Kem's Robot Worldbuilding Yellhole Apparently

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Kemmasandi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

Omfg I love it XDDD 10/10, Would Read That Fic.

Absolutely agreed that it often reads like "people and Women" to me too. I have seen the odd fic where mech/femme as genders sorta worked for me, but they're few and far between. I had a go at it myself once, because I do like a good challenge, but I'm still p lukewarm on the result - I ended up calling them "operating systems" rather than genders because I realised my worldbuilding was leaning on the bioessentialist side and I didn't wanna make that connection. I may just be Too Agender to get it, lol. My brain rly wants to look for like an Inherent Gender Thingy to attach things to but I know that's not how it works, but then my brain goes "then what's the point??" XDD;; So now all my robots are just agender and I assign pronouns at random bc theyre all using status-based pronouns anyway lol.

[fistbumps in solidarity]
    ART COMMUNES ON VOLCANOES????? ok im sold, i gotta read this lmao. I have heard good things about Exodus, actually. Exiles, I suspect might be one I tried to read once and bounced off, but it probably doesn't help that I never read the first one lol. Maybe that's something to work on once I finally finish Gideon the Ninth sdfghjgd

• Like x 1
  2. Kemmasandi

lmao i scrolled through the entirety of whatever tf came up searching "mechpreg" on twitter and someone recced one of my OPRatch fics!!! In fact they recced my stuff in general, which makes me incredibly happy skjhdfk!! I would say thanks, except it was in like 2017 soooo in the interests of not having to explain why im that far back in the mechpreg search i will... not. XD

• Winner x 1
  3. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Kink is as kink does? :3c

• Like x 1
  4. Kemmasandi

xD alas, it showed up in a 'warning for mechpreg' context. although that was actually kinda cool to see - first third or so of the tag was mainly ppl going wtf?! over mechpreg being a Thing, and then around 2017ish it started to swing toward more positive mentions. (And a lot of screeching about Eugenesis lol)

5. Kemmasandi

lmao god i started watching cyberverse bc the creepy quintesson dude convinced me to try again... clicked on a random episode and theyre talking about pangaea lmfao. i cant escape, theres geology everywhere XDD

tho, unfortunately, theyre literally over a hundred million years out of date. im wheezing, they got grimlock walking around a supercontinent in the very late cretaceous. (spoiler alert, thats closer to us than to pangaea.) fuck theres so much bad geology in here lmfao, i feel bad for critiquing a kids show on science but its absolutely hilarious, i wanna write fanfic just to fix it sksjdkd

... says the ark is buried in the pacific northwest. shows a highlighted bit of map in eastern canada????? like most of it??? im gonna Actually die

7C618267-F7D4-46D6-B73B-E0F52BB3FEDD.jpeg

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. Kemmasandi

it got Even Funnier.

I got a screencap of the Pangaea map and I think it's probably Triassic. It's hard to tell what that bit up north of Africa is; it's either Long Arabia or it could be Cimmeria. I went looking for dates and early rifting of the Central Atlantic gets pinned somewhere around 200Ma in most places, which is right around the Triassic-Jurassic boundary.

upload_2021-5-13_22-3-40.png

If, on the other hand, that long thing is indeed Cimmeria, this is Pangaea in the Permian. I almost want to say yes it is because that would be an absolutely spectacular jumping-off point for Grimlock's Odyssey throughout the Mesozoic lmfao.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Kemmasandi

got lost on yt tonight instead of writing and i really really really want to write a postwar politics fic now where someone in the new government gets a dildogate incident. i need it so bad sdfghj

• Winner x 3
  8. Kemmasandi

went looking thru my old old tumblr blog for some stuff I used to have abt Ratchet, specifically how his relationship with Optimus was intended in TFP. I found the note on the episode commentary where it was mentioned that he probably loves optimus the most, but there was something else i remember seeing and I NEED TO KNOW if it was real or if my shipper brain just dreamed it up sdfghj

Also found a mention of an old plotbunny where Ratchet was half-arachnicon and had some extra hands as a result. I'm gonna have to write it lmao, I NEED IT

• Like x 2
  9. Kemmasandi

So there's a troll going around certain TF fandom tags on Ao3 again. I posted a megastar fic i found in my old blog last night and they promptly jumped on me. It's funny how hard theyre trying to get me to pay attention to them lol. I put all my fics on registered-users-only so they'll have to use a bit more effort next time lol

• Witnessed x 3
  10. Kemmasandi

I'm stuck on an OPRatch smutfic I started writing ages ago and it's 100% getting away from me but in a way I like, lol. I need more heatfic that really goes hard on the whole... biological imperative, loss of self-control aspect, and TFP Optimus is so self-controlled that it's great fun to get in there and watch him losing it. >:D Also Ratchet is so careful and caring and ahhhhh i love them <3333

• Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. Kemmasandi

[​IMG]

i am like 90% sure this account is a troll based on... a few things really but i just scrolled thru their list and had a good laugh at a few of them. this and the one where multishipping muses = cheating are my faves sdfghj

• Agree x 2
  12. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

even if that account isn't a troll: Jokes's On Them, monstrous vampires are potentially even hotter than the human ones.

• Agree x 2
  13. Kemmasandi

upload_2021-6-5_19-1-38.png

This map is hilarious omfg
    giant mediterranean
    and there's a dick in it

i paused to get a shot of central america not being there but holy shit this is better skdhjfjkh

• Winner x 1
  14. HonestlyVan

CENTRAL EUROPE AS SUNK INTO THE OCEAN

THE EVIL IS DEFEATED

THE NORDICS RECLAIM THE CONTINENT

• Winner x 1
  15. Kemmasandi

My best guess is that the Extra Africa bit is like the iberian peninsula + france BUT i cannot look at it without seeing dickbutt for some reason and im skhfgjvdhhj

• Winner x 1
  16. Kemmasandi

on the plus side, nz is still there for once if i let the globe spin

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Kemmasandi

god i hate the nickname 'Ratty' for Ratchet lmfao, i have no reason for disliking it but my brain has just gone NOPE with a vengeance lmfao. Knocks me out of immersion every time.

• Agree x 2
  18. HonestlyVan

A single-panel LL-ism that was never the height of cleverness anyway that has become near-ubiquitous b/c some people just don't know when a joke has stopped being funny? Yes, I can't imagine why we'd be sick of seeing it xD

(I'm also team "if I never have to see Ratchet shipped with a hunky racecar in a blatant attempt to recreate a character dynamic the writer clearly imagined being much rosier than it actually was in canon". I may have officially stopped hating Drift on the 31st of March this year, but discussions about shipping is still where the ghosts of comics past seem to love making themselves known again)

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Kemmasandi

ohhhhhh, it was in lost light? i guess that explains why i never used to see it back in like... 2017? Think that was the last time i was rly looking at TF fandom stuff lmao. I was Confused abt why suddenly it's so common but yep, fandom will take those little things and run a mile with them.

(tbh i dont vibe with a lot of nicknames anyway. 'Ratch' is on thin ice but Acceptable, at least coming from certain characters. The addition of the cutesy ending makes it like nails on a chalkboard skdhdgd)

20. Kemmasandi

[​IMG]

grumbly babey

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice