a disaster & also cost the company assloads of money with amending returns to add info that wasn't processed on time when the clients got it to us on time, soooo... We're gonna be here."

My coworker suggested that next time they suggest that we just... Go home, just like they asked, when they say. And then sit back and let the management deal with all of the escalations that come of it. If we could actually coordinate that, I'd be all for it, but I think there are enough people in the office still kidding themselves that that isn't very likely to come together

The alternative to a work slowdown is what I've been low-key doing on my own, which is forcing myself to work at a healthy pace (taking my legally required breaks, stopping for lunch, stretching my hands when they get sore, looking away from my screen when I remember to, staying hydrated) and staying on the clock for as long as it takes for me to get to the point where I won't be more behind the next day than I was starting that day. (This is better for me because, although it sucks a lot of time out of my day, it costs the company money in a way that directly improves my paycheck, and makes it so I have fewer clients screaming at me day to day.)

And I was struck by the realization on the way home that both tactics are legit ones that, when coordinated, are in the toolbox for unionizing a workplace.

A gremlin can dream, right?

• Like x 1
  10. Anomal(eee)

This new year I was possessed by the spirit of photographic endeavor and learned two things: selfies are hard! and blackberry ginger ale is really good with every whiskey I've tried it with!

Debating between paranoia brain and realistic but tactical brain re: where I want to host these photos so I can share them though bc a significant chunk of my 90s child "never share personal info on the internet" programming is surprisingly intact still and I have to do this song and dance in my head every time *eyeroll*

Anyway, you'll see them here when I make up my gotdam mind

Happy New Year to all of you!

• Winner x 2
  11. Anomal(eee)

Also, an idea for a thing to do tomorrow: write up the blurb about the Dathanna for atchíu ruad, see if i can get more circulation

12. Anomal(eee)

ok so plans for today to START THIS YEAR OFF RIGHT (TM)

• message my dr. about shark week trying to turn into shark month (we are not amused)
    • remember to eat and stay hydrated! (Meals 1/3, accomplished!)
    • oh that reminds me I made tea brb
    (fakeedit i got my tea and it is delicious success.png)

• look at setting up bullet journal
    • make a section in hypothetical journal for cross stitch project ideas because otherwise I'm gonna forget about the cool stuff i wanna make and then just remember that i forgot something and be sad (note to self, acorn & oak leaf bookmark for Em, and then xie also said xie wants a bookmark for CHYW accounting section of xir bujo that has the accounting formula on one side and a simplified verz of the CHYW logo on the other)
    • analyze & record perfume oil glamour compatibilities
    • work on harvest cat cross stitch
    • maybe assemble the beginnings of a chatelaine for my x stitch kit?
    • ok no i don't have the right stuff to do the interlock-y section at the top from which the chains dangle but I COULD MAKE ONE WITH INTERLOCKING RAINBOW CARABINERS AND HAVE A QUEER PRIDE CHATELAINE FUCK YEAH
    • ok doing that
    • play vidja gaemz!
    • spend some time reading!
    • go on walky, get ass in gym across the street/retake it if it's not Instinct anymore and then stick ass in gym
    • i kinda wanna have a section in my steadily less hypothetical bujo for tarot readings records & analysis too because the ones I did last night were super helpful, even if they were a lot of "fuck you! Love, your deck"

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Winner x 3
  13. Anomal(eee)

on another note, really glad I remembered my tea because work is at the "i need to be regularly taking stimulants (energy cocktails are a drug even if they're normalized & can be bought at the grocery store)" level of crazy and will probably stay there for the next several weeks, and the caffeine headache from not starting my day with a Monster is annoying

bright side, tea helps
    other bright side, my pain threshold is high enough that I'll forget there's any lingering headache happening if the tea doesn't knock it all out

• Like x 2
  14. Anomal(eee)

OKAY so bujo is created and i'm very much still in the "I have no idea how this damn thing works" stage
    will undoubtedly be peeking at Em and Kit's to compare notes and get ideas, because the intro on the official site is just open ended enough that the structure feels simultaneously limiting and too vague
    organization really helps adhd type brains!
    which are really bad at getting and staying organized!

I'll figure this out, dammit

• Winner x 2
  15. Anomal(eee)

A song to my cat, in Kitty prison again:
    (To the tune of Hey There, Delilah")

Hey there Fiyero
    You are such a little problem
    But we took you to the hospital
    And they are here to solve em,
    Yes they are
    That's why we put you in the car
    It was so far

Oh, just let me make a plea
    Please remember how to pee
    We can
    assist you medically
    But that
    does cost some money
    And we'd rather buy you treats

(More verses to come depending on my brain and how long we're in this waiting room)

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Anomal(eee)

KITTY PRISONNNNN
    IMG_20200103_212840503.jpg

• Like x 3
  17. Anomal(eee)

My cat is so photogenic even his mug shot is pretty XD

• Agree x 1
  18. Anomal(eee)

Manager: announces that the account history for the entire company is currently only accessible through 2019, with all prior info unavailable

Manager: corporate is aware

Me: 1509537387716-WP_20150128_001.jpeg

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Anomal(eee)

Sometimes when it's quiet the Shirley Temple Digitally Remastered Collector's Edition bundle goes on sale in my head

• Witnessed x 2
  20. Anomal(eee)

Also the year end bullshit at work is finally tapering off, so I'll be around here more again to resume shenanigans! :science:

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice