keltka chatter

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by keltka, Dec 15, 2018.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

hella!! I was planning on going through my tumblr tomorrow so I might start transferring over some of the meta I want to save...

• Like x 1
  2. keltka

honestly I kind of want to make a spreadsheet starter kit for all the event organizers out there
    because holy hell shit can get confusing fast and a good spreadsheet helps SO MUCH
    at the same time it would be really nice to get hired to make spreadsheets for events? UNLIKELY but I can dream

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  3. keltka

one thing I've learned about myself while running/participating in a bunch of shit? I really, really like helping people come up with ways to expand their...content, focus, userbase, etc., on my own terms
    I'm?? pretty good at marketing people/brands, and at finding markets for people to expand into, based on what they do and what they like to do, and what trends I've seen
    but I like being able to clock out of helping, to be able to keep my DMs for friend-stuff, not for business/event stuff

if I could get paid for content expansion consultation and/or fandom event organizing I would be the happiest fucking camper

4. keltka

it varied from troop to troop, but the girl scout troop I was in was so...actually I'll use my main examples

example A: safe campground, no forest, no trees, very few other campers. we wanted to help with the camping, but the adults wouldn't even let us go collect firewood with an adult supervising.

example B: learning trail sign, usually done while on a hike or something, GENERALLY not used immediately after (especially if you've got a bunch of ten year olds in tow). instead, they had us learn trail sign at an indoor house, and we didn't ever practice it outdoors.

example C [comes from another boy scout and girl scout troop]: helped a buddy out with his eagle scout project, it was clearing brush and scrap out of a church's property (wide, stretched out over hills, jungle-y), building some stuff to help the church, involved climbing, machetes, construction, etc, etc...while another troop member's sister planned and organized refreshments for us + the church post-mass as her gold award project.

some of them have much more focus on outdoor skills! I was unlucky enough to get stuck with the one that was Happy Homemaker centric.

SIDENOTE: @swirlingflight I hope it's okay that I quoted you to here!!

5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

:thumbs up: it's cool

i'm glad to have a little more anecdata, i would definitely not have enjoyed being in a super Happy Homemaker group, but i hear of groups more involved in outdoor stuff or in STEM stuff so i know there's more range to it than that

• Agree x 1
  6. keltka

no definitely and I think there are ways to do research on what works for you? but—okay, I was in one troop closer to home, then the same troop my cousins were in, and the first was a little more outdoorsy but we were also kindergarteners/first graders? so like, it's tricky

7. keltka

lowkey I'm BIG mad that I missed danault's hat trick against vegas but it's chill it's chill BUT ALSO LIKE....A WIN IN OVERTIME COME THE FUCK ON that would've been s o swanky

on the bright side I held my own (ish) in french for a solid....mmmmaybe twoish hours? three? in a 100% french-canadian household where there were maybe five fully bilingual people total
    so like........tradeoffs, but also, the only french studying I'm doing for the next two days is reading the canadiens twitter

also lmao at the person who was like "don't the sens tweet in both languages" fucking HA they do NOT

8. keltka

also my future father in law thinks it's fucking hilarious (and pretty Neat) that I'm so into hockey

like I'm pretty sure he didn't expect it given that I come from a tropical island but HEY

9. keltka

...also I want to watch more women's hockey but p much everyone in the family is more focused on the NHL and I can't figure out where/how to stream (then again I haven't put in as much effort as I've wanted to because...no spoons, fuckton of immigration bullshit, polyswap....) (maybe after the hellidays and after my extension app is in.)

• Witnessed x 1
  10. keltka

oh my god so much french
    so much practice
    I am so heckin tired

• Witnessed x 1
  11. keltka

the dream: get enough written down about my idiot OCs that people want to read about 'em
    I mean I've already snuck them into a couple of my fics but hey.........eventually

12. keltka

am loving the doggo pattern building sense
    it appeals greatly especially once I figure it out
    I could probably write this out better if I remembered coding terms but basically the doggo and I have built this system together:

if: hockey stick
    then: hockey (read="the goalie game")

if: the goalie game
    then: play OUTSIDE for longer
    and: play by THE RULES

THE RULES:
    1. for next shot, must be In Range
    NOTE: In Range = two to ten feet from keltka
    if: Too Close, then: [french word for back up]
    if: [french word for back up], then: sit down without backing up ((I don't understand dogs sometimes))
    if: Too Far, then: no shot

2. for next shot, No Ball In Mouth
    if: Ball In Mouth, then: "tch tch" noise
    if: "tch tch" noise, then: Must Drop
    if: Drop, then: Wait ((for dying small animal squeaker noise to end))

There's DEFINITELY a longer/larger pattern here and subpatterns too
    like for instance if he's Far Away and won't come back, if I start batting the ball back and forth he will? and sometimes he places himself deliberately so he can SNAP the ball outta the air OR further so he can do a Fun Chase or Big Leap
    (this doggo has SICK verticals like MULTIPLE feet off the ground)
    but it's good shit!! and because I stick to the rules as well (if: ball is dropped, then: shot taken), he's more willing to give me back the ball than anyone else :D :D :D

• Like x 1
  13. keltka

just found out that gdocs fucked even more of my formatting than I'd previously assumed it had
    this is
    not good
    and I am kind of close to crying because there is a lot that would need to be fixed
    and one main character, a ghost, communicates almost solely through italics
    so it's
    a whole fucking lot
    and I SUPER appreciate my beta putting in a lot of work but oh god coming back to...comments that overflowed the page count over the course of 30 pages is
    a lot

• Witnessed x 3
  14. keltka

15. keltka

YOOOOOO BYRON TEAR THAT SHIT UP

16. keltka

POOP I need a trollsona for this zine I'm in okay time to sift through commission posts @_@

17. keltka

@auxanges HEY BABE LET'S GET ON IT

so we're getting started on doing An Exercise every day and maybe mini reviews of what we do

here we go:

DAY ONE: 10 minute Morning Yoga for Beginners — SaraBethYoga

DAY TWO: 10 min Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch — Yoga with Kassandra

DAY THREE: 80s Warm Up (Mix by DJ Baddmixx) — WE LOVE DANCE & 6-Minute Post-Workout Yoga — Yoga With Adriene

18. keltka

day one review: this was swanky. pretty chill, pretty straightforward, had some fun doing it, good camera angles and explanations, 9/10 would use again

day two review: what the fuck dog. not really a fan of having to take things...too seriously?? also just......nah. 4/10, maybe if I couldn't find something else

day three review zumba: THIS WAS PRETTY DOPE but also hella fast-paced so like be ready for that?? goddamn. the mix Slapped 9/10
    day three review yoga: no. god no. do not tell me to smile mid yoga. what the fuck dog. enjoyed the options given, but god no. 4/10

• Agree x 1
  19. keltka

DAY FOUR:
    Hands Free Yoga (10 minute) Standing Yoga Stretches — Sarah Beth Yoga & 10 Minute Tai Chi Lesson — Jake Mace

day four review yoga: dammit sara. not too bad, pretty fast-paced, but still Dammit. this one is a 7/10, we'll keep her on...for now
    day four review tai chi: no. oh god. oh my god. another "smile" vid and another...actually you know what let's not even go into it rn, this is my own fault for clicking the first short vid I found and not asking my uncle for his tai chi recs. 2/10, we're finding someone else if we do tai chi again

• Agree x 1
  20. auxanges

auxanges pitch connoisseur

keltka went for a bike ride so i took up the mantle
    DAY (belated) FIVE: Full Body Morning Yoga Workout (20 minute) Strength & Stretch | Sarah Beth Yoga

review: still liking sara a lot! she is just toeing the line of being a little patronizing but like. tastefully. this is very good for getting some good aches and i did it after work, so the "morning" part is optional. definitely full body! 7/10

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice